Page 268 of 695 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6945

Thread: What is your workout today? page 268

BR1986FB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    60 minutes of Walking 10.0 incline 3.0 mph

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Jaessjane, lifting barefoot/socks or in special lifting footware is actually prefereable to the running/cross-training shoes because you do not over-balance. One of the gym monitors is sticky about footware, but normally I try to unshoe at least for the heaviest set, it really helps. It makes most difference on a sqt for me, I can really feel that I am not 'tipping over'.

Leida, so... Your goals are mostly aesthetic? I think you really ought to slow it down and take your time, that sort of stuff will develop. :-) (Just FYI, doing every sort of push-up possible until failure helped to develop my delts.) I don't know how you can handle all that workload! You don't count calories too, do you? And I'm SURE you do not look like a weed growing out of a tree stump. We are our worst critics. ;-) Here ya on the sleep -- I came home and took a nap after a (short!) day of school, and then I was in BEAST MODE for training. I actually did SUPER good today with my squats and I was giddy as hell, running around the gym and doing handstands. I suppose fasted training would work if you're getting plenty of sleep without stress, but I just can't handle it most days. I feel much better if I've had at least 500 calories or so an hour or so before training. Did you say you abandoned that or no? Protein bars are good if they are LARA BARS! My roommate ate mine yesterday. PISSED! She owes me. ;-)
    I am so glad you had a great training!!! Way to go!!!

Well, my goals are aestetic, but after so many years of working out, and I had done it all, from swimming 2 hrs 6 days a week as a pre-teen, to Buns of Steel and Kathy Smith onward as a weight-concious adult, the only thing that puts visible muscule on the UB for my narrow-shouldered-wide hipped very feminine figure are very heavy weights. Even though I was using medium weights with my classic interval/dumbell training (i.e. up to 15 lbs and doubling dumbells for things like rows or chest flies) I only started seeing some muscule when I started lifting, and I can't just keep squatting at 120 or benching at 80 - I need to push numbers higher to continue seeing the increase. So, while I do body weight excersises like pull-ups and push-ups, doing them to failure does not result in improvements. My goal is to keep my training right at the edge of what my body can do without producing overtraining. It is not that much if you consider that I sit on the bus and at work, sleep and stand while cooking for the good 22 + hours out of the day (unless I am lucky and have time for a longer walk or gardening, which is rare).

Madcow is my program of choice, because it (hopefully) grinds numbers up with every cycle, and I prefer less but longer sessions at the gym, and want the ability to have a KB workout in addition to lifting to do explosive movements.

I still do fasted training, but there is a difference between fasted and starved training. Starved is a no-no! I do not count calories, but I do take inches from time to time amnd weigh weekly, and try to keep the weight on maintenance, unless I see that miracle that had never happened to me, when the weight goes up, and inches go down/stay the same. Then I will do a happy dance and keep the weight increase.

It wasn't a Luna bar, but even if it was, I am excluding dairy, and prefer not to eat anything that I haven't cooked myself

Anyway, lack of sleep caught up with me + my husband asked me to pick up some milk, so I had to skip Super-Star Bootie.

And, it was raining too hard to walk to the bus Hopefully it abaits by noon-hour, so I can go for a longer walk at lunch, and I will do bike HIIT after work. And stretch. A meh day....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

kungfumike is offline Senior Member
    I might walk to the park and throw my waxwood staff like a spear and swing/toss it for a while.

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Walked the dog 2 miles

Yoga - 90:00

Going to hit kenpo for 60:00 this evening.
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Inverted rows on TRX 3x8
    Pistol squats using TRX 3x8

750 m row
    30 kb swings with 35 bell
    800 m run
    400 jump ropes
    20 mins. UGH. The jumping rope needs to get better.

