Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Where do you stand? page 8

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Here's my problem with politics; I have a very strong belief that people should be able to make their own choices, and excercise their rights. This spans abortion (pro-choice), gay marriage (pro), AND gun rights (anti gun control).

Unfortunately, the Democrats and Republicans seem to be all gung-ho about protecting some rights while totally discriminating against the others and it seems ridiculous that most people can't see how arbitrary and hypocritical this is.

p.s. I enjoyed the I SIDE WITH survey - it was fun!
    I scored:
    83% Obama
    79% Gary Johnson
    78% Jill Stein
    52% Mitt Romney
    57% American voters

BONZ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Here's my problem with politics; I have a very strong belief that people should be able to make their own choices, and excercise their rights. This spans abortion (pro-choice), gay marriage (pro), AND gun rights (anti gun control).

Unfortunately, the Democrats and Republicans seem to be all gung-ho about protecting some rights while totally discriminating against the others and it seems ridiculous that most people can't see how arbitrary and hypocritical this is.

+10000
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post

Exactly. This is the argument I have with my boyfriend. He points out something obnoxious that one party is doing, and I point out how the other party did pretty much the same thing about a different issue. What it comes down to is having the same rules for everyone (which should be minimal anyway) and letting me be a grownup and make my own decisions, but neither side wants to let that happen.

I can't remember who said it, but I heard once that the Democrats and Republicans are just the same thing with different marketing. Not entirely true, but not all that far off either.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimp56 View Post
    I agree however that is not the current definition, or thought process by the two sides. I believe the the current freedom lovers reside in the conservative libertarians who advocate for the smallest goverment possible.
    Ha, ha, ha
    It looks like some of libertarian leaders are using the despicable "socialized" European medicine (they give an example of some top guy, married to a French woman) who, yes goes to doctors in Paris.
    Apparently, only little libertarians should be deprived of medical care.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Im gonna go Obama. Just love that man. And John Key of course - but hes not in the running in America !!!!!!!
    Yeah, what not to like there - he smiles, he talks, he offers "Hope, unity, change," he's strong - look at his record at throwing under the bus everyone and everything (whom he wouldn't throw? - a rhetorical question). He's a saint, no, no, no he's Messiah, no, no, no, he's God.
    The problem is that messianic movements tend to end up tragically.

Look what I found in a dictionary
    charlatan - a flamboyant deceiver; one who attracts customers with tricks or jokes

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Each party really just ahs their own way of approaching the problem(s) -- so it's really not what to do (ie, 'fix the economy! fix education! fix health care!') but how to do it.

And, as others have said, both parties step on rights depending upon the "du jour" of it.

----

Honestly, I'm just getting ahold of NZ politics and I'm not keen on this asset sales bit.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678