Page 508 of 616 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 6159

Thread: What is your workout today? page 508

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Leg day... Funny anecdote that most who have been lifting a while can relate to:

I set up my weights for a lift. Get under knowing I'm gonna hit 8 reps. Do doubt... I mean, got it last time for 8 so really shooting for more. Get to 6 and I'm thinking WTF is wrong with me, shit shouldn't be this tough! Alright you (insert negative motivational self talk here) MAN THE F UP!.... So just barely Eek out 8. Get up all pissed off. Hell if I'm getting weaker I may as well be sitting on my couch eating bon bons! Huff puff and general feeling like crap.... then you start to take the weights of. WELL!!! WOOOPS! Apparently addition not my strong suit cause I put on 20lb more weight than I thought. New PR! The clouds part, sun comes out.... I'm freaking He-Man. Damn I'm strong! Ah, the emotional rollercoaster of being a complete numb nutz.

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    5/3/1 OHP day:
    5x37.5kg
    3x42.5kg
    7x47.5kg
    1x50kg
    1x52.5kg with a pause in the top position for as long as I could hold it
    11x37.5kg

Paused bench
    10x45
    10x45
    10x45
    10x45
    15x45

Pendlay Rows:
    10x40
    10x40
    10x40
    10x40
    14x40

Was definitely a good day! I like that I've set my training max a bit low for the OHP, because I feel reasonably sure it'll allow me to go on for longer before I stall again. Will increase the weights in the accesory work next time around, shouldn't have energy to go above the rep-goal in the last set.

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Leg day... Funny anecdote that most who have been lifting a while can relate to:

I set up my weights for a lift. Get under knowing I'm gonna hit 8 reps. Do doubt... I mean, got it last time for 8 so really shooting for more. Get to 6 and I'm thinking WTF is wrong with me, shit shouldn't be this tough! Alright you (insert negative motivational self talk here) MAN THE F UP!.... So just barely Eek out 8. Get up all pissed off. Hell if I'm getting weaker I may as well be sitting on my couch eating bon bons! Huff puff and general feeling like crap.... then you start to take the weights of. WELL!!! WOOOPS! Apparently addition not my strong suit cause I put on 20lb more weight than I thought. New PR! The clouds part, sun comes out.... I'm freaking He-Man. Damn I'm strong! Ah, the emotional rollercoaster of being a complete numb nutz.
    That's awesome mate! I've done that before! Last week I did the opposite, that sucked a bit.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post

Well, congrats on the new PR. Not so much on having to re-learn basic addition skills...

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    TRAINING – SQUAT DAY
    Squat (2x5x65) (3x5x67.5)
    Deadlift: 1x5x105
    Leg Curl: 4x12xWeight 5
    Leg Extension: 4x12x Weight 9
    Leg Press: 4x12x170 - DND
    Hanging Leg Raises: 3x12

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    6-mile easy pace run.

Suburban Forager is offline Junior Member

Looking for Playground Workout Ideas

So I've got the primal eating figured out now and also the move slowly. I'm ready to work on the lift heavy things and LGN. There's a city's park near my work place with a great kids playground that is rarely used. Does anyone have ideas for a primal playground workout? I need inspiration because I've tried a few times on my lunch break but never made it past about ten minutes. I'd like to go for 30 to 45 minutes.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Ten minutes means you're doing it right! Chin-ups, swinging around like a monkey, dips, clapping dips, clapping chin-ups, etc., ten minutes is plenty! I mean, you can rest about three minutes and go back for more only so many times before your muscles start cramping or just won't work anymore, right? Same for sprinting, ten or fifteen minutes is plenty. Save time, keep it intense.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    Standing Overhead Press: 115lbs, 3x5
    Back Squats: 205lbs, 3x5
    Calf Raises: 315lbs, 3x10
    Power Cleans: 125lbs, 3x5
    Bike Intervals: 10 Sets, 40:10 Sprints

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member
    Deload Squat & Overhead Press followed by 8x2 Power Snatches at 95% of my last 1RM (over a year old).
    iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836