Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 432

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 39

  1. #381
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, I am off! And it figures, I woke up this morning with a growling tummy! I can't remember the last time that has happened. But I am so tired of thinking about what I should eat in terms of macros, that I didnt want anything even though I was hungry. I just wanted some BPC. And I havent wanted that for quite some time. The butter just wasnt doing it for me, but this morning, I wanted it. I am still hungry, but going to push on. So it will be modified. Bone broth and kraut. I think my kraut should be ready. I have bone broth out the @$$. Maybe take some BCAA also?

    I started tabata on my elliptical the last few weeks. I should have done it yesterday but I was too sore from riding my horse for 4 hours on Sunday, mostly in my quads from posting. I was reading last night, where was it? About working out AFTER dinner? I think it was some Kruse stuff maybe. It was not in regards to fasting though, obviously

    Anyways, I started at about 6 last night.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  2. #382
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Ok, I am off! And it figures, I woke up this morning with a growling tummy! I can't remember the last time that has happened. But I am so tired of thinking about what I should eat in terms of macros, that I didnt want anything even though I was hungry. I just wanted some BPC. And I havent wanted that for quite some time. The butter just wasnt doing it for me, but this morning, I wanted it. I am still hungry, but going to push on. So it will be modified. Bone broth and kraut. I think my kraut should be ready. I have bone broth out the @$$. Maybe take some BCAA also?

    I started tabata on my elliptical the last few weeks. I should have done it yesterday but I was too sore from riding my horse for 4 hours on Sunday, mostly in my quads from posting. I was reading last night, where was it? About working out AFTER dinner? I think it was some Kruse stuff maybe. It was not in regards to fasting though, obviously

    Anyways, I started at about 6 last night.
    Imo, careful with the BCAAs & bone broth. As you know, the broth is quite nutrient & also calorically dense. Less is more while fasting, yeah... As for the BCAAs, I've read pros & cons to using them on a fast, am still undecided , therefore if it were me, I'd pass on them...

    It's kind of a non-issue for me as I priced them, & decided my homemade & bulk whey & quality proteins do the trick nicely for less money. I already take several food based/derived supplements, like chlorella, Betain HCL acid, broad spectrum digestive enzymes & probiotic powder mixed into my yogurt & kefir...
    Last edited by Betorq; 10-02-2012 at 07:14 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  3. #383
    Leida's Avatar
    Leida is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,800
    I have a dental surgery tomorrow, at 1 pm, so I will be fasting tomorrow for at least 20 hours from tonight's dinner. I don't like the idea, but what can you do. I just hope I will feel either will enough to drink a high cal smoothie from eggs, coconut milk and nuts after the surgery or bad enough to not experience hunger. I need a night of sleep more than anything else in the world, and something always happens, that it gets totally disturbed, so a hungry night is not what I need at all.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

  4. #384
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Imo, careful with the BCAAs & bone broth. As you know, the broth is quite nutrient & also calorically dense. Less is more while fasting,
    gotcha. I was going to try to do as little as possible of any of it, try. Sometimes just a little salt water does the trick, and that sounds good right now.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  5. #385
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    I like kimchi juice the best while fasting, & most every morning upon my dance in the kitchen... It's got salt, cayenne, garlic juices, probiotics & enzymes galore. Gets me blood & bowels moving!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  6. #386
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    I like kimchi juice the best while fasting, & most every morning upon my dance in the kitchen... It's got salt, cayenne, garlic juices, probiotics & enzymes galore. Gets me blood & bowels moving!
    Homemade brew? I havent tried any yet, not even sure where to buy it if I can't make it.

    Oh, I tasted my kraut this morning. Tasting pretty darn good! Needs to go longer though but it is getting there
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  7. #387
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Homemade brew? I havent tried any yet, not even sure where to buy it if I can't make it.

    Oh, I tasted my kraut this morning. Tasting pretty darn good! Needs to go longer though but it is getting there
    PM me your address. I'll ship some to you. It's potent home brew, I have 4 versions, all 1 month + old & fully fermented :
    1)Traditional kick ass kimchi: napa, garlic, cayenne powder, onion, salt, water. VERY strong stuff!
    2) Whole garlics, from my buddy's garden, some onion slices & cayenne powder added into it too. Actually the fermentation takes about 50% of the kick out of them, not sure how, but I suspect the allicin etc is transformed. Easy to eat 2-4 a day, as a preventative to getting flu or any other kind of sickness. Doesn't stink up the breath or sweat, again somehow the fermentation process deactivated that stink factor in the garlic.
    3) Jalapeno, reds & greens, some onion, napa kimchi cabbage & juice starter from previous batches, salt, water. Strong!
    4) Green Chilli Salsa: added pureed raw onions & raw garlic. If the garlic pickles are reduced 50%, this green salsa is 4x stronger. It potentized the hell outta this! Maybe the double fermentation process I put these bottles through had something to do with it.

    PM me. I can send you a little, as starter for your own, or some quantity that you can afford & enjoy...

    I also do honey fermented garlic slices & ginger slices, of course sauerkraut, as well as fruit juices using water kefir grains, milk kefir, milk yogurt, coconut yogurt, coconut kefir, fermented chocolate drinks of all kinds (mildly fermented as not to offset the chocolate & mildly banana & stevia sweet taste), ketsup, hell any veggies, tomatoes, cukes, red & bell peppers, medleys of whatever is coming out of the garden. Have some white radishes/daikons setting up on the fridge... Kombucha of course
    Last edited by Betorq; 10-02-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  8. #388
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Sounds fantastic!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  9. #389
    lissee's Avatar
    lissee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    260
    Need some help remembering, sorry for the info-dump request!

    I read through the thread back in mid-September, right when my life got a little crazy. Loved what I read here, and all the links, and the videos, and the youtube clips from everyone! (Thanks again.) And everything was clear in my mind. Of course, now 2-3 weeks later, I can't remember as well.

    I'm on leave right now from work, (have the next couple of weeks off) and this morning, i found myself thinking about fasting again, then I realized that I don't have anything holding me back from trying for a 3 or 4 day fast. (Yes, I realize that most of you all have graduated to the 2 day fast, but I think that I would like to start with a longer fast to kick start things, and then just do 2 day fasts after that.)

    Okay, so I'm hoping that you can help me with lessons learned from this thread, here's what I remember, if you could help fill in the gaps, it would be great.

    1) For women in particular, and longer fasts, it's important to eat some calories each day to keep the body from going into starvation mode, stopping your cycle, and other things. Fat bombs are perfect for this, coconut oil is best because of the medium-chain fatty acids. I can't remember how many calories of fat we're supposed to aim for... 200? 500?

    2) Supplement with salt to keep dizzyness and other issues away.

    3) Instead of eating a 50 calorie packet of soup 2x/day (packets of soup were used in the fasting documentary), it's better to have some fermented veggies to keep the digestive processes functioning (at least minimally.) (I'm not suggesting that you should eat 50 calories worth of kraut, just that part of those calories should be kraut. )

    4) Bone broth is good, but don't drink a ton of it while fasting.

    5) Exercise is okay to do, but expect your performance levels to decrease somewhat, especially when you're new to fasting while exercising.

    Okay, so what did I miss on the basics of what to do while doing a long fast?

  10. #390
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by lissee View Post
    Need some help remembering, sorry for the info-dump request!

    I read through the thread back in mid-September, right when my life got a little crazy. Loved what I read here, and all the links, and the videos, and the youtube clips from everyone! (Thanks again.) And everything was clear in my mind. Of course, now 2-3 weeks later, I can't remember as well.

    I'm on leave right now from work, (have the next couple of weeks off) and this morning, i found myself thinking about fasting again, then I realized that I don't have anything holding me back from trying for a 3 or 4 day fast. (Yes, I realize that most of you all have graduated to the 2 day fast, but I think that I would like to start with a longer fast to kick start things, and then just do 2 day fasts after that.)

    Okay, so I'm hoping that you can help me with lessons learned from this thread, here's what I remember, if you could help fill in the gaps, it would be great.

    1) For women in particular, and longer fasts, it's important to eat some calories each day to keep the body from going into starvation mode, stopping your cycle, and other things. Fat bombs are perfect for this, coconut oil is best because of the medium-chain fatty acids. I can't remember how many calories of fat we're supposed to aim for... 200? 500?

    2) Supplement with salt to keep dizzyness and other issues away.

    3) Instead of eating a 50 calorie packet of soup 2x/day (packets of soup were used in the fasting documentary), it's better to have some fermented veggies to keep the digestive processes functioning (at least minimally.) (I'm not suggesting that you should eat 50 calories worth of kraut, just that part of those calories should be kraut. )

    4) Bone broth is good, but don't drink a ton of it while fasting.

    5) Exercise is okay to do, but expect your performance levels to decrease somewhat, especially when you're new to fasting while exercising.

    Okay, so what did I miss on the basics of what to do while doing a long fast?
    You pretty much summed it all up. Well done, young jedi!

    The calorie thing, I interpret & keep the 50 calories max @ a time, of coconut oil or kraut, in mind when I'm about to put something calorific in my mouth while fasting. Yes, for the ladies, staying vigilant in protecting/healing & not hurting your endocrine systems, is paramount if you have health issues or are ultra-sensitive to changes, going into the fasting experience for the 1st x amount of times...

    Pure water fasting for the 1st 18-30 hours won't hurt any healthy person, imo. Good luck & welcome!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •