Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 20

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    44 hours into it. Took a work break just now to do CC: 2 sets of 20 slow pushups (the last 20 were tougher than yesterday when I had more glucose in my body), 2 sets of 30 squats with feet & arms in 2 diff positions (last 20 were also tougher). Attempted pull ups, not gonna happen today... Did Planks this morning, which were tough as usual, but had all my morning energy then. Unlike now as it feels like I'm burning on ketones at least partially, not glycogens... but who knows as I don't use keto-stix nor a monitor.

I'm definitely intending on going for 96 hours, a full 4 days, unless something untoward occurs which I highly doubt.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Thank you so much for this!

Just a drive-by post~ we're ready to walk out the door for hubby's b'day daytrip! Planning on breaking for an early dinner, going to keep it super low carb and then back on board tomorrow. Have another break for the family b'day celebration on Saturday~ can you believe we have three birthdays all within days of each other? Anyway, I'm seriously thinking about starting up again on Sunday and taking it several more days~ that article (linked above) really has me thinking~ it's probably a good time to do some 'housecleaning'!

Catch you all later!

Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    At the 62 hour mark. Can't believe. I'm doing so well. Was not hungry at all this morning when i woke up, and I'm still not. Although, I am feeling a little weak/tired. Any tips of how to beat this? Or is this a sign that I should end the fast?

Btw, lost 4 lbs so far. This seems to be the norm from what I'm reading
    If you're not hungry, by all means, why not keep going? We all know that only good things can happen, as long as you don't fit into any of those contraindications in my former pasted post. Recommendations: BP coffee w/ a level tsp of coconut or butter (ghee is better as its pure fat). Or do what I've been doing, drink kimchi or sauerkraut juice. The spicy kimchi juice I chugged before CCing, made me go to the ceramic throne within minutes to make a deposit!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    At the 62 hour mark. Can't believe. I'm doing so well. Was not hungry at all this morning when i woke up, and I'm still not. Although, I am feeling a little weak/tired. Any tips of how to beat this? Or is this a sign that I should end the fast?

Btw, lost 4 lbs so far. This seems to be the norm from what I'm reading
    This is from BPdude:
    1 tsp of sea salt in the morning in a large glass of water (if it gives you diarrhea, reduce to 1/2 or 1/4 tsp). This gives you a small burst of energy in the A.M. Repeat the salt throughout the day if it tastes good or makes you feel better. At least a pinch in each glass of water is important for electrolyte formation.

If you ever feel tired or week, take up to 10-20 grams of L-Glutamine. Do not exceed 40 grams in a single day.

Everybody is doing great! I am back up to an 18+. Still debating.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

The sauerkraut & kimchi juice has sea salt in it, plus tons of enzymes & probiotics & spice baby spice...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Cheffy- when I was fasting for a longer stretch (4 1/2 days) I was surprised at how my energy level varied, completely independently of food consumption. I would feel tired for a bit, and then peppy again, for no reason that I could see. I figured my body was learning to generate energy from my stores, and just hadn't figured out how to do it evenly yet. Or maybe even energy levels are just a myth, and I was being schooled. Anyway, I would only use tiredness as a reason to stop if it is persistent (or you want to ). And good job on making 62 hours.

The longest I've fasted on water was four days (while simultaneously sitting in a cave). It was tough on day 2 but felt good the rest of the time. I had a lot of salt in my water.

I know others who broke their metabolisms with extended water fasts; it somehow seemed to cause thyroid problems. Don't know the mechanism, but I do know that fasting is good stuff in general!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofexec View Post
    The longest I've fasted on water was four days (while simultaneously sitting in a cave).
    4 days awesome! I dont have a cave, but I think next week I will try your Rapid Fat Loss Protocol. I am hoping I have a jump start since already low carbing, already been doing some fasts, so maybe it might be a fairly smooth transition. I think my head is in a good place to do this. I really can't start a long one until after Sunday night though.

I ate today but I could get another 48 in before Saturday. Uggh I have a board meeting tomorrow night... at the Mexican restaurant, so it might end up being a 24
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    40 hours 40minute in
    Still going strong but feel weak in my muscles. Tea is kinda giving me the jitters so im going to cut back on it

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    46 hours in which means I broke my personal best by 10 hours and I'm still going strong. Didn't take any measurements at the start of the fast so I'm not taking them now either, wouldn't know how much I lost anyway.

The only things I've been consuming are coffee and water, although the coffee has been affecting me more since nothing else is in my stomach. I also feel like the water is causing a little acid re-flux, anyone with ideas as to why this might be?

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast