Page 191 of 728 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 7278

Thread: What is your workout today? page 191

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    Oh - I forgot to add I'm walking 40 mins on my lunch break too as usual.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for reading Nick. Think I will follow your lead and drop the barbell/gym workouts to 2x per week. During the winter I just wanted to lift as heavy as I could. Now that spring is here and can go outside in CA sunshine every day at lunch with shirt off, priority is *lean.* Ha. So dropping 1 barbell workout per week will mean more IF (can't IF after weights) and more kettlebell/conditioning workouts. This will stretch out my barbell program, because I do 3 different workouts, but that's OK. Ya I'm very happy with progress I've made so far also. Best shape I've been in years, who knows how many.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    2 mile dog walk in the morning, 2 mile easy run at lunch, P90X in the afternoon. Barf. I am not loving P90X. It's boring, and takes A LONG time.

Skull Pilot is offline Junior Member
    Kettle bell meltdowns 300 reps x3 and a nice long walk/jog with the pups.

charleymitchell is offline Junior Member

strength/sprints today

AM:
    12 minute AMRAP
    - 5 rep Thrusters
    - 5 dips

PM:
    Walked dog 2 miles, Weather was so nice I decided to do a few sprints in the field. Jogging home I saw a few birds and gave chase, they of course escaped!

I follow a modified plan from Mark's muscle/weight gain blog. I love it! I work out half the time I used to, am arguably more fit and have far more reserve energy for all other life activities.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    8 hill sprints this morning and tonight hot yoga.

Nick the Destroyer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    2 mile dog walk in the morning, 2 mile easy run at lunch, P90X in the afternoon. Barf. I am not loving P90X. It's boring, and takes A LONG time.
    If your hating P90X, why are you still doing it? I finished the program and enjoyed it, but in reality, I've found there are more effective strength/conditioning workouts that will kick you butt worse in a shorter amount of time. You can still do the concept (changing focus of workouts, high intensity, 3 week periodization) without devoting the time needed by the program.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    One very long leisurely ride on the bike today (Sooo purdy out!) and then it's home to do my medicine ball workout.

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I have a couple of Denise Austin dvds I rotate. I have to force myself not to do the same thing every day- contrary to everyone else, I thrive on repetition.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick the Destroyer View Post
    If your hating P90X, why are you still doing it? I finished the program and enjoyed it, but in reality, I've found there are more effective strength/conditioning workouts that will kick you butt worse in a shorter amount of time. You can still do the concept (changing focus of workouts, high intensity, 3 week periodization) without devoting the time needed by the program.
    I totally agree with everything you said. My friend and I are simultaneously doing P90X and Insanity as an experiment, to see the differences in our results, both body-comp-wise and fitness-wise. It was just a fun challenge to get us through the tail end of winter (it's taking a long time to warm up in the DC area). We're at similar levels of fitness and are both runners. Five weeks in, I'm definitely seeing the limitations of P90X, in that it's boring as hell after a while and the workouts are needlessly lengthy. I always find myself wishing I was just doing the Crossfit or Bodyrock WODs. I'm definitely seeing results (my arms are looking awesome), but I just don't find the time commitment sustainable. And Tony fucking irritates me.

Back on topic. Today's workout:

.15 mile hill repeats, alternating sprinting and race pace, about a minute rest in between each repeat, as many times as I can in 20 minutes. I managed 8 repeats.

Crossfit WOD: J.T. 21-15-9 handstand pushups, ring dips, pushups. I don't have rings so I do chair dips. And I can't do a handstand pushup so I just hold a wall handstand while one-one-thousanding it up to the number of reps. Time: 11:14.

Tonight I will be walking my dog two miles after an all hands meeting at the rescue station (there is a crazy person who last week threatened to come shoot all of us, so the sheriff is coming by to talk to us about it).