Page 62 of 615 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your workout today? page 62

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh no... tomorrow night is Fran. I don't want to do fran

gini is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Too hot out lately, makes me drag my ass. I meant to do something a little more structured... But is structure really that important???...I wonder if this is all... In vain... Is anything better than nothing?
    I really think if you're dragging ass you should rest. I know how active you are (your energy is amazing!), but I think your body may be telling you to cool it. I've been pretty lazy since June 6th - my activities were off the charts for June and my body was just telling me to calm down. I've been taking it easy - just biking, climbing, swimming - and now I'm ready to get back into it. I think it's important to rest, sleep, and refuel every once in a while. Plus, I feel like a wilted flower in the humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Oh no... tomorrow night is Fran. I don't want to do fran
    You'll do Fran. You'll do Fran and you'll like it.

Tuesday: biking and I also got a massage. My rhomboid and traps (especially on the right side) are killing me this month. My therapist put something called polar ice (?) on my upper back that was awesome. Today, however, I am back in pain land. Does anyone know what the product is so that I can buy some and force someone to put it on me daily? My googling has come up empty. She also suggested an Epsom salt bath for my upper back. I am six feet tall and really looking forward to sitting with my legs up out of the bathtub in order to submerge my upper body. Are there any better options out there?

Wednesday: climbing! Indoors though cause it's raining here. Bummer.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Vick, do you still find that your body composition is changing with once a week? I will admit I am into this "instant gratification" thing. I really am trying hard to change my mindset. Slow and steady... Slow and steady... You lost nearly 50 pounds! Congratulations! Do you ever count your calories?

Gini, you may be absolutely right. I think I may just stop my traditional lifting (but I'll be damned if I have to stop sprinting!) and start working on building my strength gradually and with focus through the six moves in Convict Conditioning (pullups, pushups, leg raises, bridges, squats and handstands.) I never really thought I was overly active, but I think that's because I used to workout 5 or 6 days a week for quite a few years. So even three days a week seems like a break to me! How has taken a break affected you physically and mentally?

Which I could help you with the therapy thing. Polar Ice? I always just thought that was the brand of an ice pack. ;-) Why don't you call him/her and ask? What do you mean by they are "killing you"? What sort of pain?

Overcast here, too. I was sort of planning on riding my bike around, but it's just so blah outside. Might go riding later if the sky clears up, but I doubt it. I am also INCREDIBLY sore from those pull-ups and close push-ups yesterday. My lats, shoulders and chest are begging for a nice massage. I guess it is a...rest day...Hum...

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    P90X Legs & Back...although my chest/shoulders are still extremely sore from 2 days ago so I think I will be skipping the pull ups.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Gini, you may be absolutely right. I think I may just stop my traditional lifting (but I'll be damned if I have to stop sprinting!) and start working on building my strength gradually and with focus through the six moves in Convict Conditioning (pullups, pushups, leg raises, bridges, squats and handstands.) I never really thought I was overly active, but I think that's because I used to workout 5 or 6 days a week for quite a few years. So even three days a week seems like a break to me! How has taken a break affected you physically and mentally?

Which I could help you with the therapy thing. Polar Ice? I always just thought that was the brand of an ice pack. ;-) Why don't you call him/her and ask? What do you mean by they are "killing you"? What sort of pain?
    Physically, it's really given me a boost in performance. I've regained my energy and now all my results are way better than they were over Independence weekend. Mentally, it's just been nice to chill out. I'm a former marathoner and current long distance biker, so I understand what it's like to workout 6 days a week. I've really enjoyed sleeping in, tooling around...it's nice not to feel overly stressed or rushed or that I "have" to fit in a workout. I'm also really ready to hit it hard starting this week. I feel refreshed and ready for some action.

I thought it was that icepack thing too, but it's some sort of cream that you apply. Sort of like iceyhot? But I think it begins with Polar. I just thought you lifters would know what it is called before I called the masseuse! My right shoulder is constantly screaming in pain. It's the part on my shoulderblade, mostly and it feels like one giant knot.

Physically, it's really given me a boost in performance. I've regained my energy and now all my results are way better than they were over Independence weekend. Mentally, it's just been nice to chill out. I'm a former marathoner and current long distance biker, so I understand what it's like to workout 6 days a week. I've really enjoyed sleeping in, tooling around...it's nice not to feel overly stressed or rushed or that I "have" to fit in a workout. I'm also really ready to hit it hard starting this week. I feel refreshed and ready for some action.

I thought it was that icepack thing too, but it's some sort of cream that you apply. Sort of like iceyhot? But I think it begins with Polar. I just thought you lifters would know what it is called before I called the masseuse! My right shoulder is constantly screaming in pain. It's the part on my shoulderblade, mostly and it feels like one giant knot.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Today was fucking fun.

Squats: 5x5, worked up to 235 lbs.

Pull-ups: 3x5

Bench Press: 3x5, worked up to 160 lbs

Deadlift: 1x5 275 lbs
    I was yelling at the top of my lungs here...
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Lifting Day:

100 pushups (30 - 25 - 20 - 15 - 10)
    Squats 5 x 5 (140 lbs)
    Bench 5 x 5 (worked up to 120 lbs)
    Deadlift 5 x 5 (worked up to 185 lbs)
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Bunch of bodyweight stuff. I've incorporated some of the principles of gymnastics into my bodyweight routines. Hang on, lemme pull up my post from another site ( bodyweightculture.com )... My only equipment right now is a tree branch, a Jungle Gym Split, and my bodyweight. Should be all I ever need, eh? haha

1a) L-sit practice -- Four holds, combined total right around one minute. Still trying to get my legs parallel. This is going to take a while. My hip flexors, as well as that one muscle running across the quads, are still weak.
    1b) Inverted hang practice -- This time I focused on letting one foot be free from the support of my JGS strap. Managed to hold these fairly well, too. Grip still isn't rock-solid, but I'm working on it. On the third (of four), I actually managed to hold a no-foot-support inverted hang for a couple seconds.

2a) Pull-ups from JGS -- Now that I can actually do these without crimped form... did three sets: 6, 5, 4. I noticed an imbalance, too. My left side is weaker. I pull myself up more with my right side than left, it becomes more pronounced near the top of the movement. Any advice for this? I tried to consciously pull harder with my left side in the later sets but my reps didn't materialize as easily.
    2b) Pushups -- Using the big cement support, I tried what I can only describe as a pseudo-planche pushup. I put my feet on the support, hands just behind the shoulders, and did pushups that way. I moved my feet up/down the wall as I went (made easier due to cement not having much friction against my VFF, at least going down; going up was harder). These pushups, I managed sets of 6, 3, and 4. The final two sets, I added some divebomber pushups on the end of each set: 9, and 8 respectively.

3a) 1-Leg deadlift -- 3 sets of 12. Final set I split up to be 2 sets of 6 reps per leg (6 with right, 6 with left, 6 with right, 6 with left), since I think I tweaked a hamstring and didn't want to do too many consecutive reps.
    3b) Hanging Knee Raises -- 3 sets of 6. As I said earlier, my hip flexors are still weak. I can't bring my knees all the way into my chest at all.

Godzilla is offline Senior Member
    Tuesday: Rest Day

Wed: Did this bodyweight workout: http://www.trainforstrength.com/workout1.shtml Has lots of pushups, pullups, squats, split-squats.