Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Primal - The Student Edition

Primal - The Student Edition

Shop Now
    Hello folks!
    I am a 20yr old female, 5'2", about 145lb (I don't really like to weigh myself), which translates to a US dress size of 2-4. I have tried to be 'primal' a couple of times before, but with the craziness of being an engineering student I always end up falling off the wagon. The reason I am trying again now is because when I follow a primal diet I feel my best. Lately I have had very low energy, an awful complexion and terrible PMS (bloating, crankiness, etc). I feel like these things are due to my poor eating habits and can be fixed with proper diet. I am not trying to lose a crazy amount of weight and look like a supermodel, I just want to take good care of my body so I can be happy, healthy and continue to do the things I really enjoy (hiking, cycling, swimming, skating, etc)
    Now, for some background, I have had a lot of problems with binge eating. Currently, I may binge once every week/2 weeks (more so during PMS). This is a HUGE improvement from the past few years where, at my worst, I was binging every single day. That was a really dark time for me. In this journey, I would like to continue to improve on my binge eating tendencies and hopefully someday be able to stop. I want to start making sure I am ONLY eating when my body is hungry and then STOPPING when I am full. Also, I want to slow down and be able to enjoy my food. For too long I have used food to cope with difficult emotions, it is a very unhealthy habit I want to change.
    Finally, and most importantly I suppose, I want to focus on becoming happier. I seem to get caught up in the chaos of work, school, and responsibilities, subsequently forgetting that I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge and fantastic friends. I want to work on changing my attitude to become more positive and be able to appreciate all the blessings I have in my life. Also, as of tomorrow, I am going to try and give up TV, watching YouTube videos and mindless internet surfing (facebook, reddit, etc...). There are just so many amazing things I could be spending my hours doing instead of sitting on the couch on my computer or watching television.
    Anyway, I plan on starting up tomorrow. Hopefully by keeping a journal I can remain accountable for my actions and keep motivated to keep up a primal diet.
    Cheers.

So here is what I ate today:
    9:30 - 3 eggs scrambled in about 1tbsp butter with red, orange and yellow peppers and lots of onion
    2:30 - salad (chicken, avocado, spinach, tomato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple)
    I'll update later if I eat anything else today.

Spent my day walking in the sunshine doing some errands around town then went to a spin class (this might be considered chronic cardio, but I actually really enjoy and look forward to these classes, so I'm not giving them up! haha.) Made some cupcakes for my boyfriend and roommates, and I didn't eat any! Didn't even lick the spoon haha. Haven't watched any TV today and haven't been cruising the internet except to update this journal. Great day so far!

Shop Now
    hope you are keeping with the plan, try some 'mindful' eating. Have lots more great days