Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasting Challenge Next Week page 12

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yal, all this talk, just put me in the mood. We had an early dinner last night, I am going to round it to 5pm.

I dont really have to prepare much, cuz I low carb anyways, and we aren't doing anything special today - DH had to work & no kids here, so it's nice and quiet, so I figured what-the-hey
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Im totally down for this, Ive never gone more than two days fasting so this will be interesting. I had a bigg breakfast today and tonight ill just have a light last meal of raw milk and eggs. Friday morning depending on how I feel I may go back on a liquid diet of raw milk and eggs. Will anyone be doing any kind of exercise during this fast. Light walking perhaps?

gmatt is offline Member
    BTW Betorq, thanks very much for the link to the article in Harpers. That was really great with lots of unknown history regarding fasting. Cheers.

edit link http://www.microsabio.net/zmisc-ty/harpers1.pdf
    Last edited by gmatt; 09-03-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: provide link

gmatt is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    Im totally down for this, Ive never gone more than two days fasting so this will be interesting. I had a bigg breakfast today and tonight ill just have a light last meal of raw milk and eggs. Friday morning depending on how I feel I may go back on a liquid diet of raw milk and eggs. Will anyone be doing any kind of exercise during this fast. Light walking perhaps?
    Just got back from a one hour brisk walk Bennett. Hour 27.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmatt View Post
    Just got back from a one hour brisk walk Bennett. Hour 27.
    nice, will def continue my daily walkin on this fast. going to consume mostly green and white tea. chamomile at night

Paleobird Guest
    I already have family plans for dinner with lamb chops defrosting so I am going to go with the dinner Monday to dinner Friday plan for a total of 96 hours.

I'm well stocked on rooibos tea, decaf coffee, and Crio Bru plus lots of butter and coconut oil for bulletproofing (max 500 cal/day).
    It will be interesting to see how this goes.
    Two things will be different for me from previous fasts, one the BP drinks, two, already being in ketosis to start with. We will see if I become a ketone burning machine.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    I'll be having a late dinner tonight - probably include beer this afternoon (going fishing) and wine with dinner. Needless to say, I won't be starting the fast in ketosis, but I make the transition pretty quickly. My goal this time is to consume water only - no coffee or tea. And I will continue with my body-weight exercises and walking. Will probably do some after-work fishing this week too as keeping busy really helps me. Went out for breakfast at 10:30 this morning - pork-loin and eggs. Mmmmm.

BennettC - good to have you on-board. If memory serves, sounds like there will be three of us trying to go 96 hours. Cool.

Donna* is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, I am new to this, been reading on here for a few weeks, will definitely fast from 7.00pm Sunday until 7.00pm Wednesday ( my daughter is coming for dinner) then will do it again until Friday 7.00pm. Have been eating clean for the last 14 weeks. Had no pasta, rice or legumes during this time but have had some home-made 'clean' bread'... I am over it! This site has taught me so much, thanks for posting. BTW have lost 34 lbs of 56 lbs. Need to do my kettle bell routine more and walk like Grok

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    I'm "using up" a few things that won't keep for four days like some really ripe avocados. I'm also doing some "pre-cooking" of some things I can serve to my Dad while I'm fasting. E.g. I'm making a big heart stew. Heating up a bowl of that for him would be easy but smelling it cooking all day while hungry might be torturous.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna* View Post
    Hi everyone, I am new to this, been reading on here for a few weeks, will definitely fast from 7.00pm Sunday until 7.00pm Wednesday ( my daughter is coming for dinner) then will do it again until Friday 7.00pm. Have been eating clean for the last 14 weeks. Had no pasta, rice or legumes during this time but have had some home-made 'clean' bread'... I am over it! This site has taught me so much, thanks for posting. BTW have lost 34 lbs of 56 lbs. Need to do my kettle bell routine more and walk like Grok
    Congrats on the great progress! I think the Walk like Grok plan is good for during a fast.

Nady is offline Senior Member

Just a quick reminder for those that are fasting longer than 24hr.

Especially if it's your first time going that long~ once your body has used up most of you glycogen stores, it starts to dump excess water~ you know, that 2 pounds a day thing~ but along with that water go electrolytes too. It's easy to become dehydrated if you're drinking lots of water or still having summer temps.

If you start to feel cold, lightheaded, off balance, it's probably dehydration/electrolyte imbalance. It does not mean you shouldn't fast, but that you need to drink less water and take more unprocessed salt and/or electrolytes. I use Celtic or RealSalt for supplementation. A healthy pinch (about tsp.) in a liter of water is about right. I've read several places that feeling cold is a problem for some~ here in hell, it's a welcome relief ~ but it's mostly a salt/water issue, not a *need to eat*.

Looking forward to starting tomorrow~

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast