Well, I thought I would try a Primal Journal - I don't know if I can stick to it -- We'll see. When I am being conscientious, I track my food on Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople which has an excellent food tracker, recipe calculator, and notes section, although on Sparkpeople I keep most of my diet stuff private, because I don't need comments from people who don't have the same goals as I do (you'd be surprised how many people think Paleo/primal is unhealthy). Anyway, the Sparkpeople food tracker keeps track of the nutrients in the food I list, but I use the notes section to describe my actual day, so I will copy the notes section and share it here.

For example, here is yesterday's notes:

Saturday
CW: 191.4

(I couldn't get to sleep last night -- carb count may have been too low but because it was Friday I probably did not have enough protein either. I finally got up around midnight and had 2 pieces of oopsie bread with butter = 1 egg, 1 oz. cream cheese, and 1 T butter - not included on tracker.)

Started the day with 1 cup water and juice of 1/2 lemon. And then 1 cup coffee, and 1.5 tablespoon coconut milk.

Breakfast was 3 pieces Oopsie Bread French toast (since I didn't know how much bacon fat I fried it in, or how much egg wash stuck to the French toast, there is more fat in this breakfast than is recorded in the tracker).

3 pieces of Applegate bacon

About 1.5 teaspoon cultured butter, and 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup, and strawberries.

1 cup coffee

10:00 Walk dog and husband -- DH is recovering from surgery and needs to walk.

11:00 Snack - 1 piece leftover oopsie French Toast
3 cups water and supplements

1:00 Lunch
Big salad with Romaine, avocado, tomato, onion, radish, celery leaves, olive oil and coconut vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper
Leftover rotisserie chicken
2 cups water
1 square Lindt 85% chocolate

2:15 glass of water

3:00 Started making Prosfora (Holy Bread for Sunday)-- forgot until now that it was my week! (Nibbled on a small amount of bread dough)

5:00 1/4 cup walnuts to tide me over until supper after vespers tonight. And 1 piece of leftover Applegate Bacon that I happened to see in the fridge when I opened the door.

I had 1 smoked string cheese while I was getting supper ready.

8:00 Supper
1 large bowl of Broccoli Cheddar Soup
1 stalk celery stuffed with tuna mixed with sour cream
1 glass water
1 square 70% Dark Chocolate

Totals: 9 glasses water
Fat: 66.9%, Carbs ll.5 % (57 carbs) Protein 21.6%

I think I actually ate more fat -- it's hard to track fat because you don't know how much fat sticks to the food that you saute. I decided I would be more interested in tracking my carbs.

WOD: Walking the dog AM & PM

That's it for now!
God bless,
Ruth