Then worked on some chin ups and dips.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Leida, you don't gotta tell me about barefoot training, I'm on my second pair of Vibrams!! ;-) The rest of the time I am barefoot. Hell, I even wore my Vibrams with a skirt the other day. Not really the most fashionable choice of footware but perhaps I can be a trendsetter. ;-)

I used to love the Buns/Abs of Steel tapes! That's how I got started in fitness as well, about 5 years ago when I was 15. I also did a LOAD of cardio (I asked for a stationary bike for my 16th birthday and literally destroyed it with all the use!) So... Are you still trying to get down to 15% BF? Are you sure that's even healthy for somebody with your frame? I feel like when I focus too much on getting lean, exercise and food begins to lose its enjoyment and I feel like I'm almost punishing myself... And for what, really? I've got a man that apparently loves me naked, and I'm so proud of how far I've gotten through all my exercise and diet that I can now fully appreciate my body as well. I also realized that even if I did get super lean, I probably wouldn't be any more happier OR it'd be such a pain in the ass to maintain it. Even trying to do the 16/8 fast/feed can be a hassle to follow, since sometimes I inevitably get hungry during the "fast" period and feel like I'm depriving myself when I shouldn't be. Literally, I will wake up at 1, 4, or 6am starving! Very obnoxious! Anyway - these are just my thoughts obviously, and you do what you need to do to make yourself happy. :-) I'm starting to realize I'd rather be strong, healthy and have tons of energy rather than being very lean (15%... I'm about 17-18% now) but having to eat less/more strict. I upped my calories a bit this week and stopped fasting for the most part (I do "protein fasts", where I'll eat about 90-100g of protein before 2pm and then the rest of the day will just be fat/vegetables/tubers), but I have way more energy and vigor in my workouts and I feel much more relaxed with my eating=less stress=can't go wrong. ;-)

Luna bars don't have dairy you know, typically it is just dates and nuts. :-) It's pouring right now but after I finish my work, I'm thinking of doing a sprint... I got to school today and one of my classmates left two extremely brown bananas at my desk -- how thoughtful!! I devoured those things with a cup of coffee (rare) so now I feel like I've got a little extra sugar I can burn... ;-)

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Well, for me IF is the thing that turned off the night hungers! Eating large dinner is the only thing that gets me sleeping through the night and not starved during the day!

As for 15% BF, I figure if I am doing everything the right way & I get there, then it's healthy. I am married for 13 years now, and have a 5 y.o., so it's not to catch the suitors with the looks. I am thinking it is a woman's version of mid-life crisis. You know, men buy a sports car, and women hit the gym. Better than pinining for a lover half their age, a-la Balzac heroines.

Plus, getting closer and closer to the meno-pause and yet another major hormonal screw-up that leads to weight gains scares the crap out of me. I witnessed with the ttc and childbirth and pst-pregnancy how hormonal changes totally make everything so much worse, and I am afraid that if I do not lean out before menopause I will become a hippo during.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    I love breakfast too much. When I did do the 16/8, I would eat from about 7-3pm, which was kind of inconvenient if I couldn't get to my training until late afternoon (not to mention I'm usually feeling stronger in the evenings.)

Hahaha... I doubt you will turn into a hippo... I'd think that being super strict on your diet would be most beneficial to acquiring your leanness rather than killing yourself at the gym 6 days a week. Personally... I am SO ready for a de-load week!!

Got crazy on my bike and did some sprints and went freaking wild for a few minutes... It was a long time coming. ;-) Then...

115x3, 130x3, 145x10 glute bridge (good!!!!!!)
    45x3, 45x2, 45x8 OH press (why so tough!)
    115x6x8 glute bridges (ugh...so many sets)
    45x5x5 front squat + single OH press
    + handstand practice

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Well, I was going to do squats, dips, shoulders, curls, and core/ab work today....got a few rounds in and just felt dead tired. I've been trying to do Atkins-style keto induction for the past 3 days and I'm just totally exhausted. I figured pushing too hard would just eat my muscles up....I'm just gonna make sure I get enough protein and fat and push through. I'm gonna swim or play basketball tomorrow, so I don't feel too bad about it.

BR1986FB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wendler 5/3/1....Got 7 reps on my last set of 1 (deadlifts). On to deload week.