Thread: What is your workout today? page 470

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    2 yards of wet compost shoveling.
    4 hours of yard cleanup.
    more digging.

Erik W is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    The ultimate measure of success. Do you do 500 pushups over a 3-day period, or all 500 on one day, then skip two?
    Five hundred in one day; it takes less than an hour, I do it in front of the TV so I won't get bored.

I can't do pushups every day, I have a bad muscle in my chest, must have hurt it at some point long ago. It never heals fully. If I do pushups too often it starts aching all the time, and then I can't do pushups for about six weeks - this happened twice. (This is really annoying. A reminder to everyone: be very careful so you don't damage a muscle! It could stay damaged forever.)

I used to put my feet on the couch to make the pushups more difficult, but I stopped doing that two months ago. It doesn't make the pushups that much more difficult. And keeping my feet on the ground makes me tense my body much more to keep straight while doing the pushups, which is better. It should work on all those little muscles that help keep you upright, right?

One big motivator is that I used to have a bad back, probably from sitting too much while working. That has completely disappeared, due to a lot of walking, and also pushups I imagine. Situps are a more recent addition, but it's never too late to start.

I got bored doing the same thing over and over though for more than two years, five hundred pushups every three days, so I cut down to four hundred this spring to get it over with faster. Before that, I found that I was skipping too many times. But now I have instead increased the pushups to six hundred the last few times. And that makes me more enthusiastic. Going from four hundred to six hundred is a fifty percent increase, perhaps it will show after a while. (Five weeks?) Variation is always good.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Today: Power cleans 5 x 3, Squats 5 x 5, Press 5 x 5, weighted chin-ups.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    yesterday

5 minutes rowing machine

goblet squats w/15 lb kettlebell except last set 18 lb kettlebell
    deadlifts
    australian pullups
    incline pushups
    lat pulldown
    seated row
    farmer's walk 18 lbs in each hand

ended with 10 more minutes rowing.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    5.1 easy miles in 35 minutes on the elliptical cuz I feel like shit - but needed to do something.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Open mat BJJ- 75-90 minutes of live training with minimal rest.

deadlifts, compound rows, shoulder press

1 set

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    deadlifts, compound rows, shoulder press

1 set

One set to failure - both concentric and eccentric I suppose? - oh wait, you can't do that on deadlifts, and a bit dangerous on rows also? Not typical HIT what you are doing Neckhammer?

Catrin is online now Senior Member
    Not much time today, so I decided on a sled mile after warming up. A bit over 200 meters per lap, 7 laps total. Dragging the sled in harness, not pushing it. First lap was 25 lbs, went up 25 pounds each lap - after the 100 lb lap started working my way back down the weight ladder.

That was enough for one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post

One set to failure - both concentric and eccentric I suppose? - oh wait, you can't do that on deadlifts, and a bit dangerous on rows also? Not typical HIT what you are doing Neckhammer?

Well 5 warmup sets for 1 working deadlift set.... did 4 reps and could not get fifth. Actually didn't even attempt fifth, so you are correct... not typical HIT.

The other two were done with machines so yes, done to failure like HIT usually is.

I'm currently doing 2 workouts/week. With one multi-set compound barbell lift and 2-3 other lifts done to failure (today was machines, but I've done weighted chins and weighted dips to concentric failure with one drop set to BW to concentric failure).

Just doing my own thing...
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 05-03-2013 at 12:18 PM.