Page 42 of 728 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your workout today? page 42

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    @Stabby, outdoor workouts always kick my ass harder too!
    @Godzilla, that a joke? ;-)

Today... Hour-long hike up a mountain, and another two hours shopping. I got a new backpack. :-) In black corduroy... Classy!

Started2k3 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG View Post
    WOW Started2k3 every workout is upper body and shoulders get worked at least 3 times a week!! you cant do a bodybuilding routine like this and expect to recover properly. 4 sets, 5 - 6 exercises and then same muscle group the same day is textbook overtraining. unles you are working like 50% intensity in which case there is no point in lifting weights...
    Actually, I am not doing a bodybuilding routine ... I am just lifting weights ... since I workout alone at home, so I can't go to my actual max (no spotter and I don't want to die). When I do have a spotter, the weight increases a lot and adjust the rest days accordingly. I have been doing this for about a year (started with 2on-1rest-3on-1rest day pattern but I found that life/work/kids/etc got in the way of the 'on' days which bumped rest days), and I have not noticed any muscle or joint issues which are always my primary concern (injuries suck). The increases in the lbs are not as dramatic as a powerlifting or bodybuilding routine, but they do come but at a slower pace. AntonG, thank you for your concern, and I will update if anything changes.
    C.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    6 hours of hiking in the forest
    Weightlifting at the gym this evening... upper body routine (8* sets each of: bench press, military press, curls, skull crushers, some other random freeweight exercises that probably have names that I don't know)

*includes 2 warmup sets at a lower weight ... the other 6 sets are done at whatever weight I can do 5-8 reps at)
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

gini is offline Senior Member
    Thursday: 90 minutes of hot power vinyasa yoga.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    5.14 km run in my Vibram Sprints (I usually don't do chronic cardio anymore, but I'm running a 5k on Sunday and needed to train in my Vibrams), followed by 2 sets of 30 two-hand kettlebell swings, 3 sets of 10 tricep dips, 2 sets of 10 pushups, 50 bicycle crunches, 5 assisted pullups and 5 assisted chinups (one foot on washing machine as I pull myself up on the basement plumbing pipes).

The kettlebell swings were an attempt to do the 3x100 + TGUs challenge posted recently (I usually do kettlebell intervals), but I could only make it to 30 swings on a 20-lb bell before my form started to crap out. So now my challenge is to work up to 100 swings. Goals are good.

Possibly 60-minute hot yoga class tonight, have to see how much work I get done today.

I was short on time today, so i did a quick circuit of tire flips, sprints, and pushups. 10 rounds with no rest in between.

Vick is offline Senior Member
    cut the lawn

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    @Vick, how long does that take you man? :-P

Love the quickies... 40sec work/10sec rest
    Dynamic Squat (touch ground and reach high)
    Sumo PushUp (lift one arm and turn to side after each push-up, alternating arms)
    One-Leg Bridge (left then right)
    One-Leg Burpee (left then right)
    Prisoner Get-up
    Tricep Leg Lifts (brutal...)
    Repeat 3x = 20min. of HIIT!

My reps averaged about the same as Zuzanna's. Sweet! I kick ass!! Hahaha

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    60 minutes walking in the sun and 30 minutes casual bike ride.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    10 hours of working retail (I believe that counts for long slow walking.)

and a 30 minute workout of high rep/low weight lifting w/ 10lb dumbbells (makes me realize how much more I enjoy heavy lifting...probably won't be doing that again)
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.