Page 480 of 658 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530580 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 6572

Thread: What is your workout today? page 480

beachbound is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    A. HSPU on home-made pvc parallettes - (4x6)

B. Sandbag shouldering - 100 lbs. (4x6)

Rest 120 seconds.

C.1: Ring dips - bodyweight (4x10)
    C.2: Ring pullups - bw (4x5)

Rest 120 seconds

D.1: Wall squat (static holds) - (3x60 seconds)
    D.2: Squat jumps - (3x10)

Finisher: 5-gallon jug swings (didn't do; too exhausted)

===========
    Ring pullups humble me. I can do anywhere from 17-20 pullups on a straight bar, but rings kick my butt. Ring dips, as well, but not as bad.

kansas-klx is online now Member
    1.5 hours cutting the grass with a non self propelling push mower in post-work sunny 96 degree heat.

Doesn't sound like much but this is the everyday stuff a modern Grok has to deal with on a periodic basis. Currently doing a great deal of Mark's PB fitness and working up to the "prime" Primal exercises as time goes by, but cutting the grass like this really makes me feel beat up, even in my improved condition. That which does not destroy me makes me stronger, right?

PRO199 is offline Senior Member
    2-mile walk after dinner
    Follow my progress at ->Journal: My Body Revival

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Dips; handstand work.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Warm-up: squat 135 1x15

Press:
    45 1x10
    112.5 1x6
    123.75 1x3
    135 2x2

Bench:
    135 1x10
    202.5 1x3
    225 2x2
    Few but ripe.

Chinups. After several weeks of working with a pullup assist device, I am starting to make good progress.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Chinups. After several weeks of working with a pullup assist device, I am starting to make good progress.
    Did you use a band or one of the tube-based contraptions? Willing to share any details of how you programmed your progression? I am working with a lady friend and want to get her making progress towards chinning. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Did you use a band or one of the tube-based contraptions? Willing to share any details of how you programmed your progression? I am working with a lady friend and want to get her making progress towards chinning. Thanks.
    First, some history:
    Previously I have done a lot of different exercises. I did negatives but totally overtrained on them. I did a lot of what I call "partial chinups", where I stacked 1-1/2" blocks under the bar and worked to raise myself from each level. I eventually got myself to the point where I could raise myself off the floor and all the way to the bar. But to allow myself to sag down to a full hang and then pull up from there, about 3" more, was absolutely impossible. I was able to pull up a few inches from my lowest point, but I never really improved at that.

I got the Perfect Pullup Assist package at Walmart. They also have it at amazon. It has 3 resistance tubes that total about ~50 pounds of resistance. It has a clip at one end to clip the strap onto the bar, a loop to put your foot in at the bottom, and a strap length adjustment. I step my foot into the loop, lower my foot to the floor, let my body hang, and raise my foot so it is no longer touching the floor.

When I first got it I was able to use it to do 3 chinups once, pulling my shoulders up to where they touched the parallel grips. I am now doing 2 sets of 7, then more sets of fewer. After I do what I consider my workout, later in the day I do some more now and then. My goal is to reach 10 sets of 10, then remove one assistance tube.

I was relatively strong when I started, but clearly not on this exercise. My weight is around 142 right now. I'm pretty lean, but I could lose maybe 15 more pounds. I'd be cut if I did.

I can't do pullups using it. I would need more resistance, and it only comes in one size. I am satisfied to work on the chinups right now. When I get to the point where I am able to do them without using it, I will probably be able to use it to master pullups. If not, I can just buy another and use one for my left foot and one for the right.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Cool. Thanks for the info!

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    45 minutes of lap swimming. First time this year. Not the last.