Page 511 of 617 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 6169

Thread: What is your workout today? page 511

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Right now I weigh about 182, I was 187 last week but I'm "steak and eggs'ing" so I dumped some water... I'm 5'9".

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I went slow, I started with light weight, did a few reps, made sure my back was straight. Nothing felt off and my form looked good in the mirror. Plus, I come from a life of labor so I already intrinsically know a lot of what not to do. Still, yeah, I'll be taking it lighter for a bit just to get the perfect feel down, just like the power clean.
    Your form can't be good if you're looking in a mirror! Head down, Knifey. Here's a good primer on deadlift mechanics you might enjoy:

AC Discusses the Deadlift | 70's Big

A different video said head up...I'll check the link out...

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

A different video said head up...I'll check the link out...
    Anyone who advises head up has conclusively proven that they're not entitled to an opinion on the matter.

Random youtube videos, I never know who to trust!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

You can trust the guys at 70's big, Rippetoe and the coaches he's certified, anybody from Westside... Generally people who don't put their advice up for free on YouTube, people who have experience in coaching the sport in which the deadlift is contested (powerlifting), and who have lifted numbers you and I will never approach.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You can trust the guys at 70's big, Rippetoe and the coaches he's certified, anybody from Westside... Generally people who don't put their advice up for free on YouTube, people who have experience in coaching the sport in which the deadlift is contested (powerlifting), and who have lifted numbers you and I will never approach.
    i'd add the diesel crew to that list as well
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Squats:
    Felt strong today. Switched back to high bar squat after trying RIP squat for couple of weeks. My shoulder are not that flexible and the pain of holding the bar low is interfering with the lift itself.

135x10x1
    225x5x1
    270x3x1
    292x3x1
    315x3x2
    Few but ripe.

Did 15 chin-ups straight no chaser, immediately dropped and did 30 push-ups, rested three minutes, held 25 pounds out to each side for about 30 seconds. Got bored, looked around, saw that stupid smith machine and was determined to make it do something useful. Set the smith machine to max weight and wrapped my legs around the bench and pulled that shit down and held it down until my eyes were popping out of my head, went back and did the pushup progression somebody showed me from barstarrz, 1 rep 10 sec, 2 reps, 10 secs, etc. and made it up to ten. Pretty fun for a 13 minute keto workout.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

PrimalCon New York
    Did 15 chin-ups straight no chaser, immediately dropped and did 30 push-ups, rested three minutes, held 25 pounds out to each side for about 30 seconds. Got bored, looked around, saw that stupid smith machine and was determined to make it do something useful. Set the smith machine to max weight and wrapped my legs around the bench and pulled that shit down and held it down until my eyes were popping out of my head, went back and did the pushup progression somebody showed me from barstarrz, 1 rep 10 sec, 2 reps, 10 secs, etc. and made it up to ten. Pretty fun for a 13 minute keto workout.
    I'm confused by this description. Are you sure you mean Smith machine? Do you mean Lat Pull-down machine?