Page 521 of 779 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 7781

Thread: What is your workout today? page 521

  1. #5201
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,445
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by nojoke View Post
    5+  340 (went 6 reps new PR)
    congrats on the PR.

    Tomorrow's my 5/3/1 day and my final set of squats is 325. 5 reps would be a PR, 6 would make me a very happy man. I bench press too, and power clean, and try to beat last week's 3 sets of 2 chin-ups with 95 lbs.

    Today's workout was almost 90 minutes straight of hard Jiu Jitsu training with the Competition Team.
    The Champagne of Beards

  2. #5202
    nojoke's Avatar
    nojoke is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    congrats on the PR.

    Tomorrow's my 5/3/1 day and my final set of squats is 325. 5 reps would be a PR, 6 would make me a very happy man. I bench press too, and power clean, and try to beat last week's 3 sets of 2 chin-ups with 95 lbs.

    Today's workout was almost 90 minutes straight of hard Jiu Jitsu training with the Competition Team.
    That 6th rep is a tough cookie to swallow, gotta "really want it" as Jim would say.

    Hats off to you with 90min of rolling. Cant imagine. Good Luck with the squat!

  3. #5203
    Lynna's Avatar
    Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Newark, Delaware USA
    Posts
    1,714
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    Sweet!
    You've inspired me to do this in Denver next February!
    It's in one of my favorite buildings, Republic Plaza!!
    56 floors...uh oh!
    Good luck! The building we were in is the tallest in the city. I have to tell you, it was painful breathing. The stairwell was cold. My legs held up, but my lungs hurt like an SOB. I do have asthma, but it is controlled by medication. I must've coughed for twenty minutes after.

    I sort of tried to train for it using the Life Fitness Summit Trainer. I really don't have access to stairs, except the ones in my house.

    Have to give props to the firefighters who did it in full gear. One of whom did it twice without gear and then once with.
    Last edited by Lynna; 11-11-2013 at 06:05 AM.

  4. #5204
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,445
    Quote Originally Posted by nojoke View Post
    That 6th rep is a tough cookie to swallow, gotta "really want it" as Jim would say.

    Hats off to you with 90min of rolling. Cant imagine. Good Luck with the squat!
    Thanks for the well wishes. Discretion was the better part of valor on the squats. Rep 5 barely went up (still a new PR). An attempt at rep 6 would have been a semi-goodmorninged abomination for the sole benefit of my chiropractor and the ibuprofen conglomerates.
    The Champagne of Beards

  5. #5205
    primal_jessjane's Avatar
    primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    569
    Is it just me, or are the ladies missing in this thread? ;-)

    65x6, 60x7, 55x8 Push Press
    95 x 8 x 3 Barbell Lunge
    3 x 4 Handstand Push-Ups (partial ROM)
    160 x 8 x 3 Barbell Hip Thrust
    30 x 10 x 3 One-Arm DB Row

    Eating MORE (and more carbs) pre and post workout have made a SERIOUS difference in my PRs. My waist is still the same size yet I'm making PRs almost EVERY single workout now!

  6. #5206
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,850
    Leg press, weighted dips, one arm rows, tri pushdowns, preacher curls, stiff leg deadlifts, hanging leg raises, physioball curl ups.

  7. #5207
    gergirl's Avatar
    gergirl Guest
    Is it just me, or are the ladies missing in this thread? ;-)
    Well...
    (Upper body) kettlebell workout+dumbbells for arms

  8. #5208
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,850
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes. Discretion was the better part of valor on the squats. Rep 5 barely went up (still a new PR). An attempt at rep 6 would have been a semi-goodmorninged abomination for the sole benefit of my chiropractor and the ibuprofen conglomerates.
    Hey good on you then (both the discretion and the PR)! Discretion is still something I'm trying to learn. Two weeks in a row I've gone for that one more rep when I knew I shouldn't of, and I'm keeping my buddies in business because of it. I know gains aren't gonna be exactly linear at this point, but still trying damnit...
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-12-2013 at 01:16 PM.

  9. #5209
    OldSchhool's Avatar
    OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Hey good on you then (both the discretion and the PR)! Discretion is still something I'm trying to learn. Two weeks in a row I've gone for that one more rep when I knew I shouldn't of, and I'm keeping my buddies in business because of it. I know gains aren't gonna be exactly linear at this point, but still trying damnit...
    I think that one more rep that you don't quite get might well be the most important rep of the set. Obviously with squats you have to figure in the safety aspect but with a spotter or power rack it should still be fine.

  10. #5210
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,445
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    I think that one more rep that you don't quite get might well be the most important rep of the set. Obviously with squats you have to figure in the safety aspect but with a spotter or power rack it should still be fine.
    Depends on how you fail. If, at the point of failure, you cannot maintain a rigid lumbar spine, an additional rep that would turn into an ugly rounded-back mess of a squat/goodmorning hybrid is not advisable. Ask me how I know.
    The Champagne of Beards

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •