Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 17

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I got hungry about noon today but I decided to sublimate my desire for food by going shopping instead. I had fun buying cute short skirts (in size six! Still getting used to that.)

Made my dad a bowl of stew that he can reheat when he wants in his kitchen (Dad and I have two separate houses, just next door to each other.) So, I won't have to smell the cooking.

So far I have just had some iced decaf and some Crio Bru. Haven't felt the need for any bulletproofing.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Good work, Gopintos! A new personal best for you?
    ty ty tyvm

yes a new record for me. 48 hours and 30 minutes! ha

I am thinking of going again tomorrow. at least a 24 but maybe a 48 again.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I got hungry about noon today but I decided to sublimate my desire for food by going shopping instead. I had fun buying cute short skirts (in size six! Still getting used to that.)

Made my dad a bowl of stew that he can reheat when he wants in his kitchen (Dad and I have two separate houses, just next door to each other.) So, I won't have to smell the cooking.

So far I have just had some iced decaf and some Crio Bru. Haven't felt the need for any bulletproofing.
    Good work! And you're a few hours ahead of me, since I ate until 11 p.m. last night.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I am thinking of going again tomorrow. at least a 24 but maybe a 48 again.
    You're not going to be able to do 48 tomorrow, no matter how strong your intention.

anova01 is offline Member
    After that BP coffee I've felt great. Went for a 20 minute swim tonight and there was also a half an hour on the bike yesterday (plus 3 dog walks since the fast began). Going to bed now, we will see how hunger behaves itself. I may stick it out until dinner time or I may have breakfast or lunch. I got to where I wanted, and to the longest I've ever gone - I'm at almost 30 hours.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    today went well but had a small stumble tonight. saw and old friend and had 2 beers with him out of peer pressure. felt absolutely horrible after. ate 1 tbs of butter with my chamomile tea and immediately felt better. earlier i went for a 5 mile walk and did a pretty light strength session, probably less than 15 mins. it was the first ive done since i came down with a cold this time last week, but i just felt up to it. I will continue on with no food from here on out.

I was wondering if anyone Else's weight has dropped? Last night I was 161.5 and I weighed just now at 157.2 on the same scale. Is this just water weight? I am also concerned about my body eating my hard earned muscle for food so I will keep my walks light and brief and no more strength until I finish the fast.

Paleobird Guest
    I find I get more accurate data on weight if I pick one time of day with predictable circumstances and only weigh that once per day. So I weigh first thing in the morning after using the bathroom but before any food or drink.

There can be so many fluctuations within a 24 hour period that you will drive yourself nuts if you are jumping on and off the scale all the time.

Paleobird Guest
    I was remembering the guy in the BBC documentary really looking forward to his 50 calorie cup of miso soup and also what Nady said about salt intake so I've been nibbling a little bit on garlic salt. It seems to keep my taste buds happy while getting the salt I need. Just plain salt is kind of boring tasting to me.

It's evening now and I am definitely feeling hungry. Not weak or shaky at all, just hungry.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    I actually did weigh about this time last night, of course there could be plenty of other factors. I will make an effort to weight in the morning and thursday morning as well. I used to be a slave to the scale, but not anymore. Was just curious ab my weight since starting the fast. The hunger hasn't come on strong yet, but it was slightly noticeable around lunch today. I have a feeling around this time tomorrow it will really hit me. I have never gone more than 48 hours so this is about to get really interesting for me.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Is this the current fasting thread? I'll proceed with this post as if it as.....

I've been doing IF (one meal a day during weekdays) for 6+ weeks now. One thing I noticed at the outset was that I was getting cold hands and feet. A quick read around showed that it could be a disease, electrolyte deficiency, low cards, or low calories. To knock all of the non-disease options out I started stuffing myself with bananas and whipped cream. Problem solved. Cold hands went away (and I actually become quite hot at night).

But I wondered, was it the carbs, or was it the calories? So this week each night my 'dessert' has been three eggs cooked in butter and cream. Man, it is *real* hard to finish that on top of my normal first course(s).

The result: I haven't been feeling hot at night and my hands feel colder during the day.

So so far, it seems to me that there's something inherent in the carb-i-ness of my dessert that changes my metabolism and makes me warmer. Not just the calorie total.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 09-04-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast