Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 24

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Well hey! I'm also planning a tri-tip roast for my break-the-fast. Decided to extend my time a little bit, to 8:30pm, making it a nice round 100 hours! Cool huh?! And also like you, I was feeling a bit spacey late yesterday & last night, was very busy & productive but felt weird. Drinking loads of kimchi & sauerkraut juices, detoxing coz I'm visiting the throne quite a lot though what little solids I'm eating is only miniscule pieces of kimchi/sauerkraut that go along with & aren't strained out of the juice when I funnel it into my drinking glass. So old stuff coming out, & had a headache last night that wasn't a salt or mineral thing. Pretty sure it was a detox thing...

I'm thinking that I ought to do some more research over the weekend (reading online info & drinking the stuff lol) on fasting on fermented pickle juices. I think I may have stumbled onto something very cool...
    Really? My digestive system seems to have taken a holiday.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    In my experience & my informed opinion, based on what I've read, I'd say more stuff has been coming out of my rear end & been eaten up internally, ie detoxed, than on plain water. I've been doing enemas, colonics & cleansing, water fasting since the late 1980s when I was @ university. I skipped about a decade & resumed colonics in the late 90s. My next door neighbor was a naturopath & I learned & did a lot with him while in school...
    how do you cook your tri-tip roast? i usually make a lot of chuck roast but am looking at trying some other cuts. You guys are doing awesome! I envy yall for making i so far

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird - when I was on my 21 day fast and drinking coffee, my digestive system was rather active the first week. This time, no coffee, and nothing has passed since Tuesday morning.

BennettC - Tri-tip is about the easiest cut to cook, but overcooking it will make it tough. It's different than a Chuck Roast in that regard. I usually get one about 3 pounds, salt and pepper it and let it come to room temperature for at least an hour. Then throw that baby on the Weber, making sure the coals are all white-ash, and give it 25-30 minutes for medium rare. MMMMMmmmmmm.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Kind of dragging today~ it's been raining (unusual) and all I want to do is curl up in a chair with a good book. Thinking about breaking today instead of tomorrow, but I think it's more boredom than a need to eat. I have noticed that I want to nibble when bored~ Tomorrow is the family birthdays dinner and I most definitely will be eating then!

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    I'm going another 2.5 hours. I'm feeling great, although I've suddenly developed this congestion in my throat and am clearing my throat about every 30 seconds. Weird.

Found my pemmican supply tucked in the cupboard. Made this about 6 or 8 months ago, so this will be a good test of how well the stuff keeps - it looks fine and smells great.

Nady - how was Jerome? Did you stay overnight? I've been through there 3 times, but have never stayed. Have stayed in Prescott and Oak Creek Canyon as I prefer to be closer to fishing. But I'd like to try Jerome sometime.

Goombi is offline Member
    Strayed off eating clean for a bit and felt this might be a good way to get back on the wagon.

First time fasting and did 56 hours. Water/salt/tea/black coffee.

Feeling really good and thinking of doing one monthly now and extending the duration over time.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Awesome you guys!

I have been hungrier today than I can remember for a long time. uggghhh But I have been busier outside doing manual labor the past few days, being productive and getting stuff done And I have had all good stuff, nothing bad, just more of it. And my calories are 1976! I havent had that many calories in over 9 or 10 months! Macros are 39 net carbs, protein 134, and fat is 127. Can't believe it.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Nady - how was Jerome? Did you stay overnight? I've been through there 3 times, but have never stayed. Have stayed in Prescott and Oak Creek Canyon as I prefer to be closer to fishing. But I'd like to try Jerome sometime.
    No overnighter, just a daytrip~ but I bet one of those hotels would be a blast! Wonder if any of them have ghosts

Had a great time seeing the sights~ such a fascinating 'old' town.

Paleobird Guest
    Well, never got around to making that tri tip since I spent most of the day in the doctor's office with my Dad. He's got some kind of infection in his leg. But there were lab tests to be done and prescriptions to fill and the whole thing was pretty exhausting.

So, by the time we got home it was too late to start a roast and Dad just wanted a quick bite and then to get some rest so I fixed him a bowl of leftover stew.

I think I'm going to have bone marrow for my breaking fast meal. Lots of bone marrow. A whole big cookie tray of bones.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Marrow bones... your making my mouth water. do you order them online?

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast