Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people who go vegan turn mean? page 2

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And really, people who strongly adhere to any diet have a habit of being judgmental. I see judgy people on here all day long!

But, the biggest difference is that for the hardcore PETA-stomping vegans, it's both a diet and almost a religious calling.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    they turn mean because they're assholes
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I was once a vegan, and it didn't turn me mean . I did it because I thought it was ethically right, but I still believed that it was MY ethics, and not necessarily those of others (if that makes sense??). Just because *I* believe something is right, doesn't mean I expect everyone else to believe it too. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Same with paleo/primal. *I* think it's right (yes, I'm past the vegan stuff) but I don't go slamming it down everyone's throats. In general, I just tell people that I don't eat sugar or grains. If people try and argue with me that grains are healthy, sure I'll argue back, but I don't expect them to just believe me or believe in my inherent rightness! Generally, I let people make up their own decisions about stuff and hope they leave me to do the same!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    they turn mean because they're assholes
    Snort! True in many cases, but really, some of the kindest, nicest folks I know are vegans. Horribly misguided and none too healthy, but sweet.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I've known some paleo/primal folks to be just as obnoxious. Self-righteousness is unpleasant no matter what the person's dietary choices.
    True. You see it all the time on forums. People being called "mindless sheep" for eating bread or not consuming lots of fat. I have also seen people on blogs and youtube that spend a lot of their time antagonising vegetarians. It's all really petty

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    the asshole gene is insidious
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    I agree that some people take a moral high road when they find a way of eating that seems to work. Vegans have an added agenda that they are not just eating clean but they are saving living creatures. It can make some a bit over zealous.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    All in all, you'll find the worst are the dieters who have lost weight and then look at overweight people with scorn. Some feel they have the right to judge because they were once overweight themselves. I admit I can feel that way a little myself when watching overweight people scoff donuts and soda.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I find that it's the people who have turned vegan/vegetarian for non-religious or cultural purposes are most judgmental of others. I don't think it's the diet that's turning them mean, it's the sanctimonious attitude of holier-than-thou. I hate to admit that I was a prick of a vegetarian once. I had my own ethical reasons for it, but man did I feel the need to impress it upon people.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Eat what you want and STFU about it, regardless of your diet.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast