Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 19

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    He just meant that you can't do a 48 hr. fast in one day!
    Heehee! I missed that.

gmatt is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    WTG! I need to watch that. I have the world's slowest high-speed internet so I don't watch many videos like that.
    Thanks gopintos. After reading Betorq's post above, it makes me want to go a little longer but it seems daunting to go past 4 or 5 days. But I have read that it gets easier after 3 days.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Heehee! I missed that.
    Me too! I get it now. I thought he was saying I couldnt do another 48 right off the heels of this 48, and while he was probably correct, part of me was thinking... I'll take that bet haha
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    WTG! I need to watch that. I have the world's slowest high-speed internet so I don't watch many videos like that.
    You can always download it in its complete form from the BBC site directly, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lxyzc its 1 hour. Then watch it at your leisure in the evening or over the weekend. Streaming on a slow connection sucks up band width & slowwwssss everything down. I found that the youtube vids, split into four 15 minute parts were good for finding certain specific parts for review, but the complete vid on BBC is more satisfying w/out clicking on those youtube vids repeatedly...
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-05-2012 at 07:19 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Particularly interesting is the section that notes where the body goes for protein during that first week: tumors, etc. Seems like an extended fast might be a good seasonal task to perform to 'sweep out' anything that is trying to set up house inside of your body. Intriguing. Thanks for the article, Betorq.
    Yer velcum!

I was thinking along the same lines, do a 48 hr fast every week (maybe middle of week, like Tues-Wed). Then twice a year, spring & fall, do a 10 day fast. I could do my 10 day while I'm in Hawaii this November. But it'd be a challenge there (I'm already projecting...), with all the free indigenous strawberry papayas (little apricot sizes native ones), regular papayas from my buddy's trees where I'm staying & all the free avocados & passion fruits I have access to.

Update: At 42 hour mark now, was a little dizzy 1st thing this morning after awakening & bouncing up off the floor too quickly. It was ok, as I leaned against a chair, & put my head low between my legs til it passed. It reminds me of something I read recently, that the main danger from fasting was bruised or broken bones from patients standing up too quickly & falling down on hard hospital ward floors. Ha! Took a walk to the bank & back after sucking down my BP Coffee w/ 1 tsp coconut oil & 1 tsp cinnamon. Hunger has left me, feeling good, humming feeling has replaced the hunger emptiness in my belly. I did my regular Planks routine, still need to do the Convict Conditioning routine this morning. It's very cool cause it can be done practically anywhere & requires no equipment or being in a gym. I have an appt today @ a gourmet Mexican restaurant, food will be ordered & consumed(not by me!) & I feel perfectly fine going into that lovely odorous & tasty environment... I so love doing this!
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-05-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Yer velcum!
    I meant to say thank you also. Very informational and I enjoyed it. And thanks for the direct link to BCC

I was modified and I had some bone broth which would have provided some of that protein, right? (looks like 4g per cup)
    In researching for another post, looks like my numbers are way off. Too high. Not sure where I got these numbers from the other day when I tracked it. I did grind everything up though. I didnt throw anything away.

anova01 is offline Member
    41 hours - broke my fast just now. It was my longest to date.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Tradawg got it - you can't do a 48 hour fast in one day. Gopintos - I admire you for considering it anyway - that's the kind of not-backing-down attitude I'd expect from the Primal community!

Annova01 - WTG!

Betorq - keep us posted on your CC routine. Yesterday I did the horizontal pulls, jacknife squates, flat bent leg raises and straight bridges. Incline pushups were on Monday. I'm taking the day off CC today, but will hike and/or fish this evening. I hiked about 3 miles last night - I have a dog, so no days off from hiking, or I pay for it.

I'm at about 34 hours right now and have had nothing but water. I'm a bit chilled this morning, but that's because it's in the low 60s in my house. Yes, autumn is coming soon! I have a 6:30 am meeting on Wednesdays, one hour from home. Was really wanting coffee on my drive there but I resisted. I still really want coffee. And I'm hungry, but it's not bad.

cheffy is offline Member
    At the 62 hour mark. Can't believe. I'm doing so well. Was not hungry at all this morning when i woke up, and I'm still not. Although, I am feeling a little weak/tired. Any tips of how to beat this? Or is this a sign that I should end the fast?

Btw, lost 4 lbs so far. This seems to be the norm from what I'm reading

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast