Front Squats 5-5-5-5-5
    Good Mornings 5-5-5-5-5
    Lat Pull Downs 5-5-5-5-5
    Barbell Curls 4x7

Straight Ellyptical (elevation 14, resistance 7, s/m 220) 20:00
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Beach workout - Swimming against a bit of a rip tide for a few meters until it let up, sprintint across the sand, crawling across the sand.
    Woods workout - Running while ducking under branches, jumping over a stream, climbing a vertical hill, rope climbing (someone left a rope tied over a cliff, who am I to refuse such an opportunity?),jumping over logs.
    City workout - Jogged around looking for something my idiotic cousins lost.
    Equipment workout - Clean and press 80lbs (barbell) in the hopes of inducing hunger because my supper smelled good.
    Bodyweight workout - 15 decent attempts at a dragon flag (I couldn't hold it), various types of squatting, lunging and crawling done while watching tv.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Walked the dog 2.2 miles

3 Rounds:
    Dive Bomber Push Ups x 10
    Vee Ups x 10
    Sledgehammer Swings x 10 each side
    Chin Ups x 10
    Dips x 10
    Kettlebell Single Arm Swings x 10 each arm
    Jump Ropes x 50
    Medicine Ball Slams x 10
    24" Box Jumps x 10

14:04
    Last edited by Nick the Destroyer; 08-01-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
    Quote on the Father's Sword

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing Chest & Back from P90X today. Its a long workout, I know, but its so basic. Push-up, pull-up.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    30min walk + a modified P90 X chest/shoulders/triceps... feel pretty awesome!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    A really weird workout yesterday.

Monday was a statutoiry day off for us here, so the gym wasn't open till 9 am. Schedule-wise, it was really beneficial for me to put in a workout yesterday, so I do not have 2 workouts on the workdays (start work late, with all the ensuing problems with the schedule).

So, I lifted in the afternoon, and in a fed state. In fact, the lunch I had while walking around the Zoo with my folks was inadequate (a cup of dark turkey meat with mustrad and veggies, a few strawberries) and when I got to the gym about 1 pm, I was noticeably tired with hunger. So, not a Primal choice, but the best I could think off - a protein bar from a vending machine. The darn thing did have 30 g protein, but 24 - carbs, and 10 g sugar. It tasted so sweet I had to choke the thing down, disgusting. But the darn sugar rush hit me harder than coffee and Jack3D I tried some time ago. The gym was busy too, all man, so that as usual spurned me on, and I had some crazy workout.

I had to do light squats, 4 sets, but it felt like a feather, so I added a bit on the 4th set and went for the 5th set (it is still far from heavy, just 105 lbs); I didn't noticed OHP @ 53 lbs and the 4 sets of deadlifts was the only thing that started hitting home. I did not rest till I hit the third set of DL's... telling you, nuts! I still pulled 1 of 180 after the dls, and did chins and pulls. After which I shopped, and then marched up the hill for 30 min with some 20 lbs of groceries & excersise gear.

That was some protein bar... I appropriately ate ~ 1 cup of sweet potato with quark after workout and had an appropriate dinner, unfortunately....

Unfortunately, that being the day before going back to work, I stayed 1.5 hours past bedtime and ate 6 marshmellows, ~ 10 dark choclate chips, honey and a bit of jam, and 1.5 slices of the sprout-grain bread. In short, full-on carbs binge. I think next weekend, if I can't get myself to bed, I will just give up, make a bag of pop-corn and see if that will do it. Probably less damage than all the sugar....

Today: Kettlebells! If all that carb will still be floating in the system, I might just go wild, and do a couple of 15-20 min intervals one with KB, one on the torure rack, erm, bike, with a few minutes stretch in between. Or go and do chin-ups till I fall off the parrallel bars!
    Last edited by Leida; 08-02-2011 at 05:58 AM.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    10 rounds of hill sprints.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Leida, so you think the 10g of sugar made you wild? I'd be willing to eat some carb/sugar pre-workout... Today my pre-workout meal was just some plain chicken breast and ~tbs coconut oil...

Last night: ~20mins fast biking, sprints
    Gym today:
    12x115#
    8x135#
    6x145#
    4x2x165# barbell bridge

10x3x65# speed squat
    10x3x20# donkey kicks on smith machine

My toosh is feelin' it!

befitby40 is offline Senior Member
    Last night I completed Crossfit Grunt School Day 9 for time: 19:15, 3 rounds: 40m bear crawl, 15-12-9 hanging power snatch (75#), 15-12-9 GHD sit-ups.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Leida, so you think the 10g of sugar made you wild? I'd be willing to eat some carb/sugar pre-workout... Today my pre-workout meal was just some plain chicken breast and ~tbs coconut oil...
    I think I managed to hit the right spot somehow, with either sugar/carb or the total calories. I went from a barely moving hungry wretch (typical calorie crush, I had them before) to a tasmanian devil. Plus, I was sweating more than normal, I think that's sugar impact. Maybe I am so used to training fasted that my body reacted positevly to training fed. I should probnably mix and match training times and state more, it's a Primal way anyways. I will be doing fed KBs this afternoon, and will include a tablespoon of honey ~2 hours prior to the workout (for serotonine hypothesis testing as well). I want to see if I can replicate the energy burst, because I sure liked the brightness. I really need to find a way past this plateau and start advancing in weights lifted.