Thread: Another Newbie page

belle1954 is offline Junior Member

Smile Another Newbie

Hello everybody,
    i'm new here and i'm glad to be here. I'm 58 yrs. old and a grandmother to two beautiful 2 year old granddaughters. I started reading a little about gluten just a few weeks ago. Then one of my grandbabies was referred to a gastrointerologist (sp) and he thought she had celiac but blood test was negative. I began reading a lot and realized I am probably gluten intolerant and also my daughter. I'm about to get my gall bladder removed in 1 week. Would love to know if any of you are coping with eating paleo without a gall bladder. I've been eating paleo for almost 2 weeks now and I'm not quite over carb flu yet!
    Any advice or encouragement is appreciated.

Belle

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Hi Belle,

I think you're right to be cautious on this one. A test might throw up a false result, and if everything else is pointing that way, it's not something to put aside lightly. And, as you say, there can be gluten sensitivity even where there's not full-blown celiac. Dr. Fasano's team at the University of Maryland has shown that:

Center for Celiac Disease Research: University of Maryland School of Medicine

Cyrex Labs do some quite broad testing in this area, though since no-one else does some of these how anyone could cross-check their reliability I don't know. But see Arrays 3 and 4 here:

Cyrex Tests & Arrays

On the gallbaldder -- I guess it's possible that no-one with personal experience on that one may read your post. However, you could try searching across the site. You can do that simply by putting this into Google:

gallbladder site:.marksdailyapple.com

That will always work: your search term followed by "site" a colon and the main address of the site you want to look across.

Actually, standard paleo isn't particularly high-fat, which I suppose is what the worry is. However, I don't know that a high-fat diet necessarily causes problems.

There's a discussion of gallbladder problems on Nora Gedgaudas' Primal Body, Primal Mind podcast that might also be worth catching. Here's the link:

Nora Gedgaudas Events | Primal Body Primal Mind Diet and Nutrition

Scroll down -- it's the November 4, 2009 show.

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    Good luck to you on your journey Hang in there! The cravings will go away on their own.

belle1954 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank ya'll for your helpful responses!
    Belle