Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Actually, I do take off my shoes while in my chair. It's too hot & stuffy otherwise
    To refresh - that was a reference to the input from barefoot genital.

Yeah, I got that reference. I was making a joke, but in all seriousness I really DO take off my shoes while in my seat.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

k well I am sipping my coffee. I was hungrier yesterday than normal. But I had a few more carbs than normal on Sunday (family dinner) and I had a few more carbs yesterday (half a cantaloupe for one thing) so I am a tad hungry but will push through. I want to get the dairy out of my system. Butter doesnt count, right? I just now thought of that.

But I think I might have issues with dairy. I have had dairy all my life, in varying amounts, and I had some different yogurt the other day and realized how much stuffier I got later. And I am always a little stuffy, I just thought due to outside allergies, I really didnt know nor pay attention. I just thought it was the way it was. But I had it two days in a row before I made the connection. So now I am wondering about my relationship with dairy. uggh

How long does it take to get stuff like that out of your system? I might do the whole 30 starting with this fast.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I'm sipping my BP coffee. On last week's fast, I had BP coffee and sauerkraut. I'll forego the kraut today. I still don't feel like I'm truly fasting when I'm enjoying fat in my coffee.

I can tell ya the salt water this morning? I actually enjoyed. Never thought that would "hit the spot"

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    The first thing one of my friends said to me when I told her I was fermenting vegetables, was 'Watch out for botulism!' I explained that the fermenting action doesn't leave the vegetables in the right state for botulism to occur, and yet, next time I pulled out my sauerkraut, her words echoed in my ears.
    Conditions that favor botulism include a high-moisture, low-salt, low-acid environment in which food is stored without oxygen or refrigeration.
    Colorado State University: Botulism

That kind of ferment is a lactic-ferment. The lactic acid should produce an acidic environment. And if it didn't ferment, you'd soon know. It wouldn't taste or smell or even look right.

As for "low salt" -- you should be safe there. I assume you added plenty of salt. The main reason for adding salt to these ferments is, I take it, to inhibit bacteria other than the lactobacilli -- they don't mind it.

Yes, it is funny. Intellectually I KNEW there could be no botulism in there, but emotionally...somehow my mind started making stories of a new, exotic botulism that could only thrive in MY sauerkraut!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    a new, exotic botulism that could only thrive in MY sauerkraut!
    and maybe mine too. I went to my pantry the other day, thought it smelled like a dead mouse. But I think it might be my kraut

26.5 hours in and I'm getting ready to go to bed kinda hungry. I had about a tablespoon of butter in my coffee this morning, and that's been it for any calories. I have a 6:30 am, 1 hour meeting tomorrow, then will hit Starbucks for a bit - I don't know if I'll have regular coffee or a cappucino. Should be home by 9 a.m. or so and will get on some bacon and eggs.
    Had a pretty good workout today - Convict Conditioning. I've just completed a level on my squats, so will next move from half-squats to full squats. The fasted workout is really no problem and I am definitely getting stronger.

heatherdarbs Guest
    Shop Now
    Does turmeric in your BP coffee break the fast?