Page 456 of 616 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506556 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 6156

Thread: What is your workout today? page 456

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    I haven't exactly decided, but I think I'm either swimming or I'll do a 20-minute lower-body bodyweight session in my living room while watching TV.
    You can swim while watching TV in your living room??!! You must have a damn nice house!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    I just bought a new Trek Mtn Bike over the weekend! I am enjoying riding it all around on local trails & tackling big hills. Am outfitting it w/ my own customization gear, which I've done for all my other bikes (this is my 3rd, yes I know...) Just got a cool training book, The Power Meter Handbook (for cyclists) & website Free Training Log, Training Plans and Food Diary | TrainingPeaks, to prepare myself for my 6 week Alaska-Canada-Calif Bike Tour this June & July, in which I'll fly one way to Glacier National Park (Gustavus is the town), then bike, & take the occasional ferry boat south til I get back home to NorCal. Am riding almost daily for local commutes & after-work sprints & tackling local hills too, gotta get IN SHAPE for this Alaska trip in 100 days. Still doing my pre-breakfast walks 5-6 mornings a week + Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri weightlifting & floor exercises.
    Last edited by Betorq; 02-26-2013 at 01:33 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My goal is to do 100 pushups by my birthday in May. I have set up mini-workouts during the day to try to fool my body into thinking I am an active person, rather than a sedentary person who works out. So I do a little workout each hour on the hour.

6:00 am: 22 pushups, 1 chinup/hang, 3 empty bar squats, 30 jumping jacks, stretch
    7:00 am: 18 pushups, 1 chinup/hang, 3 empty bar squats, 30 jumping jacks, stretch
    8:00 am: 16 pushups, 1 chinup/hang, 3 empty bar squats, 30 jumping jacks, stretch

So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonbird03 View Post
    pls help me i want to make good muscles so pls how can i make my muscles...
    Strenuous exercise.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 02-26-2013 at 05:29 AM.

warrdogg is offline Member
    Burpee ladder. Starting with 10 then 9 then 8... Set a new record time for myself today. I am building up to starting rep of 20 instead of 10.

BW exercises for 25 mins followed by a nice walk for +1 hour in the sun. Glad to get outside during this long winter and enjoy the spectacular weather.

I have a pull-up bar set so I can reach up to it while standing flat on the floor in my bare feet.

I had been working on chin-ups by chinning up as high as I can, then holding, followed by pulling up from a progressive series of platforms beyond floor level, created by stacking a series of eight 2x10" blocks. Today I found I am now able to do a full chin-up from every height except standing on the floor. They felt almost easy, but now I am sore. Perhaps I will be able to do that last little bit to reach my goal in the next workout.

Then: pull-ups!

Bench press and dead lift, neither of which I have done for 3 weeks. Improved on both.

Hike in the wilderness for 1:30 mins for 8 km.

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    Did 30 pushups to failure, 12 pullups to failure on a machine that I stand on to compensate for part of my weight (at the exercise facility at work which is a luxury), 16 squats to failure on Smith machine with 50 lbs, and standard plank to failure 1:17, then side planks to failure at 52 seconds each side. Just read an article on the Forum about the efficiency of doing exercise to failure, one set, once to twice a week, and am giving it a shot. Feel pretty uh relaxed right now! Getting ready to stir fry some Bok Choy.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    17km xc ski in the woods