Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Anniversary To Me :) page

jammies is offline Senior Member

Happy Anniversary To Me :)

Shop Now
    Hi everyone;

Today I realized that this weekend is my 2 year anniversary of finding primal eating! It's hard to think back to how horrible I felt (and looked) then, but it's nice to recognize my progress. Here's a summary of the changes.

1. Eliminated 4 of my 5 arthritis meds. I also went from badly disabled with severe rheumatoid arthritis to almost completely normal. Words can't describe quite how life changes when you are not in pain and swollen every minute of the day.

2. Dramatically reduced gall bladder issues.

3. Regrew most of my hair which had mostly fallen out and was incredibly thin and unhealthy.

4. Lost 50 lbs.

5. Dramatically reduced my crushing fatigue and need for sleep. This still can be variable, but still my worst day now is still better than my best day before.

I am not big in to photos - but I thought I wanted to include a few photos to show my progress. They are terrible pictures, but they are all I have. I do have a couple of cute ones I like (where I think I look nice and trim ), but I can't get them for now. (Sorry for the smudged faces, but I am a bit shy.)

I have more goals for the coming year. I would like to reduce my sugar intake which periodically creeps up and I want to try cycling into and out of ketosis to try to lose the last ten pounds. I also want to start some type of exercise plan to see if I can become fit. But overall, I would say that primal eating saved my life.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76406684@N06/7903906288/

cob by msjammies, on Flickr
    Last edited by jammies; 08-31-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Nice work, jammies!

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Jammies! I had my 4 year anniversary to Paleo in May. I don't think I jumped onto Primal until about a year or two after that. The change in diet helped me elmininate my seasonal allergies and IBS. I am glad you had great results as well. Keep it going!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! Good job on eliminating medication! Keep up the great success!!!! Very inspiring.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Jammies!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    OH awesome!!! That is all fantastic!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic results. Congratulations!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    It's great to lose weight but to eliminate health problems, wow, that is awesome. Big pat on the back

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that's amazing! The improvement in your health sounds fantastic.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!! Wonderful transformation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast