Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 5

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Nady and anyone else,

Don't take the bait. He's a boring troll, don't feed him & hopefully he'll go away.
    Betorq - I responded before I saw your post. Has he been here before - this barefoot genital?

Cheffy - welcome aboard! I don't care how you do it, or how anybody defines their fast. MCT, Castrol GTX, Mobil 1 - if those work for your fast then do it. I look forward to hearing everyone's comments and observations through whatever period they go. I'm only doing my fast for religious purposes, as apparently there's no other benefit (J/K).

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Cheffy - welcome aboard! I don't care how you do it, or how anybody defines their fast. MCT, Castrol GTX, Mobil 1 - if those work for your fast then do it. I look forward to hearing everyone's comments and observations through whatever period they go. I'm only doing my fast for religious purposes, as apparently there's no other benefit (J/K).
    I guess you could say that it was a religious experience when a 10 day water fast miraculously cured my chronic eczema~ yeah, religious

Sounds a bit flaky, Nady...

Sounds a bit flaky, Nady...
    Hey~ I was raised Catholic~ I know a miracle when I have one!

Flakey. Eczema.

Did I misspell flakey?

Flakey. Eczema.

Did I misspell flakey?
    No, but I didn't have the flaky kind of eczema~ had the nasty open sore kind. and I'm not flaky either~ am I?

And a fast cured it?! Very cool.

And a fast cured it?! Very cool.
    Actually, the fast cleared my system. When I started eating again, it became obvious that grains triggered the outbreaks. I tested several times with wheat and it's relatives, corn and rice. The only thing that didn't cause a reaction was rice. I also discovered that each grain caused a slightly different version of eczema~ so I could tell what I had eaten by the type of outbreak I had the next day. Curious, but not particularly helpful, unless I want to know if the breading on the chicken was flour, corn meal, or both.

I wish I could say that fasting cured me~ I still react to grains~ but at least it gave me the control. Before that fast, I had no idea why I had such nasty skin and the dermatologists were no help at all.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love Yerba Mate', it's effects, taste & nutritional profile. Plus buying it benefits the rainforest dwellers in Paraguay (I buy mine from Guayaki, friends of mine who live/run the company from Sebastopol, about 30 minutes north of my town)
    Do you get the smoked, or the air dried stuff? I am not entirely sold on the studies linking the smoked mate consumption to cancer, but if it has similar effects on the body as smoking does, then no thanks. I've been buying the unsmoked stuff lately. I just got a five pound pack of raw (unsmoked, unbaked, unsteamed) yerba mate from Earth Shift that will last me forever! I also enjoy the much smoother taste as compared to the smoked stuff.

I disagree, anything under 50 calories doesn't break the fast & if its purely fat, it just reinforces ketone production. I use a very small amount of coco oil & a heaping spoonful of fresh cinnamon powder in my BP coffee.
    I've been reading most people here and other places online that consume bulletproof tea/mate/coffee take theirs with a full tablespoon of either coconut oil, butter, or ghee. That would be about 120 calories, give or take. WELL over what you are consuming. If 50 calories is the limit, then one would have to take note!

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast