Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why do people who go vegan turn mean? page 4

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've been vegan. I was born mean. Actually I've met the meanest people on primal/paleo forums. People, in general, are shitty and mean.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    I've been vegan. I was born nice. Actually I've met the kindest people on primal/paleo forums. People, in general, are nice and helpful. Life and modern society tends to bruise and injure people, and many find that becoming mean or aggressive serves them "better" in dealing with others that also are mean or became mean and/or aggressive.

There is something, I believe, to being born a certain way & not another. One of my brothers was born mean, selfish and manipulative. He tried to bash in my brains when I was a newborn in my crib & he's been jealous of me ever since and has tried to tear me down, inexplicably to my thinking, since he is favored since he chose to participate in the family business, and I chose another path apart from that business.

Back to the subject of vegans. I've seen more back biting and seriously cannabalizing of their own kind in vegan forums and youtube channels, than I've ever witnessed here or on any paleo sites. I think its the lack of quality fats, proteins & the superiority complex all rolled into one fruity/agave-laden pile of dehydrated durian-cashew trail mix...
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-02-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i've seen crazy and mean people everywhere, but mostly nice...nice-ish anyway

myself, i have little patience. i'm sarcastic. it's probably obvious

but it's alllllllll outta looooooooooove
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    yeh I am just waiting for her to realize she won't really feel better and turn back to meat. I am fine with her choice, I'm not going to judge but she is pushy and rude and trying to get EVERYONE to go vegan or else we will DIE lol that's the new mentality she has and that all of the world's problems is because of meat. so I am just like whatever and smile and nod basically and tune it out.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, if you're really her friend, I think you need to administer some Tough Love: Tell her that she's acting like a jerk and alienating people, and you really don't want to be around her if she doesn't shape up.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    They certainly are an angry bunch. I have two roomates that are vegetarians. Cant say I don't quietly terrorize them by constantly making the house smell of bacon in hopes of them breaking down and bacon will do it lol. Anyways I constantly get the meat is bad for you although they have no research to back this up and refuse to look at the research that states otherwise. All these people care about is promoting a plant based diet even though they basically are killing themselves slowly everyday by "glucoside." Death and rapid aging from the consumption of high amounts of glucose.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Not all vegans are militant and angst-y. Many are, but not all.

I had a vegan phase not to long ago, and during that time I'd met so many fantastic people and made wonderful friends (who are now not thrilled at my primal/paleo lifestyle!), but I've also had to distance myself from the PeTA-following, paint-throwing, holding-a-sign-of-a-mutilated-calf-in-front-of-a-restaurant ones.

There are militant douchebags in every facet of humanity, and I've found that this is accentuated when someone just recently began to follow something new. They over-glorify their diet, political stance, or new car to the extreme, to justify it and show others how awesome and amazing this is, and how much better it is than anyone else's. If it continues like this beyond the "omg this is new!" phase, then they are a militant douchebag. If they regress to the "eh, this is my new 'normal'... let's just continue with life and not be a dick anymore', then that's awesome.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

patski is offline Senior Member
    The Weston Price Foundation website actually has a great article on serious B deficiency in vegetarians, which leads to rage, hostility and general asshole-ishness.

Explains why Morrissey is such a DOUCHE. Even though I still love his music. Sigh.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    The Weston Price Foundation website actually has a great article on serious B deficiency in vegetarians, which leads to rage, hostility and general asshole-ishness.

Explains why Morrissey is such a DOUCHE. Even though I still love his music. Sigh.
    Link?
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

patski is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to post a link to the article, but it looks like the site is down for maintenance :-\
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast