Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 15

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No problem, Bennett. We are all still figuring things out and trying new things together. Actually you and Betorq have some things in common, both southern gentlemen with professional chef training.

I just had some guacamole to use up some avocados that weren't going to survive until Friday. So, it's on.
    sounds like your guac turned out good? Hope you enjoyed my story!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Past 36 now. Personal record. I am not really hungry but was sort of at bed time so I just went to bed. Had some "special" time with DH and he normally konks out while I have to get up and marathon houseclean, but not this time. I went to sleep, slept well - I usually wake up on and off HOT, but I didnt notice it until about 4 so I went ahead and got up.

I am sure DH will have his theory on what I need to do for a good night's sleep, could be the fasting, could have been just catching up with me, could have been my ice pack - probably a combination of all the above.

I did have BP coffee for breakfast, but only finished half my cup. I had a cup of bone broth for lunch and later a cup of sauerkraut w/CO.

I didnt have to cook for others, so that helped. This is a good time to clean out the freezer of leftovers.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

jtrain_36 is offline Member
    Well good thing I just saw this right now. I'm going to have to give this a shot as my longest fast is 36 hours and I'm always one for a challenge. I didn't read through the whole thread but I'm sure I can't be the only one still drinking coffee right?

I'm guessing as long as I keep the calories at 0 it's still technically a fast? I've heard of some people only consuming water but I still need coffee in the morning lol.

Cheers, and good luck to you all!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No problem, Bennett. We are all still figuring things out and trying new things together. Actually you and Betorq have some things in common, both southern gentlemen with professional chef training.

I just had some guacamole to use up some avocados that weren't going to survive until Friday. So, it's on.
    Yes, we do in fact. Thanks for pointing that out.

I did go to & read Bennett's story & it was pretty interesting, some tough breaks but he is fortunate to have found this path so early in life. I was young too, 23, when I turned my life around with some key major changes, but it took me til age 45 to learn about MDA.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Paleobird Guest
    Good morning all. The Crio Bru is bru-ing in a cauldron and the decaf coffee is perking in the Mr. Coffee pot. The house smells like a giant mocha bomb went off. Yumm.

I'm going to keep the bulletproofing of drinks as an option to use if I should need it but not go for that right away. I'm going to try to get out of the house today as much as possible after I make Dad's breakfast. His dinner is already done in the crockpot. i made a big beef heart stew last night.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Morning all~

Starting with my usual morning coffee too~ not the 'purist' this time around. My main goal is to drop some weight. Yes, I know, but my 63 birthday is in two months and I WILL NOT weigh this much on that date!

I will freely admit that I eat/drink too much~ just can't seem to adjust to the slower/senior metabolism, I want to eat until I'm full. So, it's just easier for me to eat nothing than stop after Lilliputian amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Morning all~
    Starting with my usual morning coffee too~ not the 'purist' this time around. My main goal is to drop some weight. Yes, I know, but my 63 birthday is in two months and I WILL NOT weigh this much on that date!
    I will freely admit that I eat/drink too much~ just can't seem to adjust to the slower/senior metabolism, I want to eat until I'm full. So, it's just easier for me to eat nothing than stop after Lilliputian amounts.
    I agree. It's much easier for me to fast, than it is to consistently control my portions.

This morning, I was up early, around 5:30 am, sans BP coffee, did my 1st Convict Conditioning session, feeling good & it feels physically and intuitively right to be segued into whole bodyweight fitness & away from weight lifting, which was hurting my back a little(squatting needs to done w/ progressively higher weights).

I'm a bit hungry now @ the 20 hour mark (I think its psychological as much as my tummy). Busy ass day, but I'm on it...

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Sounds yummy. I had a cup of BPC this morning. I have been up since 4am and starting to get hungry. I did drink a sea salt water w/slice of lemon. Then I had some green tea blend. Getting hungry so now I am having a cup of bone broth. Hopefully that will hold me for awhile. I just have to make it until 5. I am feeling really good. I am thinking of continuing on since the scale moved .9 pounds this morning. I am thinking if I take a BCAA supplement it might minimize muscle loss?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Sounds yummy. I had a cup of BPC this morning. I have been up since 4am and starting to get hungry. I did drink a sea salt water w/slice of lemon. Then I had some green tea blend. Getting hungry so now I am having a cup of bone broth. Hopefully that will hold me for awhile. I just have to make it until 5. I am feeling really good. I am thinking of continuing on since the scale moved .9 pounds this morning. I am thinking if I take a BCAA supplement it might minimize muscle loss?
    BCAA or pure whey, as long as its under that 50 calories, you'll be fine...

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good afternoon everyone. I had my last meal last night around 11:30, well over a quart of raw milk and 3 raw eggs. No I don't normally eat that late. Needless to say I may be going a few hours longer than most. I woke around 9, I am not hungry. Have had a few glasses of white tea which I have really taken a liking to. Going to go take the assessment for my G.E.D. classes now. Good luck everyone, enjoying the updates.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast