Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The week of the pickled veggie... page 2

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nycteris View Post
    Awesome, thank you! Oh, boy, fermented tomatoes, my toes are curling already...
    Hah, glad to help your toes get a-curlin'...

Go forth and ferment!

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Lissee, I give you a personal invitation to come on over for a tasting.
    Wahoo, be right over.

Quote Originally Posted by lissee View Post
    Wahoo, be right over.
    Can't wait! Let me know when your plane lands!

Can't wait! Let me know when your plane lands!
    Will do. lol

So, thanks for that link to the fermenting site with all the recipes. Am looking forward to giving some of them a try. Am intrigued by the garlic recipe.

Will do. lol

So, thanks for that link to the fermenting site with all the recipes. Am looking forward to giving some of them a try. Am intrigued by the garlic recipe.
    Okie-dokie, we'll get ya to my door swomehow.

The garlic recipe looks delish! Although I'm not sure if I could stand waiting four or five months...

I'm too impatient!

Paleobird Guest
    There is a booth at my local Farmer's Market called Edible Alchemy that does all things fermented including some awesome kombucha. Yesterday I bought this stuff from him that is blend of cabbage, cilantro, chlorella, spirulina, dulse, onion, and salt. He calls it Green Detox but it is very tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    There is a booth at my local Farmer's Market called Edible Alchemy that does all things fermented including some awesome kombucha. Yesterday I bought this stuff from him that is blend of cabbage, cilantro, chlorella, spirulina, dulse, onion, and salt. He calls it Green Detox but it is very tasty.
    Paleobird... Fermented stuff lasts forever if kept in the brine, so ummm... Buy me some of everything and mail it my way!

I'll gladly pay you back Tuesday for some fermented goodies today.

Okie-dokie, we'll get ya to my door swomehow.

The garlic recipe looks delish! Although I'm not sure if I could stand waiting four or five months...

I'm too impatient!
    *grin*

I know! When I saw that it takes so long for the garlic recipe I was surprised. But it might actually work for me. I'm planning a long trip soon, and timing wise, it might just work out for when I get back. That is if it doesn't explode on me while I'm gone, or make my apartment smell horribly...

But I like garlic, and it's supposed to be good for you, so I thought it might be interesting to it try out.

*grin*

I know! When I saw that it takes so long for the garlic recipe I was surprised. But it might actually work for me. I'm planning a long trip soon, and timing wise, it might just work out for when I get back. That is if it doesn't explode on me while I'm gone, or make my apartment smell horribly...

But I like garlic, and it's supposed to be good for you, so I thought it might be interesting to it try out.
    Raw garlic contains an antioxidant (it degrades to almost nothing when heated or cooked) that is called "allicin." Allicin thins the blood for a more efficient blood flow and also has been shown to scavenge free radicals in the heart and reduce cholesterol. It's benefits are very targeted towards the cardiovascular system, but of course, what's good for it is often good for many other systems as well.

Although, the key was that raw garlic was the substance that had all of the wonderful health benefits. The allicin tends to break down rather easily. I'm not sure how well the allicin would hold up after four or five months of fermenting however...

Where ya going for a trip that long?

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Drumroll..... Just saw this! How timely! I'm intrigued!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast