Page 257 of 716 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 7155

Thread: What is your workout today? page 257

JT_London is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    5x10 60kg slow squats - all in my new VFF - took squats easy as I didn't want to strain my feet (that sounds odd!)
    3x 1min of fast skipping
    3x10 shoulder press @ 40kg
    3x10 myotatic crunch
    3x20 medicine ball throws @6kg
    3x10 press-ups on reversed bosu - taking it easy as I think I've damaged a muscle or ligament in my chest.
    3x10 single arm bent-over row @ 32kg
    3x10 shoulder fly @ 6kg
    3x10 bicep curl at 14kg
    Starting weight: 104.5 kg / 230 lbs (29th July 2011)
    100.5kg / 221 lbs (5th August 2011)
    Currently: 99.2kg / 218.6 lbs (23rd September 2011)

Twitter: @jon404

BR1986FB is offline Senior Member
    Wendler 5/3/1....Good workout ! Got 9 reps on my last set of 5 on OHP.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday, felt kindda tired after work, but because my husband was picking me up from the rec centre, decided to do a steady state cycle instead of the last part of my walk (rec centre to home stretch) for 30 min. WRONG! I was struggling to keep HR at 120 bpm (normally shoot for 150), and then 25 min in, shaky, dizzy... didn't know at the time if I was crushing on calories or overtrained, so rested in the steam-room/hot tub, came home, re-fed. Crushed on calories, thanks goodness. Because of those episodes, I still think there is something wrong with my sugar/insulin/whatever even if the fasting glucose is Okay. A gal can't eat a decent lunch at noon, and have an episode like that at 4:30 after a light stretch and sitting on her butt and a light cycle for no reason. Checked my weight this morning just in case, and there was no alarming drop, basically looks like a maintain plus some expected water retention.

Madcow/3x5 this morning. SQT to 85 lbs; OHP: 3x5 @ 55 lbs felt so light (after a couple of struggling workouts), I loaded 60 lbs for the 3rd set (pressed 5, no problem), and then tried a single of 70 lbs (F), tried a single of 65 lbs (F). Gave up and did DL's, to 158 lbs (HARD!). Finally, a vanity set of frontal delts, 3x8 with 15 lbs (failed at 17.5 after 3rd rep) & a few chins/pull-ups. Tried dips to see if the tricep got the message, failed on 4th rep, so kicked myself out of the gym. Gosh, would have given a fortune to crawl into bed and sleep it over....

Will walk at lunch and do free-flow/stretch w/o planks and push-ups, since the arms feel worked in every which way. Push-ups are getting pretty cool lately, I touch the floor with my nose, chest and thighs, neato. Time to switch to the tricpe push-up!

Tomorrow, no f'ing about, a bona fide recovery day, just walking. And that's an order.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-16-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Jen... I am wicked sore from those presses yesterday, I'm feeling it mostly in my traps/back of my shoulders... Chin-ups just take practice, practice, practice unfortunately. I once did 13 chins when I was put on the spot in front of a bunch of buff guys for a job position as a personal trainer... I had so much adrenaline during my set I was shaking when I was done! I'd be shocked if I could get that again! I don't do much practice with them now, but might start putting some weights in my backpack. I prefer to do lower reps rather than higher reps with chins because.. well.. I'd like the pain to be over quicker. ;-)

My worst fear is "losing" it in an OHP. I really ought to learn how to "drop" weights safely. My biggest sticking point is my squat, and the fact that deadlifts make my erectors ache (they are chronically tight from over-use/straining unless I am very good with my active recovery..), so I can't work on that much either. I think my back is my weak point, and that kills me. I just want a 135# squat!! :-(

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Sandbag Hill Sprints today - 10 hill sprints with a sandbag over the shoulders, 10 squats at the top of each hill.

Sandbag Fitness: Todays Workout - Horrible Hill Sprints

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Jane--My back is my weak point too and have a similar fear about dropping weight! I am working on those chin-ups, slowly but surely. I am sore, too, from OHP.

Coach Palfrey--I think I am going to try this workout. Don't have a sandbag, but maybe a heavy book bag? I really like your workouts, tho.

Today I worked on inverted rows, assisted pull-ups, push ups, heavy deads and static dip holds. Then five rounds of five deadlifts and 10 burpees. 7:35.

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Walked the dog 2 miles

5 Rounds:

Reverse Grip Push Ups off Power Stands x 20
    Sit Ups x 20
    Dumbell Rows x 10 each side
    Kettlebell Swings x 20
    Burpees x 10

17:33

Kenpo – 60:00
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jens522 View Post
    Jane--My back is my weak point too and have a similar fear about dropping weight! I am working on those chin-ups, slowly but surely. I am sore, too, from OHP.

Coach Palfrey--I think I am going to try this workout. Don't have a sandbag, but maybe a heavy book bag? I really like your workouts, tho.

Today I worked on inverted rows, assisted pull-ups, push ups, heavy deads and static dip holds. Then five rounds of five deadlifts and 10 burpees. 7:35.
    Hi Jens - give it go with anything you've got! I must warn you though that is was very tough...

BR1986FB is offline Senior Member
    60 minutes of walking 8.5 incline 3.0 mph

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Uhm, piece of unsolicited advice: I too feel that my back/core limit my squat, and what I do is walkouts and lift-offs. Walkouts is simply loading heavy weight on and stepping back to where you would squat & holding for ~ 30 sec. Lift-off is loading even heavier weight, unracking and holding on for 30 sec. My max SQT is 130 lbs, so I do a walkout with 200 lbs now, and LO with 250 lbs.

Anyway, just walking today, really need the recovery. I guess, the plan that I can do 3 HIITs in a week in addition to 3 lifting session is not going to work. Will see if I can manage 2 HIITs....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.