Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 16

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Had my last calories by 11p.m. last night, so I haven't even gone 12 hours yet. Got up this morning and had a hot cup of nothing, with nothing in it. I did drink a small glass of water. It was a bit chilly in the house - low 60s, and the weather forecast shows 90 as the high through the week. That should mean I don't have to drink gallons of water - good.

Hey Betorq - I started the Convict Conditioning several weeks ago. I've advanced through several of the exercises, but haven't managed to clear 3 sets of 40 on the Incline Pushups yet. Yesterday I did 40, 33 and then 8. That slooooow motion exercise is a real challenge!

Happy fasting everyone!

cheffy is offline Member
    Already almost 40 hours into the fast (started on Monday for scheduling reasons), so this is already my longest fast ever! Was a little hungry for about 10 minutes this morning at 4:30 as I got ready for work, but other than that, it's been effortless as long as I stay somewhat busy! Feeling good and loving this havent had to consume any calories yet

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    had a hot cup of nothing, with nothing in it.
    Next time, you should try it with Nothing. Nom nom nom
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Oh geesh, DS18 just wandered in, wanting me to fix him something to eat. I said I would rather not because I am fasting. He eats about every 12 hours, so he gets it, except Mom usually fixes him something to eat. Although he can, and in the wee hours of the night he does... but anyways, that is not the story.

The story is, he wanted steak and eggs but I reminded him of some leftovers in the freezer, so that is going in the microwave and OMGosh it smells so good!! So good in fact, that I wanted to hurl. Not sure why I was feeling almost sick to my tummy. It was making me start to wonder if maybe I should go ahead and break fast with dinner at 48 hours. But it has pretty much passed now. The house still smells good (great!! actually) but I have resisted... so far...

anova01 is offline Member
    Woke up this morning hungry. Very well may be because of the high-carb dinner (chicken thighs and sweet potato) that wasn't intentional. I had planned to make the chicken with broccoli but I also ended up cooking for non-primal roommates. While it was abnormally carb-filled for me, my day was still under 100 grams carbs with about 85 grams of protein. Anyways, I was really hungry this morning. Had some mint tea on my way to campus (graduate student). A little after 3, I was hungry, and sleepy, and cold (wearing 2 sweatshirts in my office) so I took a walk and got some coffee. I decided to try putting 2 teaspoons of coconut oil into about 13-14 ounces of black coffee. I feel great now about 1/4 into it, so I don't anticipate getting hungry for the rest of the day as I still have quite a few things on the agenda.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

I went through that on my last fast with my wife cooking. I feel your pain. In fact, I'll probably feel it tonight when she gets home and prepares her meal.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Oh geesh, DS18 just wandered in, wanting me to fix him something to eat. I said I would rather not because I am fasting. He eats about every 12 hours, so he gets it, except Mom usually fixes him something to eat. Although he can, and in the wee hours of the night he does... but anyways, that is not the story.

The story is, he wanted steak and eggs but I reminded him of some leftovers in the freezer, so that is going in the microwave and OMGosh it smells so good!! So good in fact, that I wanted to hurl. Not sure why I was feeling almost sick to my tummy. It was making me start to wonder if maybe I should go ahead and break fast with dinner at 48 hours. But it has pretty much passed now. The house still smells good (great!! actually) but I have resisted... so far...
    Dropped off some kefir grains & kombucha babies to my buddy who works @ Whole Foods. Walked thru the entire periphery of the joint, smells & sights of cooked food galore, no desire in my mind or emotionally. I am still physically hungry some though, it'll pass...

Now @ 24 hour mark, been very busy & productive today. The only calories I've taken in are : 8 oz vinegary kombucha @ 10am, another 8 oz kombucha @ about 1pm or so after a 1/2 hour walk. Then 3pm 1/2 cuppa dark roast organic joe @ Whole Foods, pack of stevia & shot of half & half. I can feel the slight caffeine buzz but will exercise some more this evening & before it gets too late, will do my sleep supplements & try to get to bed earlier than normal.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

I made it. I think anyways cuz it sure does not seem like 48 hours. It seems like any other day when I am starting to get hungry for dinner. And since I havent started anything yet, I will be going past 48, but how much past is still TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    ... but how much past is still TBD.
    I can answer that. Within 30 minutes

PrimalCon New York
    Good work, Gopintos! A new personal best for you?

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast