Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 37

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Actually, I do take off my shoes while in my chair. It's too hot & stuffy otherwise
    To refresh - that was a reference to the input from barefoot genital.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I got that reference. I was making a joke, but in all seriousness I really DO take off my shoes while in my seat.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    k well I am sipping my coffee. I was hungrier yesterday than normal. But I had a few more carbs than normal on Sunday (family dinner) and I had a few more carbs yesterday (half a cantaloupe for one thing) so I am a tad hungry but will push through. I want to get the dairy out of my system. Butter doesnt count, right? I just now thought of that.

But I think I might have issues with dairy. I have had dairy all my life, in varying amounts, and I had some different yogurt the other day and realized how much stuffier I got later. And I am always a little stuffy, I just thought due to outside allergies, I really didnt know nor pay attention. I just thought it was the way it was. But I had it two days in a row before I made the connection. So now I am wondering about my relationship with dairy. uggh

How long does it take to get stuff like that out of your system? I might do the whole 30 starting with this fast.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I'm sipping my BP coffee. On last week's fast, I had BP coffee and sauerkraut. I'll forego the kraut today. I still don't feel like I'm truly fasting when I'm enjoying fat in my coffee.

I can tell ya the salt water this morning? I actually enjoyed. Never thought that would "hit the spot"

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    The first thing one of my friends said to me when I told her I was fermenting vegetables, was 'Watch out for botulism!' I explained that the fermenting action doesn't leave the vegetables in the right state for botulism to occur, and yet, next time I pulled out my sauerkraut, her words echoed in my ears.
    Conditions that favor botulism include a high-moisture, low-salt, low-acid environment in which food is stored without oxygen or refrigeration.
    Colorado State University: Botulism

That kind of ferment is a lactic-ferment. The lactic acid should produce an acidic environment. And if it didn't ferment, you'd soon know. It wouldn't taste or smell or even look right.

As for "low salt" -- you should be safe there. I assume you added plenty of salt. The main reason for adding salt to these ferments is, I take it, to inhibit bacteria other than the lactobacilli -- they don't mind it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it is funny. Intellectually I KNEW there could be no botulism in there, but emotionally...somehow my mind started making stories of a new, exotic botulism that could only thrive in MY sauerkraut!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    a new, exotic botulism that could only thrive in MY sauerkraut!
    and maybe mine too. I went to my pantry the other day, thought it smelled like a dead mouse. But I think it might be my kraut

26.5 hours in and I'm getting ready to go to bed kinda hungry. I had about a tablespoon of butter in my coffee this morning, and that's been it for any calories. I have a 6:30 am, 1 hour meeting tomorrow, then will hit Starbucks for a bit - I don't know if I'll have regular coffee or a cappucino. Should be home by 9 a.m. or so and will get on some bacon and eggs.
    Had a pretty good workout today - Convict Conditioning. I've just completed a level on my squats, so will next move from half-squats to full squats. The fasted workout is really no problem and I am definitely getting stronger.

heatherdarbs Guest
    Does turmeric in your BP coffee break the fast?

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast