Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 21

cheffy is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks everybody for the advice!

Another question,

What's everybody planning on breaking their fast with??
    Do you think it would be better for your metabolism to have a large meal? Or just a normal sized meal?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Yer velcum!

I was thinking along the same lines, do a 48 hr fast every week (maybe middle of week, like Tues-Wed). Then twice a year, spring & fall, do a 10 day fast. I could do my 10 day while I'm in Hawaii this November. But it'd be a challenge there (I'm already projecting...), with all the free indigenous strawberry papayas (little apricot sizes native ones), regular papayas from my buddy's trees where I'm staying & all the free avocados & passion fruits I have access to.

Update: At 42 hour mark now, was a little dizzy 1st thing this morning after awakening & bouncing up off the floor too quickly. It was ok, as I leaned against a chair, & put my head low between my legs til it passed. It reminds me of something I read recently, that the main danger from fasting was bruised or broken bones from patients standing up too quickly & falling down on hard hospital ward floors. Ha! Took a walk to the bank & back after sucking down my BP Coffee w/ 1 tsp coconut oil & 1 tsp cinnamon. Hunger has left me, feeling good, humming feeling has replaced the hunger emptiness in my belly. I did my regular Planks routine, still need to do the Convict Conditioning routine this morning. It's very cool cause it can be done practically anywhere & requires no equipment or being in a gym. I have an appt today @ a gourmet Mexican restaurant, food will be ordered & consumed(not by me!) & I feel perfectly fine going into that lovely odorous & tasty environment... I so love doing this!
    I bounced up quickly because my pot of Crio Bru was trying to boil over. Got a serious case of hang on to the counter until the gray edges around everything go away. I made myself a big glass of Pelegrino on the rocks with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt and that seems to have solved the problem. It is also pretty hot here today.

Thanks for posting that article Betorq. Very thought provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    40 hours 40minute in
    But who's counting?

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Broke my 21 day fast with pemmican. Normally, pemmican isn't very tasty. It was absolute heaven as a fastbreaker. Had about 3.5 ounces then, and then went to bed. This time, my fast will end Friday evening, so I'll probably break with some pemmican and then wait a couple of hours and have whatever the hell else I want.
    I've seen all over the internet about breaking a fast with raw fruits or vegetables. The logic is that the body cannot immediately digest protein and fat. That sounds like complete vegan propoganda: during a fast your body is living off of fat. I've broken a fast with a salad, and then spent the next several hours visiting the bathroom - not fun.

Paleobird Guest
    I was thinking about making a loaf of Free the Animal Fat Bread for my break-fast food.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I had salmon and eggs, and romaine salad. Weird I know, but it tasted great.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

cheffy is offline Member
    Thinking about ending at 72 hours. Feeling kinda weird?? I don't feel weak, but I don't feel strong. Not tired but not energetic. I feel like I could float away. I feel kind of buzzy. I dont feel bad, but i dont feel good. I just feel really different. And for the first time since starting the fast, the thought or sight of food makes me ravenous. Is this "true hunger"?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I've had sashimi several times to break my fast, and had no problems with digestion. Scrambled eggs, also.

eroc is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Come on, I just talked my brother into going at least a day!
    Piscator,
    Made it 50hrs, my longest yet. Will attempt 96.
    Eroc

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    Thinking about ending at 72 hours. Feeling kinda weird?? I don't feel weak, but I don't feel strong. Not tired but not energetic. I feel like I could float away. I feel kind of buzzy. I dont feel bad, but i dont feel good. I just feel really different. And for the first time since starting the fast, the thought or sight of food makes me ravenous. Is this "true hunger"?
    I'm feeling the same. Thinking of breaking my fast with sour milk and raw eggs. Or do you guys think I would be better off with plain raw milk and eggs?

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, 48 hours in and none the worse for wear. I haven't been bulletproofing anything just a drizzle of lime in my mineral water. And there are a few calories in Crio Bru but I'm still under 50 a day.

I got breakfast and dinner for Dad without feeling like I wanted to steal it. Both yesterday and today the hunger seemed to come in a wave right around mid day but then it's gone and I'm fine.

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast