Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 14

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've found that zero calories isn't that difficult. From my perspective, adding calories - even if just a few - would make it more tempting to eat more. Salt may be necessary, but I found that even adding salt gives me food cravings.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    I'm in! I can do 60 hr. fasts fairly easily and I'm usually not hungry after-just eat cause I feel like I 'should', so this shouldn't be too much harder. My only difficulty with fasting is sleeping when I'm hungry-anyone have any tips for that?
    Chamomile tea always helps me sleep. I don't understand all this 50 calories here and 500 calorie limit nonsense. Isn't the point of a fast not to consume any food at all? I mean I understand tea has small amounts of calories but that is completely different than supplementing oils or whatever. Thoughts?

Also what is the official count on people who will completely fast until friday? About to consume my last meal in a few minutes and prepare tea for tomorrow.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    Chamomile tea always helps me sleep. I don't understand all this 50 calories here and 500 calorie limit nonsense. Isn't the point of a fast not to consume any food at all? I mean I understand tea has small amounts of calories but that is completely different than supplementing oils or whatever. Thoughts?

Also what is the official count on people who will completely fast until friday? About to consume my last meal in a few minutes and prepare tea for tomorrow.
    The point of a fast is not to abstain from food or calories, but to achieve one's goals, whether those goals be spiritual, detox, weight loss, health gains &/or recovery, longevity, lean-gain or partial or full switch to fat burning. The list goes on... I'm sorry you lack the understanding to follow our posts, but that does not make any of our hacks that allow calories or fat nonsense, it just makes you look ignorant or unwilling to read what we've posted in plain English.

I have no idea how many will be doing this fast, as some are lurkers & will not post for whatever reasons they deem appropriate. At last count, I think we are at about a 1/2 dozen. But as I said, it would not surprise me if there were more...

Camomille tea never worked for me, not when used alone before bed, except to prompt me to wake up to pee in the middle of night. But it might work for someone else. I don't recommend drinking anything for 3-4 hours before bed while fasting, especially not hot teas or other hot drinks. But whatever works for you or others is great.

I've had sleep issues since becoming a parent 6 years ago, compounded with the 60-80 hours of work I was putting in having started my own online international business that often had me on the phone & on Skype with people all over the world, at all hours of the night & day. My schedule isn't that crazed anymore, but my sleep has never gone back to what it used to be...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

I'm with you BennettC, on the calorie vs fasting angle. But I think it's very cool that folks are joining in and doing it whatever way works for them. As far as the full 4 day - I think it's just you, me and Paleobird. Although...I won't finish calorie intake until 9 or 10 pm tonight and will probably eat just after 5 p.m. Friday, so I'm not going quite 96 hours.

Paleobird Guest
    I don't understand all this 50 calories here and 500 calorie limit nonsense. Isn't the point of a fast not to consume any food at all? I mean I understand tea has small amounts of calories but that is completely different than supplementing oils or whatever. Thoughts?
    Well, I have always thought as you do and fasted perfectly in zero calorie purity so this time I'm going to try it with the option of having some fat in my coffee or tea and see how it goes. Doesn't hurt to try something different, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    The point of a fast is not to abstain from food or calories, but to achieve one's goals, whether those goals be spiritual, detox, weight loss, health gains &/or recovery, longevity, lean-gain or partial or full switch to fat burning.
    Well put, Betorq - I like the challenge of doing what defines a "fast" for me. That means no calories, so that's my goal. I'm totally enthused that others are joining in, in whatever version. It'll be great to support one-another, compare notes, and make suggestions.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    My last meal was @ 4.30pm EST today, an early turkey dinner. I'm aiming for 3.5 days, as per Dr Longo's recommendation from the Eat, Fast & Live Longer doc. That would have me fasting until breakfast Friday morning. If I feel fine & have no desire for food, I may go for the whole 96 hours, which would be a Friday early evening dinner.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Guys I've finally posted my own personal story to the forum. I think you will all find it very moving and interesting. I was a morbidly obese child and it was a pretty emotional experience writing it all out. Ive just finished it and posted it in the meet and greet sections. I hope you all enjoy reading it and find it motivating as we all fast together. Will plan on reading your personal stories as well so we can get to know each other better through this experience. Again I hope you take the time to read it, I appreciate your time.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    The point of a fast is not to abstain from food or calories, but to achieve one's goals, whether those goals be spiritual, detox, weight loss, health gains &/or recovery, longevity, lean-gain or partial or full switch to fat burning. The list goes on... I'm sorry you lack the understanding to follow our posts, but that does not make any of our hacks that allow calories or fat nonsense, it just makes you look ignorant or unwilling to read what we've posted in plain English.

I have no idea how many will be doing this fast, as some are lurkers & will not post for whatever reasons they deem appropriate. At last count, I think we are at about a 1/2 dozen. But as I said, it would not surprise me if there were more...

Camomille tea never worked for me, not when used alone before bed, except to prompt me to wake up to pee in the middle of night. But it might work for someone else. I don't recommend drinking anything for 3-4 hours before bed while fasting, especially not hot teas or other hot drinks. But whatever works for you or others is great.

I've had sleep issues since becoming a parent 6 years ago, compounded with the 60-80 hours of work I was putting in having started my own online international business that often had me on the phone & on Skype with people all over the world, at all hours of the night & day. My schedule isn't that crazed anymore, but my sleep has never gone back to what it used to be...
    Thanks for further insight on fasting. I am very young and new to fasting and do not have as much experience as you or paleo bird and others. I find it interesting that yall are experimenting in the fast and just wanted to know why. I will go back and read your previous post most in dept, I only glanced over them. Perhaps I worded what I said wrong so for that I apologize. I did not mean to come off as ignorant. Looking forward to fasting with yall.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for further insight on fasting. I am very young and new to fasting and do not have as much experience as you or paleo bird and others. I find it interesting that yall are experimenting in the fast and just wanted to know why. I will go back and read your previous post most in dept, I only glanced over them. Perhaps I worded what I said wrong so for that I apologize. I did not mean to come off as ignorant. Looking forward to fasting with yall.
    No problem, Bennett. We are all still figuring things out and trying new things together. Actually you and Betorq have some things in common, both southern gentlemen with professional chef training.

I just had some guacamole to use up some avocados that weren't going to survive until Friday. So, it's on.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast