Page 669 of 695 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 6942

Thread: What is your workout today? page 669

Michael S is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bench press, decline BB press, crouched cable pulldowns, low pulley cable curls (stacks).

After laying off due to a lumbar tweak, I went off the reservation this afternoon and DL'd for the first time in 9 weeks.

10x135, 7x225, 5x275, 3x320, 15x225.

Coach doesn't know, yet, but we were planning to begin pulling again when I return home from vacation next week anyway. I just started a little early. Is that so wrong ? Anyway, the sets went easy, my spine is asymptomatic, and I'm dead hanging every hour on the hour from a tree branch in mom's backyard just to make sure.
    5'8"
    160 lbs

miata is offline Senior Member

Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 3, week 2 (3/3/3), Workout B

Another great workout -- exceeded the last set of 3/3/3 with 6 reps for machine chest press, 10 for machine rows, and 6 for trap bar dead lift. Also, getting a nice burn going on the last 5-6 reps of many of the assistant exercises -- with OldSchool's eccentric-focused training.

5/3/1 program exercises bold faced -- others are assistance exercises

Exercise Sets Reps Weight

• Hammer Strength chest press 3x120 3x135 6x150
    • Hammer Strength rows 3x140 3x160 10x180

• Hammer Strength rows 3x15x140
    • Dumbbell incline press 5x15x50
    • Dumbbell front raises 3x15x30
    • RDL with trap bar 2x10x135
    • Cable tricep push-downs 15x100 15x90 15x80
    • Trap bar shrugs 2x15x205
    • Trap bar dead lift 3x235 3x275 6x305

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    Squats:

142.5 kg (313.5lb) x 3 x 5

Had to cut these short for time (intended 5x5 across). Worked out well because I didn't want to risk the back.

Press:

55 kg (121 lb) x 5 x 5

Deadlifts:

170 kg (374 lb) x 5
    220 kg (484 lb) x 1
    240 kg x 0

I felt really good on my ramp up sets. I was initially going to set up for 160 kg as a fiver, then figured, fuck it, I feel good and they've got lotsa new 25 kg bumpers. Be a shame not to use them. Then I felt good at the end of the fiver and thought, why not see if I've still got it. Pulled a single 10 kg away from my old PR after less than a month back in the gym and held lockout for a good few seconds. Happy.

Then I thought I'd use the extra ten minutes the gym was open for to just go mental and try to crack my old PR. Obviously, it didn't work. Made 2 attempts at the 240, barely breaking it off the floor the second time. Might be an idea to start programming some defecit deadlifts whenever my progression on fivers stalls.

Between sets:

Fucked around with some chin ups, pull ups and some lower back extensions. Nothing in any great sequence, just a way of killing down time between presses.
    Last edited by Reventon; 08-15-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Light squat & standing calf raises. This evening, a pleasant 4 mile walk/run over hilly terrain. Now, 2 days off. Sunny, warm and clear in the San Gabriel Valley.
    5'8"
    160 lbs

Rosencrantz1 is offline Senior Member
    BBS big 5. In the process of switching gyms, so I need to re-find where I need to be on all the machine settings with these new (better) machines. Expect to have everything dialed in in the next week or two.
    “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

ColeTrain is online now Member
    Finally got our memberships to wife's new schools gym! First time lifting weights in a little over a month so I started kind of light and hoping to work back up quickly.

Squats: 185 x 5 , 185 x 5 , 155 x 5
    (First set felt good, second was leaning too far forward so I lowered weight. I am going to work back up squatting 3x a week to focus on form, still hitting depth but its gotten a bit sloppy)
    Bench: 115 x 5 , 115 x 5 , 115 x 5
    (These felt really good)
    Pullups: BW x 10 , BW x 8 , BW x 5
    Barbell Curls: 50 x 5 , 50 x 5 , 50 x 5

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Today was one of those days I was so gassed that not only did I hear Jesus, he asked to work in on my last set of Power Cleans. I did some silly accessory shit yesterday, mostly some gunz work, pull ups, dips and light deadlifts plus a quick little interval session on a rowing machine. Kind of went overboard with it. As a result, today was effin brutal on me.

Squats

150 kg (330 lb) x 5 x 5

Bench

70 kg (154 lb) x 5 x 5

Power Cleans

70 kg (154 lb) x 3 x 5

My CNS was shot by the end of this. Gassed is not strong enough a word. I'm lying down with a very contented smile after my steak and shower, though

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Today was one of those days I was so gassed that not only did I hear Jesus, he asked to work in on my last set of Power Cleans. I did some silly accessory shit yesterday, mostly some gunz work, pull ups, dips and light deadlifts plus a quick little interval session on a rowing machine. Kind of went overboard with it. As a result, today was effin brutal on me.

Squats

150 kg (330 lb) x 5 x 5

Bench

70 kg (154 lb) x 5 x 5

Power Cleans

70 kg (154 lb) x 3 x 5

My CNS was shot by the end of this. Gassed is not strong enough a word. I'm lying down with a very contented smile after my steak and shower, though
    What are you adding to your squats, like 25 pounds per workout? I'm going to enjoy the short time left where I've got a couple more pounds on the bar than you do.
    The Champagne of Beards

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    What are you adding to your squats, like 25 pounds per workout? I'm going to enjoy the short time left where I've got a couple more pounds on the bar than you do.
    I wish. Well, I did make some 10 kg jumps on my squats earlier on (but to be fair, first session back I struggled with 100 kg, so those jumps were bound to happen once my CNS reacclimatized) and added 5 kgs to the power clean and bench this session.

Right now it's going to be 2.5 kg increments per workout and I'll add in a light front squat day on Wednesday. If nothing else, I need to slow myself down so my spinal erectors and CNS can catch up to my legs.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Light bench, DB triceps extensions (floor), power cleans, snatch high pulls, bar dips.