Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 432

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 23

  1. #221
    Nady's Avatar
    Nady is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,263
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post

    On that article, the 7 - 10 day thing, I think can be shortened if you are already in ketosis to begin with. Save a couple of days. JMO though. Seems as though 7 days should suffice.
    My experience~ fasting from a ketosis start (VLC for 3 days before) Did a fast back in March~ lost +/- 10 pounds in seven days. Have kept it off. Did a second fast in June~ 4 days, lost about 6 pounds, gained half back. I think there may be something to this idea of hitting the peak of fatty acid burn at 10 days (7 if in ketosis first?) Because it's a given that water weight will return~ but fat loss can be maintained!

  2. #222
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Well, three days down and one to go. I started feeling a bit spacey and light headed this afternoon so I sipped on some "pickle juice" from a jar sauerkraut and that seems to have worked.

    I'm planning a nice tri-tip roast for tomorrow night's dinner.

  3. #223
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    My experience~ fasting from a ketosis start (VLC for 3 days before) Did a fast back in March~ lost +/- 10 pounds in seven days. Have kept it off.
    That is what I find also. Well I havent done days before, this was my first extended days, and only 2, but already being low carb (I think ketosis or close) so whatever weight I do lose when I fast, however long the fast, stays off so I feel it is fat (or whatever other goodies it is munching on besides just water loss)
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  4. #224
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    My experience~ fasting from a ketosis start (VLC for 3 days before) Did a fast back in March~ lost +/- 10 pounds in seven days. Have kept it off. Did a second fast in June~ 4 days, lost about 6 pounds, gained half back. I think there may be something to this idea of hitting the peak of fatty acid burn at 10 days (7 if in ketosis first?) Because it's a given that water weight will return~ but fat loss can be maintained!
    Agree. That's why I'm leaning towards doing a 10 day pickle juice fast in Hawaii in November. It'll be fine, as I'll be there for 3+ weeks in total. Plenty of days to enjoy the fruityful bounty of the Big Island.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  5. #225
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well, three days down and one to go. I started feeling a bit spacey and light headed this afternoon so I sipped on some "pickle juice" from a jar sauerkraut and that seems to have worked.

    I'm planning a nice tri-tip roast for tomorrow night's dinner.
    Well hey! I'm also planning a tri-tip roast for my break-the-fast. Decided to extend my time a little bit, to 8:30pm, making it a nice round 100 hours! Cool huh?! And also like you, I was feeling a bit spacey late yesterday & last night, was very busy & productive but felt weird. Drinking loads of kimchi & sauerkraut juices, detoxing coz I'm visiting the throne quite a lot though what little solids I'm eating is only miniscule pieces of kimchi/sauerkraut that go along with & aren't strained out of the juice when I funnel it into my drinking glass. So old stuff coming out, & had a headache last night that wasn't a salt or mineral thing. Pretty sure it was a detox thing...

    I'm thinking that I ought to do some more research over the weekend (reading online info & drinking the stuff lol) on fasting on fermented pickle juices. I think I may have stumbled onto something very cool...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  6. #226
    Piscator's Avatar
    Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    403
    I'm at nearly 81 hours and will go 90. Some of you are taking it farther, although I've had nothing but water and salt. Last night got a bit tough with the hunger but I feel really good this morning. I advanced through my CC Jackknife Squats yesterday - 3 sets of 40. I'll be doing the incline pushups and horizontal pulls today. My weight is 10 pounds higher than when I finished my 21 day fast, but seems like I look leaner. I can't imagine having put on 10 pounds of muscle from working out, but in any case my weight seems to be re-distributing. I still have a very small amount of fat on my belly - frustrating, but I will prevail.
    I'll be breaking my fast with homemade pemmican and probably sauerkraut - I have 3 2-pound crocks of kraut and 2 of them should be ready. Oh, and it's Friday, so I will have beer. Yes, I know this probaby doesn't help to diminish the fat.

  7. #227
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    but in any case my weight seems to be re-distributing.
    Redistribution is good. I know not to put too much stock in the scale for reasons such as you mention. I also have a good deal to lose yet so the weight loss is great for me to see. I do also take measurements too.

    I think I have had more energy the last few days. Been a little more productive outside. We finally had some rain and a break in the drought so that was inspiring also. I have started to get back outside and get things done. It feels good, great even
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  8. #228
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    I'm at nearly 81 hours and will go 90. Some of you are taking it farther, although I've had nothing but water and salt. Last night got a bit tough with the hunger but I feel really good this morning. I advanced through my CC Jackknife Squats yesterday - 3 sets of 40. I'll be doing the incline pushups and horizontal pulls today. My weight is 10 pounds higher than when I finished my 21 day fast, but seems like I look leaner. I can't imagine having put on 10 pounds of muscle from working out, but in any case my weight seems to be re-distributing. I still have a very small amount of fat on my belly - frustrating, but I will prevail.
    I'll be breaking my fast with homemade pemmican and probably sauerkraut - I have 3 2-pound crocks of kraut and 2 of them should be ready. Oh, and it's Friday, so I will have beer. Yes, I know this probaby doesn't help to diminish the fat.
    In my experience & my informed opinion, based on what I've read, I'd say more stuff has been coming out of my rear end & been eaten up internally, ie detoxed, than on plain water. I've been doing enemas, colonics & cleansing, water fasting since the late 1980s when I was @ university. I skipped about a decade & resumed colonics in the late 90s. My next door neighbor was a naturopath & I learned & did a lot with him while in school...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  9. #229
    eroc's Avatar
    eroc is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Raleigh Nc
    Posts
    2
    I made it to 70 hours well past my previous 32 hr. fast. Was feeling light headed and coworkers food smelled great. Must of over done it a little on the food as it went right throough me. Feel good today. Starting wt. 236 ending wt. 229. morning after wt.230. 6'2". Will try 2 - 24hr fast/wk. tue/thur. Thanks to Piscator for encouragement.

  10. #230
    Piscator's Avatar
    Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    403
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Betorq - I'll consider doing it with the BP coffee and some kraut juice next time. However, from what I've read, caffeine interrupts autophagy. I'm wondering if the kraut juice does that as well.

    How's your CC routine coming along? I just did 1 set of 40 incline pushups and didn't feel as strong as when I did them on Tuesday. Makes sense, but I'm still going to try to get through another 2 sets.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •