Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why do people who go vegan turn mean? page 5

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think people who eat special diets often become assholes because they are depriving themselves and not really happy about it, so need to make others feel like crap to make themselves feel better about their poor decision.

There are actually nice vegans, and they truly enjoy it and feel better.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I wanted to post a link to the article, but it looks like the site is down for maintenance :-\
    The site is down for maintenance due to a malicious malware infection (an angry militant cyber-vegan? haha) This link is correct, but it obviously isn't live at the moment.
    Vegetarianism and Nutrient Deficiencies - Weston A Price Foundation

www.westonaprice.org/vegetarianism-and-plant-foods/vegetarianism-and-nutrient-deficiencies

7 May 2009 Thus, even vegetarians who supplement with standard B12 supplements could be at risk for deficiency. Those needing B12 supplements ...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

highvibes is offline Junior Member
    This thread reminded me of this LOL

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by highvibes View Post
    This thread reminded me of this LOL

Hehe I like that. That's called "hangry".

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I admit to being a zealot at first. I just wanted everybody else to know how GOOD it feels to not hurt, fart, vurp and poop only once every ten days. Problem is, they don't want to hear it. In a world of bread eaters, medication and pain are just normal and very few ask why.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    And True Believer is a disease that effects everyone; christians, atheists, blacks, whites, men, women, libertarians, communists, liberals, republicans, anarchists, vegans, paleos, etc.
    Too true. I have to remind myself not to preach about paleo/primal... *shifty eyes*

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    The site is down for maintenance due to a malicious malware infection (an angry militant cyber-vegan? haha) This link is correct, but it obviously isn't live at the moment.
    Vegetarianism and Nutrient Deficiencies - Weston A Price Foundation

www.westonaprice.org/vegetarianism-and-plant-foods/vegetarianism-and-nutrient-deficiencies

7 May 2009 – Thus, even vegetarians who supplement with standard B12 supplements could be at risk for deficiency. Those needing B12 supplements ...
    Yup, that sounds about right!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Valarauko is offline Senior Member
    Some of the most intolerable, nasty, people I've had the misfortune of meeting were PETA vegans. I'd prefer the company of Russian neo nazi's to them....oops - just kind of invoked Godwins law, Shut this thread, it's all over now!
    Fear of the unknown...They are afraid of new ideas. they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Penady is offline Senior Member
    I'd be pretty mean too if I somehow could never again eat bacon. Oh, the horror! But seriously, yeah, I know what you mean. I have a friend who recently turned vegan and lost a bunch of weight. She did so for ethical reason. She's still a sweetheart most of the time, but turns in to Judgy McJudgerson whenever the topic of meat eating comes up. Yeah, she's one of [I]those[I] vegans.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Cast my vote for 1 part self-righteousness/zealotry 1 part lack of neruologically-essential nutrients.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast