nojoke is offline Member
    warmup
    500m row
    PVC Pipe stretches
    Banded Stretches for shoulders
    10 Pushups
    10 situps
    10 airsquats

Mobility stretches and foam rolling for squats with focus on hips flexors, and hamstrings.

Wendler 5 rep (week 1) day for squat

Warmup Sets
    5  160
    5  200
    3  240

Work Sets
    5  260
    5  300
    5+  340 (went 6 reps new PR)

Conditioning

21-15-9 rep scheme for time
    Burpees
    Pullups
    KB Swings @ 70lbs.

6:38

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nojoke View Post
    5+  340 (went 6 reps new PR)
    congrats on the PR.

Tomorrow's my 5/3/1 day and my final set of squats is 325. 5 reps would be a PR, 6 would make me a very happy man. I bench press too, and power clean, and try to beat last week's 3 sets of 2 chin-ups with 95 lbs.

Today's workout was almost 90 minutes straight of hard Jiu Jitsu training with the Competition Team.
    The Champagne of Beards

nojoke is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    congrats on the PR.

Tomorrow's my 5/3/1 day and my final set of squats is 325. 5 reps would be a PR, 6 would make me a very happy man. I bench press too, and power clean, and try to beat last week's 3 sets of 2 chin-ups with 95 lbs.

Today's workout was almost 90 minutes straight of hard Jiu Jitsu training with the Competition Team.
    That 6th rep is a tough cookie to swallow, gotta "really want it" as Jim would say.

Hats off to you with 90min of rolling. Cant imagine. Good Luck with the squat!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    Sweet!
    You've inspired me to do this in Denver next February!
    It's in one of my favorite buildings, Republic Plaza!!
    56 floors...uh oh!
    Good luck! The building we were in is the tallest in the city. I have to tell you, it was painful breathing. The stairwell was cold. My legs held up, but my lungs hurt like an SOB. I do have asthma, but it is controlled by medication. I must've coughed for twenty minutes after.

I sort of tried to train for it using the Life Fitness Summit Trainer. I really don't have access to stairs, except the ones in my house.

Have to give props to the firefighters who did it in full gear. One of whom did it twice without gear and then once with.
    Last edited by Lynna; 11-11-2013 at 07:05 AM.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nojoke View Post
    That 6th rep is a tough cookie to swallow, gotta "really want it" as Jim would say.

Hats off to you with 90min of rolling. Cant imagine. Good Luck with the squat!
    Thanks for the well wishes. Discretion was the better part of valor on the squats. Rep 5 barely went up (still a new PR). An attempt at rep 6 would have been a semi-goodmorninged abomination for the sole benefit of my chiropractor and the ibuprofen conglomerates.
    The Champagne of Beards

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Is it just me, or are the ladies missing in this thread? ;-)

65x6, 60x7, 55x8 Push Press
    95 x 8 x 3 Barbell Lunge
    3 x 4 Handstand Push-Ups (partial ROM)
    160 x 8 x 3 Barbell Hip Thrust
    30 x 10 x 3 One-Arm DB Row

Eating MORE (and more carbs) pre and post workout have made a SERIOUS difference in my PRs. My waist is still the same size yet I'm making PRs almost EVERY single workout now!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Leg press, weighted dips, one arm rows, tri pushdowns, preacher curls, stiff leg deadlifts, hanging leg raises, physioball curl ups.

gergirl Guest
    Is it just me, or are the ladies missing in this thread? ;-)
    Well...
    (Upper body) kettlebell workout+dumbbells for arms

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes. Discretion was the better part of valor on the squats. Rep 5 barely went up (still a new PR). An attempt at rep 6 would have been a semi-goodmorninged abomination for the sole benefit of my chiropractor and the ibuprofen conglomerates.
    Hey good on you then (both the discretion and the PR)! Discretion is still something I'm trying to learn. Two weeks in a row I've gone for that one more rep when I knew I shouldn't of, and I'm keeping my buddies in business because of it. I know gains aren't gonna be exactly linear at this point, but still trying damnit...
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-12-2013 at 02:16 PM.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Hey good on you then (both the discretion and the PR)! Discretion is still something I'm trying to learn. Two weeks in a row I've gone for that one more rep when I knew I shouldn't of, and I'm keeping my buddies in business because of it. I know gains aren't gonna be exactly linear at this point, but still trying damnit...
    I think that one more rep that you don't quite get might well be the most important rep of the set. Obviously with squats you have to figure in the safety aspect but with a spotter or power rack it should still be fine.