Thread: 531 Surprise page

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member

531 Surprise

Shop Now
    Well, I have completed 3 of the 4 531 workouts this week. I had a back to back session yesterday and today. Holy shit i was done after today's workout. Only three exercises but Press + 5 sets of chins + 5 sets of dips, after deadlift day, was taxing. It feels good to be totally spent. Bring on the food!!! Huge plate of dirty rice (grass fed ground beef, kerrygold, wine, peppers, onions, mushrooms and basmati... I think I have to dip into some Haagen Dazs strawberry as well!
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Ronstar is offline Member
    I dunno what you're talking about, link?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
    I dunno what you're talking about, link?
    No, Zelda.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    No, Zelda.
    Ahahah

Leida is offline Senior Member
    First time I did 531, I crashed after week 3 and couldn't do a deload week. It feels like "OMG, I am only doing one major lift per workout, piece of cake, and only one lift in the end..." Well, the truth is, it puts you through the ringer. This time I will be ready to take a week off after a deload week. I have days left on my Week 3, and I am a bit nervous about deadlifting. I am almost thinking to do OHP day first, then do the DL as the last day.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

stoney56 is offline Member
    After doing P90X, chronic cardio, and other hour long beatdowns, I have welcomed the Wendler 5/3/1 program with open arms! I have just completed 4 weeks of the program, and now I repeat with 10 pounds more on the lower lifts & 5 pounds more on the upper lifts. I find the workouts tough, but for the most part the moves are just explosive and short in duration (10 reps or less). I've been doing Boring but Big, and I find I can get done in around a 1/2 hour.

Here's a link that got me pointed in the right direction: Wendler 5/3/1

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    I have finished two of the four training days of the first deload week. I've loved the program so far. I'm doing Boring but Big so there's a lot of volume on the main lifts so I know what you mean about the food. Don't get between me and the refrigerator when I get home from the gym (My wife and I had an argument because she didn't understand why I ate the second I came through the door instead of volunteering to help her with a chore she was doing, I think I need to put her on the program so she'll understand). I usually mix up some greek yogurt and berries to eat while I cook something because I can't just wait until I finish cooking the meal.

I slept for over ten hours the night after my first deadlift workout on this program. I woke up and felt like a zombie. I wasn't too sore in any particular muscle but I was just a mess that whole morning.