Page 537 of 679 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547587637 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 6787

Thread: What is your workout today? page 537

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ahhh.... i miss George Carlin.

Reventon is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I disagree. You lift more than I do, so you're either a cheater, genetic freak, steroid user, or sandbagger.

Kind of like how George Carlin pointed out that everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, while anybody who drives faster is a maniac.
    It all makes perfect sense now. Who slipped them roids in my coffee?!?

But if you'd told me 10 weeks ago that deloading and starting 5x5 from 60-70% of my 5rm then progressively loading in teeny tiny increments would do this, I'd tell you you to put the crack pipe down. The results have legitimately stunned me.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    ^I'm giving something like that a go. I'm not doing the 5x5....more like "Easy Strenght" 2x5 five times a week with deads, squat, OHP, chins and kettlebells. Maybe I'll go balls out in 2-3 months and see if its produced the same results. I've been lifting more in the hypertrophy range of 8-12 for the past few months, so I think this could be a good time to switch.

Gator is offline Senior Member
    Slow burn routine. 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week ----or maybe twice a week
    In the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors

shotgun always wins.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    ^I'm giving something like that a go. I'm not doing the 5x5....more like "Easy Strenght" 2x5 five times a week with deads, squat, OHP, chins and kettlebells. Maybe I'll go balls out in 2-3 months and see if its produced the same results. I've been lifting more in the hypertrophy range of 8-12 for the past few months, so I think this could be a good time to switch.
    Yeah, I think cycling hypertrophy and strength like that is really smart. I wish I could put my strength goals aside for 4 or 8 or 12 weeks and do some high rep stuff, but I seem to always be chasing a number (right now, 405 squat, 500 dead. I want it so bad my teeth hurt) and never can bring myself to "ego down" enough to do a real hypertrophy cycle. Have you gained some mass? I feel like if you gain mass, then teach it to contract like a mofo, you should see some awesome results.
    The Champagne of Beards

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    bowling shoes ugly.
    HA! Think the first time I saw this term was this week in an eliteFTS article. I'm going to start putting it in my log when the reps get squirrely. "7 total reps, last 2 BSU"
    The Champagne of Beards

Reventon is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Woof. 5 times a week, though. Doubt I'd have survived 5x5 without my rest days. I have to say, just seeing the promotional YouTube vids for Easy Strength with Pavel and Dan John talking to people was simply inspiring. Definitely interested to see the results it gets you.

Definitely agree as well, Rich, that cycling in hypertrophy would probably be beneficial. I've cycled in decline DB presses (another Oldschhool suggestion) onmy chest days to good effect... my chest has both more mass and shape now than it did three weeks ago, and I would be remiss to think it had nothing to do with the recent bump in control and power I had on my barbell bench. It's a bitch of a thing to pre exhaust your chest with the barbell then hit the dumbbells (or more painfully, do the reverse as I tried on Friday), but my feeling is that it's working. More tinkering required for proof.

gergirl Guest
    Pulling day...lat pull, seated rowing and biceps & one arm rowing with dumbbells (lifting to failure).
    After that I hit the indoor rower for 15 min to cool down. Will that diminish the effect of the weight training????
    Long walk in the afternoon, enjoying winters sun

Quote Originally Posted by gergirl View Post
    After that I hit the indoor rower for 15 min to cool down. Will that diminish the effect of the weight training??
    Nope.
    The Champagne of Beards

gergirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Nope.
    But it won't help either, right? Will it help recovery? Read in another thread that cycling after leg workout makes some feel less sore?!