Thread: Picked up a cast-iron skillet today.. page

ryan54 is offline Member

Picked up a cast-iron skillet today..

Primal Fuel
    And absolutely love it! Kept it simple and made turkey burgers as the first experiment. The taste quality was night and day, and no sticking! I would highly recommend one. Awesome stuff.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I love mine. I use them every day. I have my Mother's old set, and one I found while rummaging around in some brush on the farm I grew up on. Someone had thrown it out who knows how many years before and I scavenged it! Truth be told it's indistinguishable from the one I bought in a store. I actually have more than I need but I am so smitten with them I can't part with them. I certainly would never throw one away. In the woods no less. LOL I do find that despite using them all frequently I have my favorite that of course is better seasoned so I turn to it the most often.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Ryan, fantastic. Best tasting food ever ! I use mine all the time. Once you have cooked in them, fill with tap water and everything comes off easy as. I am thinking about putting in an earth oven, similar to the Maoris traditional oven. But not sure where to start....anyway goodluck with the cast iron !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    i have an entire set -- wouldn't part with them.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What is so different about cast iron than to the high tech (say Jamie Oliver) ones?