Page 396 of 678 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 6775

Thread: What is your workout today? page 396

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Bench press 145#, 10x3
    Squats 150# 1x20
    Handstand pushups on dumbbells 4,3,2
    90 minutes Gracie (Brazilian) Jiu Jitsu class (60 minutes instruction/drilling, 30 rolling)
    Brazilian Churrascaria for dinner. Sleeping in tonight. This is a good day!

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    This evening, going for endurance. As many two-handed swings as I can, in one set, with the 12kg kettlebell.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    Surfed for 3+ hours and now headed out on the beach cruiser!
    Male 40 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalChat View Post
    What is your favorite workout - or one that is non-traditional perhaps? Just shopping for ideas, so I'm looking forward to what anyone has to add.
    I like boxing, swimming, and bodyweight movements on gymnasts rings.
    Tonight is a home based boxing workout. All rounds are 3 minutes long, with 30 seconds rest in between.
    Warmup with joint rotation work, then;
    3 rounds on the speedbag.
    3 rounds of shadowboxing.
    12 rounds of various combinations on the heavybag, with emphasis on proper form, technique, and footwork.
    3 freestyle rounds. Visualize someone trying to hit me with various punches. Slip, duck, and counter-punch. Practice body shots and infighting.
    Finish up with leg raise, then plank. 1 round each.
    Stretch.
    Shower.
    Eat big.

Invictus14 is offline Member
    400 m Run
    40 Dead Lift (135#)
    300 m Run
    30 Hang Power Cleans (95#)
    200 m Run
    20 Chest Slap Push Ups (Like clapping push-ups)
    100 Squats
    10 Pull Ups

13-14 minutes
    "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Walked the dog 2.2 miles

Active Rest Day - Started off with 3x10 of a bunch of isolation exercises (curls triceps, shoulder raises, pec dec, leg extensions, leg curls, upright rows), just to get blood flowing. Next 30 minutes of combo cardio (ellyptical, rowing machine). Finally, three games of 21 with my son. Pretty decent active rest day.
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    PRESENT DAY - Northern NJ, USA: Patrick (that's me), a 27-year old man, goes to the high school in his town to run some sprints. He doesn't pay ridiculous NJ property taxes for nothing. He warms up by walking two laps around the track, doing some dynamic stretching as he goes. Then he walks onto the football field, and does a couple light 50-yard jogs.

20,000 YEARS AGO - Western Europe: Grok, a 27-year old man, heads out to hunt. He walks along a game trail, keeping his eyes open for any tracks or signs of prey. He walks about a half-mile when he hears some rustling in the bushes nearby. He notices wild boar tracks on the ground. Slowly, he stalks towards the bushes, careful not to startle his prey.

Patrick finishes his warm ups, then does fourteen 50-yard sprints, taking 15-30 seconds between each sprint to catch his breath. 14 is a new PR for him since he added sprints to his routine.

Grok spots the boar, and stalks closer to it. He's almost within striking range, but just then the boar notices him and takes off. Dinner's getting away. Grok explodes forward - his family isn't going hungry tonight. He sprints after the boar, and starts to close in on it. He raises his spear to deliver the killing blow-

Patrick noticed when he walked onto the field that somebody (probably the football team) left a tractor tire on the field. He decides to do a little impromptu tire-flipping. He flips it 20 yards down, then 20 yards back, and calls it a day. He walks another two laps around the track to cool down, then goes home.

Grok hoists the freshly-killed boar over his shoulders, and begins walking back home. On the trail, he comes upon a large rock in his path. It's big, but he can probably move it. He sets the boar down, goes over to the rock, and flips it end over end until his path is clear. He pick up the boar again, and continues on his way. He hopes his wife found some eggs for breakfast...

Patrick gets home, and has scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Grok gets home, and has scrambled eggs and fresh pork belly for breakfast.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Forced myself to sleep in some this morning. Then did some heavy lifting this morning in the gym w/ free weights & kettles for about 20 minutes. Then had big honkin' breakfast.

Dug out a 4'x14' pit (compacted red clay, with big rocks in it), carried the lumber down some stairs & built a raised bed, hauled 14 bags of compost, manure, organic soil down a hill to the garden site, hauled the garden cart down the 2 flights of stairs to get to the site. Worked for about 3 hours in the sun doing all this mid-day.

Swam 10 fast laps this afternoon instead of my normal 16, was feeling that 10 was the right amount. A bit sore, but will go to bed early tonite & if sore in the morning, will take an epson salts bath.

Finishing the garden & planting everything for the autumn garden tomorrow.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Ran 1/2 mile
    4 up the hill sprints
    Walked 6 miles

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Dug out a 4'x14' pit (compacted red clay, with big rocks in it), carried the lumber down some stairs & built a raised bed, hauled 14 bags of compost, manure, organic soil down a hill to the garden site, hauled the garden cart down the 2 flights of stairs to get to the site. Worked for about 3 hours in the sun doing all this mid-day.
    I think doing stuff like this is just as good as any gym workout.
    I try to look at the chores that I do at the house as an opportunity for a workout rather than a necessary evil.
    Doing something good for yourself, and your surroundings.
    Can't beat that.