Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 80/10/10 raw veganism is more paleo than nutritional ketosis. page

Timthetaco Guest

80/10/10 raw veganism is more paleo than nutritional ketosis.

Shop Now
    I'm sorry, I have to say it. This idea that blood sugar should never rise, ever, and carrying around a glucometer and ketone meter are the path to optimal health, and that ketogenic bliss somehow relates to "ancestral health" at large is a hefty, steamy pile of bullshit. I'm sure even the Massai and the Inuit would think this idea is bullshit. We need to abandon this Grass-Fed Atkins shit quick if we want any scientist worth their title to take this movement seriously. You can't model a diet based on evolutionary biology on the idea that glucose is poison.

I'm serious, Gary Taubes, Jimmy Moore and Ron Rosedale are the worst things that ever happened to paleo.

Or maybe I'm just cranky because the extra protein took me out of ketosis.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Bullshit. And even more bullshit.

Have some bacon. Take a nap. You'll feel better tomorrow.

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Bullshit. And even more bullshit.

Have some bacon. Take a nap. You'll feel better tomorrow.
    Bacon has too much protein in it. I don't want to get caught in the zone of misery. I'll have some heavy whipping cream mixed with spinach instead.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    haha
    Billie trips balls

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    who cares

seriously

no, i mean... seriously
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Timthetaco Guest
    ^ That doesn't mean much coming from you. You don't really care about anything.

sure i do

i have a very select and exclusive set of cares

but i have a question for you. think back, back to time immemorial. how would ancestral man have eaten 80% carbs?

sure, fruit is the easiest. but fruit season is short and fruit itself spoils quickly.

okay let's go to fall with, perhaps, starchy tubers. the edible tuber season is a few weeks at most.

80/10/10 is not paleo. nutritional ketosis is not paleo. back then man ate whatever he could find that he knew wouldn't kill him (and sometimes in famine he had to hope and guess that something growing was edible), through knowledge passed down vocally through elder tribe members who experienced poisoning or watched other tribe members die from eating poisonous plant matter

vast periods of famine with not long enough periods of feast are paleo. bug eating is paleo. hunting and inner organ eating is paleo. numbers counting is not
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Timthetaco Guest
    Let's ignore ancestral man for now. Let's think about current hunter gatherers, and how only a select few, like the Inuit and Massai, don't eat a whole lot of starch. Most others do. How do they get their starch? From fruit, from tubers, from fucking palm trees (sago), from available grains. Now think back to the paleolithic. Subtract several billion from the current world population, consider (barring ice ages) nothing but a world full of thriving ecosystems. How exactly would man NOT be able to find starch?

You might not think nutritional ketosis is paleo, but I've been hearing all about how ketosis is the natural state of man. Exactly how much the Ancestral Health Symposium was dedicated to ketosis? How about that idiotic safe starches panel?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    So why exactly is ketosis so bad?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Let's ignore ancestral man for now. Let's think about current hunter gatherers, and how only a select few, like the Inuit and Massai, don't eat a whole lot of starch. Most others do. How do they get their starch? From fruit, from tubers, from fucking palm trees (sago), from available grains. Now think back to the paleolithic. Subtract several billion from the current world population, consider (barring ice ages) nothing but a world full of thriving ecosystems. How exactly would man NOT be able to find starch?

You might not think nutritional ketosis is paleo, but I've been hearing all about how ketosis is the natural state of man. Exactly how much the Ancestral Health Symposium was dedicated to ketosis? How about that idiotic safe starches panel?
    the only 'natural state of man' was the state we were evolved to be, hunter gatherers. there is nothing natural about our world now so none of the terminology can apply. i mean, sure, is way back when man lived in a temperate climate he'd have food from palm trees and fruit and starchy tubers for longer periods, but he's still subjected to the seasons. but now the entire world farms and if one type of food isn't native then it's bred and rebred and spliced to fit better

the philosophy of it all doesn't fit

but this is me being nit picky. to say 'this is more paleo than THIS' is fairly disingenuous because it's all branches of the same tree. if one way works better for you then that's great, do that
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast