Page 2 of 617 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your workout today? page 2

Baker72 is offline Junior Member
    Nice day out in the Northeast...already had a session of back squats, pullups and lunges and now hitting up a hiking trail for a couple hours with the ol' Bulldog.

omajoe is offline Member
    Convict Conditioning workout - Horizontal Pullups and Full Squats today. Tried getting on the treadmill, too, but it seems to have broken overnight. Gotta get that repaired today.

fotakou is offline Junior Member
    @omajoe
    A question regarding CC,because I intend to buy it,do you think that you can combine it with other programs as well?Like Interval running,GPP routines and some strength training?Or the volume will be a lot for the body to bear?

Jeffrw is offline Junior Member
    Tabatas from the Crossfit WOD mixed with Convict Conditioning...horizontal pulls, kneeling pushups, half squats and flat frog raises!

Jeffrw is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fotakou View Post
    @omajoe
    A question regarding CC,because I intend to buy it,do you think that you can combine it with other programs as well?Like Interval running,GPP routines and some strength training?Or the volume will be a lot for the body to bear?
    yeah you can, but after reading the book, you might ask why you would want to.

It won't kill you to spend a few months focusing on bodyweight stuff. It's great for your joints and tendons. You mention strength...well what is stronger than being able to do handstand pushups, one arm pushups and pullups and one leg squats? The bridging stuff is incredible too.

Adding interval running is a smart idea and maybe a day or two a week of like 2x5 of deadlifts is a good idea. But I cannot emphasize how amazing doing 90% bodyweight stuff is. I can't explain it, but its like I'm not as hungry as I've used to be, the pounds have been dropping off and the definition is way better. I've done Paleo/PB with CF and got good results, but now I am getting better.

What I am doing is actually subbing in the Convict Conditioning stuff into the Crossfit WOD. As far as CF goes, I don't mess with it when they RX Deadlifts or running and I sub whatever step of CC I am on. When they have a workout that won't work (like the other day's max effort on Push Jerks) I just make up my own CC workout.

GrockinOut is offline Senior Member
    kettlebells and a bike ride!

TexasPrimal is offline Junior Member
    Todays workout:
    4 sets of incline press
    2 sets of flat bench
    about an hour of walking

I'm a bit of a gym rat, I lift 5 days a week-- but I keep my workouts to about 20-25 minutes and focus on compound lifts (squats, deadlifts, presses).

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    5K for time...

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Tabatas using light dumbells to squat, and thrust them overhead. Forget what that's called, other than "Painful". Haven't done these for months, and months, but ouch... Gotta start somewhere.

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Gym day today - Body by Science big four (chest press, lat pulldowns, overhead press, rows - no leg work due to my $%@# knee injury), plus kettlebell swings and Tabata sprints on the elliptical. Heading outside in a few minutes to work in the garden to do some shoveling and hauling heavy buckets around.