Page 411 of 661 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 6607

Thread: What is your workout today? page 411

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would do lower body 3x a week... Say, Monday would be 3x5-8 heavy squats, followed by 2-4 lower body exercises with a higher rep range. Yep, just about killed me, but I did grow some considerable mass.

http://crossfitatlanta.typepad.com/C...kill_Stand.pdf FUN!!!! New goals. I've been going back and forth with programming (after being on Wendler for over a year,) and I get too caught up in the little details of things. I think I will go back to basics and just go by "feel"... I made some pretty good gains through intuition as well.

Today:
    Sprinting like a wild woman through the streets of Maine! Including lots of hills, leaping on and off rocks, lots of pivoting.
    +
    20#x8x3 single-arm DB clean and press
    25#x15x3 single-arm DB snatch
    2x20 V-ups
    3x12 knees to elbows, seated
    3x30s "glute" plank (tuck the tailbone)
    2x50 donkey kicks, + 10sec isohold (insanity)
    1x100 bridges, including single-leg and 30sec isohold (even more insanity)

Insanity can be fun in moderation, no? ;-)

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    5/3/1 Press
    75 dips
    50 chins
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    1.5 mile jog
    10x 20 sec sprints, 20 sec recovery

Hand release push ups
    Squats
    Kb swings

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    10 pull ups
    15 bavarian squats (each leg)
    50 push ups
    90 second plank
    30 second side plank

repeat same thing, only with 10 chin ups this time

30 burpees (fuck burpees)

about 6 hours of yard work

I'm exhausted and hurt all over right now

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Squat, Bench, Weighted Pull Ups, Shoulder Press, Rows.......all one set to failure. Been two weeks since my last session so of course I was stronger and increased the weights for most of these. Trying to keep TUL between 60-90 seconds and did quite well. Didn't add weight to the Pull ups but did eak out an extra 20 seconds TUL (thats one full rep). I'm good for at least a week .

Walked the dog for 3 miles right after. Still havent eaten (17 or so hours)....probably will just extend it to dinner.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Betorq, I've read that doing chin-ups to failure is not reccomended but doing them as much as possible through the week is a pretty good way to gain reps. No? I actually got up to 13 chin-ups at one point in my life, which is when I was focusing on them A LOT and did them almost everyday in various forms.. slow, fast, high reps, low reps, ladders. It's unfortunate that it's hard to be super awesome in ALL areas of fitness... For instance, now my chin-ups suck but my back squat has really skyrocketed. Give and take, I guess. ;-)

I still don't know how you guys think fasting feels good. It screws me all up. I'm wondering if it's because I'm a female. Even when I was at my best and feeling awesome, I might fast for 16-18hrs but not everyday, and even that would be a little obnoxious. I love eating as soon as I wake up!

Very sore from those new exercises yesterday, and not super motivated to do anything. Went for a ~45min bikeride for about 7-8ish miles. Perhaps going for a 1-2hr walk with a friend later. Salmon for lunch in a light maple syrup glaze, can't get any better! ;-)

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    Just got back from the gym..Fast walked on treadmill at 7 incline and 4 speed..325 calories burned and walked 2.42 miles..Then went and did 15 pull ups and 50 crunches...weekend is my off days so i go very light and dont touch any weights
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Betorq, I've read that doing chin-ups to failure is not reccomended but doing them as much as possible through the week is a pretty good way to gain reps. No? .....
    I'm not Betorq, but since I do chins till failure I thought I might give this a crack. I only do ONE workout a week were all my lifts are to complete failure and find it is the best way to stimulate the muscles to gain strength. The rest of my work (if i do any) is not till failure and would usually consist of higher reps and body weight work.

The only problem with going to failure with pullups....or anything for that matter is break in form. You have to slow the rep down and be sure to keep the stress on the muscles involved and resist the urge to squirm or kip to get just one more rep. If you get a half rep...cant move further....but squeeze as hard as you can for 5-10 extra seconds to try.....that is failure and the set is done. No leg swinging or squirming.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    walked 3 miles in my 30lb vest. going for a swim now
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bennettc View Post
    walked 3 miles in my 30lb vest. Going for a swim now