Page 263 of 681 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 6803

Thread: What is your workout today? page 263

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dog doesn't want to walk in the heat, so I jumped rope instead while he dug around the back yard. Then I did from-the-knees pushups, practiced plank, light freeweights routine, squats with jump-tuck, ab crunches.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    BR, how do you like Wendler? It looks like you're really progressing. I started on Monday... Tried deadlifts but they STILL feel like they're destroying my lower back (no matter how pretty my form looks.) Gonna try doing squats, barbell rows, glute bridges, and shoulder presses. I'm assuming the set-up can be used for any exercises -- just makes it simpler so you don't have to compute de-load weeks or what % of RM you should be using... I like simple. ;-) Are you doing any assistance exercise or "cardio"? I was thinking of adding pull-ups, push-ups, lunges, step-ups, single-leg hip thrusts, and maybe some burpees/push presses/goblet squats/sprints/farmer walks/get-ups for conditioning, sparingly....

Question regarding Wendler -- are you only supposed to do more than the designated amount of reps on your last set, or can you try to squeeze out more on your first and second? For instance, I could have done way more than 5 reps on my first set of shoulder presses, but followed instructions, maxing out only on my third. Is that right?

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Walked the dog 2 miles

AM: Yoga - 40:00

PM: Kenpo - 60:00
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

BR1986FB is offline Senior Member
    Wendler 5/3/1

Got 9 reps on my last set of 3 (deadlifts). BBB deadlifts still killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    BR, how do you like Wendler? It looks like you're really progressing. I started on Monday... Tried deadlifts but they STILL feel like they're destroying my lower back (no matter how pretty my form looks.) Gonna try doing squats, barbell rows, glute bridges, and shoulder presses. I'm assuming the set-up can be used for any exercises -- just makes it simpler so you don't have to compute de-load weeks or what % of RM you should be using... I like simple. ;-) Are you doing any assistance exercise or "cardio"? I was thinking of adding pull-ups, push-ups, lunges, step-ups, single-leg hip thrusts, and maybe some burpees/push presses/goblet squats/sprints/farmer walks/get-ups for conditioning, sparingly....

Question regarding Wendler -- are you only supposed to do more than the designated amount of reps on your last set, or can you try to squeeze out more on your first and second? For instance, I could have done way more than 5 reps on my first set of shoulder presses, but followed instructions, maxing out only on my third. Is that right?
    Loving it! I'm jacked and motivated for EVERY workout.

As far as assistance moves go,here's what my workouts look like:

Sat-
    Bench Press 5/3/1 superset w/weighted chins
    Flat DB press 5x10
    (Tri-set) Close grip bench- 3x10
    Machine seated rows 3x12
    Rear delts on pec dec machine 3x20
    Abs

Sun-
    Squat 5/3/1
    Leg Press 5x10
    (Superset) Seated leg curls
    Standing calf raise
    (Superset) Hanging leg raise
    Weighted crunches

Tues-
    OHP 5/3/1 superset with weighted chins
    (superset)Seated DB press 5x10
    Bent Row 5/3/1
    (superset) Weighted dips
    Barbell curls (hate em)
    Abs

Thurs-
    Deadlift 5/3/1
    (superset)BBB DL 5X10
    Good mornings 3x10
    (tri-set) Lying leg curls 3x12
    Weighted crunches 3x12
    Shrugs 3x12-10

I train 4x's per week versus 3 on the weights. If you notice I do a lot of supersets & tri-sets. This is because a) I train at 4am and I have to move quickly before work and b) assistance exercises are just that, "assistance." I'm just trying to keep everything in balance.

As far as the last question, Wendler prescribes that you only "go for broke" on that last set, leaving 1-2 reps in the tank. You build up to that one major set and obviously do no more than your 5 reps on deload week. During the deload I'm just working on form anyhow.

Hope you enjoy this program. It's great !

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Okay, so much for hell and high water - there is some sort of curse on going to swim. I got held up at work, so swimming was out of the question. I walked more than I expected though yesterday, about 2 hrs and in a humid heat wave (yuck!), so a so-so day. Also no DOMS from the bike on Tue, confirmed that DOMS are from KBs.

This morning, because I didn't swim yesterday, I decided to jump 2 lbs, and finally go for the blasted 80 lbs BP. GOT IT! Wee! Anyways, Madcow today:
    SQT (max of 117 lbs), BP 80 lbs PR!) BBR ( max 82 lbs) Deltoid frontal rises with 15 lbs: 6,7,7 and a couple of chin-ups/pull-ups (nothing left in the arms)

Will see how I feel, but since I worked extra time yesterday, I might not leave too too late and go for a quick swim (?) or bike HIIT. Walking, obviously, and a stretch.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

mercop is offline Member
    Today it was a 1 mile walk with a 42 lb Bulgarian Sandbag on my shoulder. Included a nice, gradual hill. Then 75 two hand swings with the bag broken down into 30/20/25. - George

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member
    I really ought to be more active at this forum. So here goes:

100 pushups
    100 squats
    Chasing chickens (waaaaaay harder than it is to write about)

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    BR, glad to see you found something that works! How long have you been doing it for? You do an AWFUL lot of assistance exercises... Or maybe it just looks that way... How long does it take you in the gym? Did you find any change in your body composition? Do you feel stronger?

Squat, 75#x5, 85#x5, 95#x8
    Row, 35#x5, 40#x5, 40#x9
    Assisted Pistol, 2x8
    Single-Leg Hip Thrust, 2x12
    + lots of handstand practice
    + biking

Lower back was really bothering me today. The rows are awkward and I think they put too much strain on my low back. I feel almost silly stopping so short during my sets because I know I can handle more -- so used to pushing the shit out of myself!

Leida - congrats on your BP PR! Strong girl! Do you ever do weighted push-ups?

Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    BR, glad to see you found something that works! How long have you been doing it for? You do an AWFUL lot of assistance exercises... Or maybe it just looks that way... How long does it take you in the gym? Did you find any change in your body composition? Do you feel stronger?
    Haven't really been doing it long enough to notice significant changes. I just finished my second week of my second cycle, so 6 weeks total. Prior to this I did SL5x5 but squatting 3x's a week was brutal on these old bones.

It seems like a lot of assistance but when I superset & tri-set assistance exercises it actually goes pretty fast. I'm in and out of my garage in under 40 minutes.

I know I'm stronger because I keep hitting PR's every workout. A decent rule of thumb is to get 10-12 reps on your last set of 5 (week 1), 7-9 reps on your last set of 3 (week two) and anything in the 6+ range for the set of 1 rep (week 3) should ensure moving up regularly.

I can see squats being the first exercise I have to deload. I'll probably get up into the 400+lb range for reps before deloading. Deadlifts are going like gangbusters and I don't see a deload in those, OHP or BP, for awhile. I had to scale back BP quite a bit initially due to left front delt issue but once I started doing shoulder dislocations it cleared things up.