Page 511 of 764 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 7638

Thread: What is your workout today? page 511

  1. #5101
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,859
    Shop Now
    A different video said head up...I'll check the link out...


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  2. #5102
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    A different video said head up...I'll check the link out...
    Anyone who advises head up has conclusively proven that they're not entitled to an opinion on the matter.

  3. #5103
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,859
    Random youtube videos, I never know who to trust!


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  4. #5104
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,263
    You can trust the guys at 70's big, Rippetoe and the coaches he's certified, anybody from Westside... Generally people who don't put their advice up for free on YouTube, people who have experience in coaching the sport in which the deadlift is contested (powerlifting), and who have lifted numbers you and I will never approach.

  5. #5105
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You can trust the guys at 70's big, Rippetoe and the coaches he's certified, anybody from Westside... Generally people who don't put their advice up for free on YouTube, people who have experience in coaching the sport in which the deadlift is contested (powerlifting), and who have lifted numbers you and I will never approach.
    i'd add the diesel crew to that list as well

  6. #5106
    70in2012's Avatar
    70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    398
    Squats:
    Felt strong today. Switched back to high bar squat after trying RIP squat for couple of weeks. My shoulder are not that flexible and the pain of holding the bar low is interfering with the lift itself.

    135x10x1
    225x5x1
    270x3x1
    292x3x1
    315x3x2
    Few but ripe.

  7. #5107
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,859
    Did 15 chin-ups straight no chaser, immediately dropped and did 30 push-ups, rested three minutes, held 25 pounds out to each side for about 30 seconds. Got bored, looked around, saw that stupid smith machine and was determined to make it do something useful. Set the smith machine to max weight and wrapped my legs around the bench and pulled that shit down and held it down until my eyes were popping out of my head, went back and did the pushup progression somebody showed me from barstarrz, 1 rep 10 sec, 2 reps, 10 secs, etc. and made it up to ten. Pretty fun for a 13 minute keto workout.


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  8. #5108
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Did 15 chin-ups straight no chaser, immediately dropped and did 30 push-ups, rested three minutes, held 25 pounds out to each side for about 30 seconds. Got bored, looked around, saw that stupid smith machine and was determined to make it do something useful. Set the smith machine to max weight and wrapped my legs around the bench and pulled that shit down and held it down until my eyes were popping out of my head, went back and did the pushup progression somebody showed me from barstarrz, 1 rep 10 sec, 2 reps, 10 secs, etc. and made it up to ten. Pretty fun for a 13 minute keto workout.
    I'm confused by this description. Are you sure you mean Smith machine? Do you mean Lat Pull-down machine?

  9. #5109
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,859
    I thought it was a smith, somebody called it that, but it definitely could be called a pull-down machine, too.


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  10. #5110
    Kharnath's Avatar
    Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    278
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Random youtube videos, I never know who to trust!
    Trust your instincts and do what feels natural to you. Head up, head down - it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you keep your chest up and your lower back neutral.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •