Thread: alochol page

mattywhite94 is offline Junior Member

alochol

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys, I will be going away in a few months for a trip and there will be a lot of alochol consumed. Im only young ( 18 ) and theres no point saying I won't get drunk, will be over in Bali and was just wondering what you guys would suggest be the post paleo way. I don't drink beer. Fine with spirits. What would you guys suggest? cheers

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Spirits are typically zero carbs if they aren't added to anything that is sweet. So drink 'em straight to be the most primal. And avoid drinks made out of grains like most whiskeys are as they'll still have the gluten in them most likely. Vodka is a good choice if it's a genuine potato-made brand.

Rum is a good choice as well. If it's sugar-made it will contain no carbs (which is the main downside of sugar) because of the fermenting and distillation process, and will be gluten free.

On the other hand, primal folks love their anti-oxidants, which the red wine has in decent amounts. It contains a few carbs, but given it's health benefits (in moderation, of course), it may just be your best bet.

On the other hand, I wouldn't worry about being too primal with your drinking. I'd just go for it and enjoy yourself.

mattywhite94 is offline Junior Member
    Okay thank you heaps for you're reply. Its my end of school trip so am going to make the most of it , but was just wondering on alochol choices. Vodka + water sounds like the deal!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Just a note... Some of the American brands of vodka are made with grains, not potatoes so you have the gluten issue still. Alas... Most Russian-made brands are potato-based however, so just do your research if you're really serious about it I guess!