Three Rounds:
    Push Ups x 20
    Vee Ups x 20
    Close Grip Pull Ups x 10
    Jump Rope x 50
    Kettlebell Snatches x 10 each side
    Medicine Ball Slams x 10
    Ice Skater Jumps x 10 each side.

Wanted to go five rounds, but started getting pretty fatigued and didn't want to reinjure the back. Active rest tomorrow.
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Slow jog walk jog doing Couch 2 five km program 90 secs running 2mins walking did this for 40mins until the calf muscle went ping. Oh well back to resting and icing it......
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Walked the dog 2.5 miles

Two mile treadmill run - 15:10

Invictus14 is offline Member
    3 x 5 min AMRAPs with 2 min breaks in between
    AMRAP 1
    3 x Hand Stand Push Ups
    6 x Sumo Deadlift High Puls (75#)
    AMRAP 2
    4 x Thruster (75#)
    8 x Pull Ups
    AMRAP 3
    5 x KB Swing (70#)
    10 x Med Ball Slams (20#)

Made a total of 22 rounds when time was up.
    "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone heard of the HughesFIT Blast Training? A friend of mine found this book, I wanted a change so I did one of the leg workouts. I can honestly say I have not had a workout like this in a long time. What a great changeup.

Barbell Squats: Increasing weight with each set: 135-20, 145-15, 155-12, 165-10, 175-10, 185-10, 195-10
    Dumbbell Lunges: Done 15 reps each leg for a total of 3 sets: 30-15, 20-15, 20-15
    Leg Extensions: Increasing weight each set, hold each rep and squeeze at top: 15, 12, 12
    Laying down Leg Curls: Increasing weight each set, work the negative: 15,12,12
    Leg Press: Use moderate weight, take as many sets as possible to complete 75 total reps: 32, 30, 16

I added:
    Standing Calf raises - 2 sets
    Sitting calf raises - 2 sets
    6 sets Crunches (4 Machines, 2 Rope Pull Down)
    4 sets of pull-ups (2 shoulder width, wide, close)

I can't sit down at my desk at work....legs shaking

Walked the dog 2.5 miles

Deadlift 10-10-10
    Dumbell Rows 3x10 each side
    Bench Press 5x2
    Pull Ups 3x10
    Dips 3x10

Lower Back felt really good. Will take a day off from barbell work before attempting light oly lifting.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    So I actually have a question but don't want to start a new thread so thought I'd post in here, hoping someone can help me out?

I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle, uni student & desk job. I walk to uni which adds up to 2.5hrs walking per week, but other than that I have to rely on the gym for activity. (Can't walk to work cause it's literally 17km / 11miles each way & anyway my timetable wouldnt allow it because I start work shortly after finishing uni :P)

I go to the gym 2-4 times a week, lately it's usually 4 times. My weekly routine is normally something like:

Sunday (leg day):
    50 mins cardio (150bpm or lower ~75% max heart rate)
    Leg press (3 sets of 3x12)
    Calf raise (3 sets of 2x20)
    Leg extension (3 sets of 3x12)
    Leg curl (3 sets of 3x12)

Tuesday (Arm/chest day):
    50 mins cardio (150bpm or lower ~75% max heart rate)
    Bicep curl (4 sets of 3x15)
    Lateral raises (2 sets of 2x12) (only because I'm so shit at them and literally can't do any more lol)
    Chest press (3 sets of 3x12)
    Tricep cable pull down (3 sets of 3x12)

Thursday:
    1 hour cardio (150bpm or lower ~75% max heart rate)

Friday:
    1 hour cardio (150bpm or lower ~75% max heart rate)

In the future I plan on having a stomach/back day but not for another 10-20lb lost or so.

Basically, all of my exercises involve dumbbells or machines. This is because of a few things, and won't be changing for the next wee while, but in the future I plan on doing body-only stuff like what Mark suggests.

My question/s is/are sort of vague, but am I doing too much cardio? I don't want to go to the gym more than 4 times a week. I feel like the cardio is necessary though because my basal metabolic rate isn't that high and with my sedentary lifestyle it's hard to burn calories any other way. I'm trying to make exercise more of my lifestyle e.g. asking friends to go for walks in the weekend etc but I'm basically at the maximum point for what I can incorporate into my daily life.
    Secondly, the resistance exercises I'm doing... are they good for women? Lol I feel like that's a stupid question but honestly I get overwhelmed when I google various exercises and really don't know what ones would suit someone like me. I have picked these ones based on ease of technique because I'm not exactly a graceful swan and barbells and other more complicated things tend to leave me sore in not a good way.

If anyone can offer some advice that'd be great. Keep in mind I'm a beginner and a female so honestly don't try and explain anything overly complicated because I'm too shy in a male-dominated gym to try anything fancy any way, as lame as that sounds. I am pondering having a PT session once a week mainly for technique and motivation, does that seem like a good idea?
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Leaving tomorrow for a 65 mile four-day hike through Central Oregon (McKenzie Pass to Timothy Lake, if you know it). Goat Rocks wilderness in Washington was my original plan but apparently it's all under snow still.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    So I actually have a question but don't want to start a new thread so thought I'd post in here, hoping someone can help me out? I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle, uni student & desk job. I walk to uni which adds up to 2.5hrs walking per week, but other than that I have to rely on the gym for activity. (Can't walk to work cause it's literally 17km / 11miles each way & anyway my timetable wouldnt allow it because I start work shortly after finishing uni :P)
    In the future I plan on having a stomach/back day but not for another 10-20lb lost or so.
    Basically, all of my exercises involve dumbbells or machines. This is because of a few things, and won't be changing for the next wee while, but in the future I plan on doing body-only stuff like what Mark suggests.
    My question/s is/are sort of vague, but am I doing too much cardio? I don't want to go to the gym more than 4 times a week. I feel like the cardio is necessary though because my basal metabolic rate isn't that high and with my sedentary lifestyle it's hard to burn calories any other way. I'm trying to make exercise more of my lifestyle e.g. asking friends to go for walks in the weekend etc but I'm basically at the maximum point for what I can incorporate into my daily life.
    Secondly, the resistance exercises I'm doing... are they good for women? Lol I feel like that's a stupid question but honestly I get overwhelmed when I google various exercises and really don't know what ones would suit someone like me. I have picked these ones based on ease of technique because I'm not exactly a graceful swan and barbells and other more complicated things tend to leave me sore in not a good way. If anyone can offer some advice that'd be great. Keep in mind I'm a beginner and a female so honestly don't try and explain anything overly complicated because I'm too shy in a male-dominated gym to try anything fancy any way, as lame as that sounds. I am pondering having a PT session once a week mainly for technique and motivation, does that seem like a good idea?
    Yes, yes &...yes. PT once a week for at least 2-3 weeks possibly more, might be just the thing to sort you out....
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Three Part Cardio:
    Walked the dog 2 mile
    Straight Ellyptical (elevation 10, resistance 5, s/m 210) 20:00
    Treadmill Run - 20:00 (2.54 miles)