Page 98 of 673 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 6725

Thread: What is your workout today? page 98

  1. #971
    rphlslv's Avatar
    rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,005
    Primal Fuel
    Squats 280 lbs missed a rep, I officially stalled

    Press, 125 lbs
    holy crap, didn't expect this
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

  2. #972
    Bird Goddess's Avatar
    Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    303
    Gini, your vacation sounds excellent. I has envy!

  3. #973
    cerebelumsdayoff's Avatar
    cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Squats 280 lbs missed a rep, I officially stalled

    Press, 125 lbs
    holy crap, didn't expect this
    Fuck, dude; even 280 is huge!

    I got a pull up bar recently so I woke up and did a little bit of pull up variation to wake up. Time to go to the gym.

    Warm ups: pushups and inverted rows (3 x F)

    Squat 5 x 10 (missed two reps on two sets though) - 165 lbs. Good form today, made good progress since last time. My ass is feeling it.

    Overhead press (first time I have actually done one; shame on me for not doing it earlier):
    1 x 10 (85 lbs)
    4 x 8 (75 - 75 - 70 - 65)

    Deadlift

    1 x 3 (270) boo ya, personal best
    1 x 4 (255)

    10 minute walk home
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

    It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

  4. #974
    primal_jessjane's Avatar
    primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    569
    Lodini, don't feel like a wuss, we are all at our own levels :-)
    Velocity, good job on your Simplefit, great idea subbing in diamond push-ups... I need to do more of them in order to progress to a pretty planche, as far as I know...


    Last full day up in Maine, thought I'd play around the neighborhood one final time...Involved:
    Low crawls
    Walking lunges
    Running/sprinting/walking/leaping
    ~25mins.

    + pull-up ladder:
    5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-5-3-2-1= 59 total
    Rest 30-60sec between most sets

    I am a pull-up MACHINE!!! Arms are shaky. Chest/shoulders/obliques are sore from all those push-ups yesterday. MORE IS MORE!!!

  5. #975
    rphlslv's Avatar
    rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    Fuck, dude; even 280 is huge!

    I got a pull up bar recently so I woke up and did a little bit of pull up variation to wake up. Time to go to the gym.

    Warm ups: pushups and inverted rows (3 x F)

    Squat 5 x 10 (missed two reps on two sets though) - 165 lbs. Good form today, made good progress since last time. My ass is feeling it.

    Overhead press (first time I have actually done one; shame on me for not doing it earlier):
    1 x 10 (85 lbs)
    4 x 8 (75 - 75 - 70 - 65)

    Deadlift

    1 x 3 (270) boo ya, personal best
    1 x 4 (255)

    10 minute walk home
    Why are you doing 5x10? Just curious.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

  6. #976
    cerebelumsdayoff's Avatar
    cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Why are you doing 5x10? Just curious.
    I usually do 5 x 5 with heavy weights but sometimes I drop the weights a bit and do more reps to get the advantages of that lower weight/higher reps effect. I did, although, want to give my body a good shock with a heavy deadlift in the end. Wednesday will be back to 5 x 5 with heavier weights for me.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

    It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

  7. #977
    gini's Avatar
    gini is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Goddess View Post
    Gini, your vacation sounds excellent. I has envy!
    Thanks! We were really lucky with the weather this weekend - not being outside the whole time seemed out of the question. I would like to go back now, please!

  8. #978
    Velocity's Avatar
    Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Velocity, good job on your Simplefit, great idea subbing in diamond push-ups... I need to do more of them in order to progress to a pretty planche, as far as I know...
    Yeah I'd like to pull off a planche too...


    ...but yet I can't hold a freakin' frog stand for more than two seconds. Need to work on that.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

    For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

  9. #979
    bcbcbc2's Avatar
    bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Squats 280 lbs missed a rep, I officially stalled

    Press, 125 lbs
    holy crap, didn't expect this
    SS, right?
    Where's your dl/pc?
    <finger wag> yndtfp
    I've never run ss and probly never will but i read rips q+a for entertainment and a little education.

    How do you get something unexpected in a linear progression program?

  10. #980
    rphlslv's Avatar
    rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbcbc2 View Post
    SS, right?
    Where's your dl/pc?
    <finger wag> yndtfp
    I've never run ss and probly never will but i read rips q+a for entertainment and a little education.

    How do you get something unexpected in a linear progression program?
    I did do cleans, but only 3x3 135. I didn't bother listing it because it was pretty shitty.

    The unexpected was because I had stalled on the press at 115 lbs for many weeks, and today suddenly it went up to 125.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •