Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A lifetime of confessions start here. Rid yourself of the shame and be free page 2

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    But it's fun to expose the prejudices of others. Oh, stalin was an atheist too. Sooooooooo many dictators are atheists. It's kind of funny.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    it's not like you just found ten pedos who all happen to be plumbers.
    Ha ha!

I personally like to blame the Catholic Church for most of the world's problems. I'm thinking someway somehow I might even be able to blame them for the CW diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Ha ha!

I personally like to blame the Catholic Church for most of the world's problems. I'm thinking someway somehow I might even be able to blame them for the CW diet.
    Unlikely since most of the corporate owners trace their ancestry back to puritans. Puritans are protestants, in case you needed to know.
    Also, for those of you interested, the major religion in the us is protestanism whereas the major religion in Canada is catholicism. And when you take Canada's obvious superiority over the us (not that there's any point in bragging about that...) into account, well, tell me again how you think the catholic church is the worst thing in the world.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Unlikely since most of the corporate owners trace their ancestry back to puritans. Puritans are protestants, in case you needed to know.
    Also, for those of you interested, the major religion in the us is protestanism whereas the major religion in Canada is catholicism. And when you take Canada's obvious superiority over the us (not that there's any point in bragging about that...) into account, well, tell me again how you think the catholic church is the worst thing in the world.
    You have to demonstrate that having a predominantly Catholic population accounts for Canada's "obvious superiority" to get that argument off the ground

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Oh, look another religious nut who can't face reality or accurate history. Isn't that cute? Almost as cute as the dog shitting on the carpet.
    Confession time: In high school, we had a cat that we had taken in when the neighbors moved. I did not like this cat. It was in bred and out and out stupid. It never did figure out how to use a litter box, but my parents kept it in the house anyways. My bed was one of it's favorite shit zones. Do you have any idea how infuriating it is to roll over and roll into shit? Usually, I was a master of my own emotions, and would hunt down the cat and put it outside for the day, carefully, no matter how pissed I was. One day, I snapped. The cat was just the icing on the cake from the past however long of a fucked up childhood. I grabbed the cat by the scruff of the neck and THREW it outside, aiming for the dirt past the concrete steps, figuring it'd land on its feet and maybe catch a clue. Nope. It twisted violently in midair and landed on the concrete walkway. She had a seizure, with me watching and freaking out about how I was going to hide it if the cat died (hurting one of the pets actually got you in deeper shit than hurting one of your sisters). She finished seizing (I was right beside her to make sure she didn't seizure badly enough to really hurt herself) and I carefully gathered her up and placed her in a shed by the house for the day, so I could check on her after school. She seemed fine after school, had a minor limp from landing on her side, but other than that seemed unfazed. I never told my parents. I never told anyone. When she died of old age several years later, I was firmly convinced that my act of violence had helped kill her earlier than she should have died, even though logically, it was her time to go.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    When I was 10 years old or so, I had a neighbor who had a vicious dog who would take every opportinity to try to get loose in order to attack me and anyone else who happened by. He got loose on occasion, but I was lucky enough to have avoided him.
    One day, I walked past his yard, and the dog saw me. He had a leash on, but was able to jump up onto the roof of his doghouse, (which had a flat roof) in order to bark and growl at me.
    On this particular day, the dog slipped off of the edge of the roof and hung himself by the leash, which was draped across the roof of the doghouse. He broke his neck instantly.
    I watched it happen, then went about my business like nothing happened. Even though the dog wouldn't have been saved if I had rushed to the neighbors house to tell them, I didn't do it because I didn't want it to be saved. I was actually releived because I was scared to death of the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    You have to demonstrate that having a predominantly Catholic population accounts for Canada's "obvious superiority" to get that argument off the ground
    All I was doing is proving that the catholic church doesn't cause the world's problems because if it did then Canada and Ireland would be worse than the states. Unless you can think of some mitigating factors that I failed to account for?
    Oh and naiad, I'm agnostic. I just know from experience that catholics tend to be the lesser of three evils. And how is what I'm saying not accurate? Were stalin and mussolini not atheists? Was the evil oliver cromwell not a protestant?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i once killed a man for taking a bite of my french fries. with nothing more than my bare hands and steely gaze.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i once killed a man for taking a bite of my french fries. with nothing more than my bare hands and steely gaze.
    Oh I fucking hate it when someone is touching my plate.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Oh I fucking hate it when someone is touching my plate.
    indeed. the replacement cafeteria monitor was a bit more respectful. i guess i had a bit of a rep in the second grade. the shameful part was the fries were made with soybean oil, so i shouldn't have been eating them in the first place.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast