Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 38

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mine went awry. But I did keep things in check and have lost a couple pounds this week. Seems like I gain during the middle of the month. It takes me the last week of the month to get it back off and maybe a little extra, and then I make some forward progress the first week of the month. Weird, I know but that has been my pattern the last few months.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdarbs View Post
    Does turmeric in your BP coffee break the fast?
    Nope. It's fine.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdarbs View Post
    Does turmeric in your BP coffee break the fast?
    My initial question would be does turmeric in your coffee even sound good. But now that you've brought it up, I might have to try it. Does this have some basis in a cultural norm somewhere? I've never heard of it.

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    My initial question would be does turmeric in your coffee even sound good. But now that you've brought it up, I might have to try it. Does this have some basis in a cultural norm somewhere? I've never heard of it.
    Sound good? Not at all. But I can't taste it; I'm guessing both being bitter. I couldn't even defend a reason why I tried it - health benefits of turmeric, for sure, other than that - I've got nothing. I love it, though!

I havent been able to drink my BPC of late. I just wasnt digging it. And I think that is partial why my fasting didnt go as planned. That and a few higher carbs for the day before, but still within the curve for losing. I was just plain ole hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I havent been able to drink my BPC of late. I just wasnt digging it. And I think that is partial why my fasting didnt go as planned. That and a few higher carbs for the day before, but still within the curve for losing. I was just plain ole hungry.
    I'm not really losing any weight, but I am getting leaner & more cut. I seem to have settled in @ 150lbs, which appeals to the type A side of my personality. Nice even number... I too have cut back on weekend indulgences like Sat/Sun BPCs & even bacon, though my bacon is TJs non-nitrate, non-nitrite, non-steroid/hormone/antibiotics & is lean (for bacon).

I am eating more protein than my normal high fat diet & allowing myself to have some more chocolate delights I make myself (except for the truffles from Chocolat , a local cacao shop).
    I am trying to gain 3-5lbs of muscle in the coming months... I'm a hard-gainer, so it's a struggle to gain muscle (fat is ez, just eat as normal & do diddly for exercise...).

I'm eating 1.5 - 2 meals most days, still fasting +- 48 hrs every week. This seems to be working for me.

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    I had prepared DH's meals so I could fast Mon-Wed but had a mom emergency, so it was good that I had the meals ready for DH since I had to leave town.. but I did great eating the right stuff while away. Mom still freaked because I wouldn't eat excessive carbs and gooey desserts her neighbor "went to all that trouble to make". It's so cool to me AND easy that I can ignore Bad Food and never feel deprived. Will do the same preps this weekend and should be on for Mon-Wed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    I'm eating 1.5 - 2 meals most days, still fasting +- 48 hrs every week. This seems to be working for me.
    That's about where I am at, except my 48s havent gone exactly as planned, but I just need to get my head in the game. I had been experimenting around with macros and calories, and really it doesnt seem to matter what those numbers are. I lose and I gain regardless it seems, so I can't really figure myself out. I havent taken any supplements this week or so, and I don't know if I was lacking something that made me hungry for something? Not drinking my BPC probably made me hungry. I thawed out some bone broth but forgot to reach for that or kraut first. My bad on that. Also, the other area lacking, was moving. So I started faithfully doing tabata this week. That might have increased my appetitie a little. I did just a little ST but nothing to write home about. I want to do my 48's faithfully also, and I think I need to just do them on Tuesday & Wednesday. That is when the least amount of ppl are here so those are light cooking days. That will give me Monday to lower carbs & prepare. Also part of it, I have produce and yogurts, etc in the frig that I know needs used up. I have been freezing some of it, but now the freezers are packed. I guess I need to get out the dehydrator.

I probably shouldn't have to plan my 48's on a schedule like that, but I think I need to right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    That's about where I am at, except my 48s havent gone exactly as planned, but I just need to get my head in the game. I had been experimenting around with macros and calories, and really it doesnt seem to matter what those numbers are. I lose and I gain regardless it seems, so I can't really figure myself out. I havent taken any supplements this week or so, and I don't know if I was lacking something that made me hungry for something? Not drinking my BPC probably made me hungry. I thawed out some bone broth but forgot to reach for that or kraut first. My bad on that. Also, the other area lacking, was moving. So I started faithfully doing tabata this week. That might have increased my appetitie a little. I did just a little ST but nothing to write home about. I want to do my 48's faithfully also, and I think I need to just do them on Tuesday & Wednesday. That is when the least amount of ppl are here so those are light cooking days. That will give me Monday to lower carbs & prepare. Also part of it, I have produce and yogurts, etc in the frig that I know needs used up. I have been freezing some of it, but now the freezers are packed. I guess I need to get out the dehydrator.

I probably shouldn't have to plan my 48's on a schedule like that, but I think I need to right now.
    We'd be in sync, as I'm actually doing my fasts from Monday dinner to Wednesday dinner. That was my pattern the last 2 weeks & this past Wed night was the break-the-fast for Yom Kippur. This coming week, I'm flying to San Diego on Wednesday. Will be fasting since Tuesday's breakfast, will be fasting still on that flight & will break my fast on Thursday morning @ breakfast in S.D.

I find that after a weekend of running around, I like to get back on track w/ fasting Monday - Wed. Plus I'm more productive/creative @ work, not having to think about, cook, eat & clean up dishes and clean the stove and/or the kitchen.. It gives me a jump on the work week & I can slack off a bit Thurs & Friday, yeah!
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-28-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Sounds like a plan!

I changed up my coffee. 1TBL cream w/.5 Coconut oil. I dont know if it will do the same as BPC, maybe not enough fat but it is tasty this morning. Hitting the spot

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast