Page 519 of 675 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569619 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 6744

Thread: What is your workout today? page 519

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Squats (3 x 5 x 315), Press (3 x 5 x 150), Power Cleans (5 x 3 x 145), some kind of weighted chin-ups (not there yet, gonna be pretty much smoked by then).

edited: 3 sets of 3 chin-ups with +90 lbs. And that's at the end of my workout. Not sure how these got so much stronger in the several weeks that I haven't trained them seriously, but I'm not complaining. Take that, Neckhammer.
    Hahah...Been a while since I've posted since I was basically doing some different stuff for a while (higher rep stuff with pre-exhaust).... But I'm coming back home!

I consider my home base workout to be lots of weighted chins, weighted dips, and deadlifts all done real heavy (3-6 rep range I like)..... throw a couple other things in, but those are my big three. Anyway, did some drop sets without rest with no real rest time between exercises. My first time doing this in about 2 months was as follow:

Weighted chins drop sets: 90lbs x 2.9 reps (lol...cant call it three... I was a nipple hair away from getting there), 45lbs x 4, BW x 4

Weighted dips: 90lbs x 5, 45lbs x 4, BW x 5

One arm rows: 60 x 8 each side (super slow)

Shoulder press and Leg press machines for same deal with dropsets, but weights don't matter since it was machine work to failure.

This was a killer workout with no breaks and all the dropset work. I actually thought I would puke. Sat on the bench for 10 minutes after the leg press....tried to walk to the locker room and my damn left leg gave out and I had to sit up against the wall for 10 more minutes hyperventilating and legs still quivering. All of those drop sets may have been a little bit much, but I was on vacation last week and didn't work out at all so I was really looking for an intense session.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-22-2013 at 03:01 PM.

gwbbvpd is offline Junior Member
    Warmup: 1 minute flutter kicks, 10 pushups, 10 squats

3 Rounds of:
    One Leg Hip Thrusts 15 (each leg)
    Overhead DB Press 15
    Bulgarian Split Squat 15 (each leg)
    Bodyweight Rows 15

Stretch

OldSchhool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Hahah...Been a while since I've posted since I was basically doing some different stuff for a while (higher rep stuff with pre-exhaust).... But I'm coming back home!

I consider my home base workout to be lots of weighted chins, weighted dips, and deadlifts all done real heavy (3-6 rep range I like)..... throw a couple other things in, but those are my big three. Anyway, did some drop sets without rest with no real rest time between exercises. My first time doing this in about 2 months was as follow:

Weighted chins drop sets: 90lbs x 2.9 reps (lol...cant call it three... I was a nipple hair away from getting there), 45lbs x 4, BW x 4

Weighted dips: 90lbs x 5, 45lbs x 4, BW x 5

One arm rows: 60 x 8 each side (super slow)

Shoulder press and Leg press machines for same deal with dropsets, but weights don't matter since it was machine work to failure.

This was a killer workout with no breaks and all the dropset work. I actually thought I would puke. Sat on the bench for 10 minutes after the leg press....tried to walk to the locker room and my damn left leg gave out and I had to sit up against the wall for 10 more minutes hyperventilating and legs still quivering. All of those drop sets may have been a little bit much, but I was on vacation last week and didn't work out at all so I was really looking for an intense session.
    Looks very close to my workouts buddy.

Deadlifts,Muscleups, Lateral shoulder raises, Pullovers, Curls, Tri Presdowns, Pushups then three rounds of 20/20 HIIT sprints on a bike.

Chest and Tri's:

Flat Bench Dumbbell press ( 50 lb D's ) 2 partial reps in the stretch position followed by one full rep through the whole set- Just 1 set.
    Dips with 58.3 lbs around neck - 5 reps first set, 4 reps second set.
    Push ups ( BW but using intensions) 1 set
    Dips ( 80 lbs on waist ) 5 negative only reps.

Lying French press/CG B press (69 lbs) 3 sets

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    Press
    125x5
    140x3
    157.5x1

Deadlift
    295x5
    330x3
    370x1
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

All done for 5-10 reps to muscle failure:

Leg press, weighted dips (70), leg curls (70), tri press downs (150), preacher curls (70), one arm rows (70), weighted crunch, low back machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    All done for 5-10 reps to muscle failure:

Leg press, weighted dips (70), leg curls (70), tri press downs (150), preacher curls (70), one arm rows (70), weighted crunch, low back machine.
    Are the preacher curls done on a machine or with free weights ?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Are the preacher curls done on a machine or with free weights ?
    Hammer Strength machine.... a couple of those I listed got above my rep zone so I'll be adding some weight next time, and the low back machine I uses SUCKED, so I'm replacing it and the leg curls with some Stiff leg dead lifts from here on out (or may keep the curls in too as i'm kinda quad dominate)
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-01-2013 at 05:44 PM.

slog is offline Member
    Ergo warmup/warmup sets from empty bar up.
    Squat 3X5X135kg
    Bench 3x5x95kg
    Deadlift 1x5x177.5kg
    Chinups 3x8

All going in the right direction, can't wait to get up the next "clean twenties". Am I the only one who does this?