Page 39 of 695 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your workout today? page 39

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Heavy benching followed by some light cardio on the exercise bike wearing multiple layers - I need to sweat off some pounds to make my deadline. I look forward to the day when I'm not rush, rush, rushing to lose weight.

I hit the 75 pounds lost mark today, 75.1 pounds actually.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Did my first round of Tabata sprints today. Fairly kicked my ass!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Washed husband's vehicle for his birthday + 1.5 hrs adult fun + chasing around a 5 year old this evening+ possibly walking around with SIL (most likely no more than a mile.)

elle is offline Junior Member
    30 or so minutes of playtime with my husband! Kettlebell clean & press, kb swings, rope waves, Grok crawls, pushups, pullups (for Tim), hula hoop (for me). Then watched the Escape from Alcatraz coverage on TV while we cooled down.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    I did an hour long heavy lifting session 6-8 rep failure (mostly biceps, shoulders, triceps, and various lunges and squats - all with pairs of 15-40lb dumbells depending on the move) earlier today...now off for 4 mile walk. (might make the 3rd mile a jog, we'll see)
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    last night: did about 1/2 hour of beach/shallow water sprints (second impromptu sprinting session of the day) and I'm feeling those this morning in the calves. Let me tell you I slept like a baby though! I foresee lots of these kinds of sprints in my future. My son and dog participated as well.

this morning: body by science inspired weighted chin-ups, convict conditioning, and shovelglove.
    I grok, therefore I am.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Hmm gonna go for some BJJ training with my brother at my gym, and will probably turn up 30 min early to do some chinups, some form of rows and a short KB routine

Autumn is offline Member
    A 4 mile walk on bare feet in off road terrain (overgrown wood, gravel roads, and grass). I looked at flowers and pretty rocks just so I had an excuse to squat all the time. Getting much better – I can almost keep my balance now when squatting, but not on a flat foot. That’s what you get for living your life on a chair! This walk I do almost every day.

When my son comes home from school we’re gonna go play ball – train his hand-eye coordination.

As a general training that I do when ever the time or place presents it self is to get down on hands and feet and move about without having to put my knees on the ground. Kinda like a monkey crawl except my hind legs are a lot longer, so I try to keep my abdomen parallel to the floor. I bet I look absolutely ridicules, but from there to squatting and moving about on the ground, I discovered that there are tremendously untrained and ill used muscles everywhere in my shoulders, knees, ankles, hips, lower back, chest and I could go on with this list. This “Grok-crawl” as I call it, challenges my mobility, flexibility and strength in a way I have never thought possible.

Autumn

gini is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokaman70 View Post
    I hit the 75 pounds lost mark today, 75.1 pounds actually.
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Washed husband's vehicle for his birthday + 1.5 hrs adult fun + chasing around a 5 year old this evening+ possibly walking around with SIL (most likely no more than a mile.)
    I enjoy whatever 1.5 hours of adult fun means.

I haven't worked out since last Wednesday. But tonight, I shall go climbing for 3 hours.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    + 1.5 hrs adult fun
    Hmm...wonder what that entails! Nothing more primal than some adult fun. But did you 'work out' in a fasted state? :P
    I grok, therefore I am.